Thom Brennaman, Reds Announcer fired after calling Kansas City "the fag capital of the world"

Cuz without all those faggots buying tickets MLB would go broke if the degenerates and pedophiles boycotted the game, just like Chick Fila did ...

Why do people say stupid stuff like this? It has become more prevalent. I guess that it is a byproduct of the dumbing down of our educational system. Name-calling and more name-calling. People have to grow up sometime. I hope.

Name calling in the schools is nothing very new, even in the parochial school system.

When I was in school, one of my classmates accused my father as well as myself of homosexuality. Of course I defended by manhood, but the other kid did take it back.

Cuz without all those faggots buying tickets MLB would go broke if the degenerates and pedophiles boycotted the game, just like Chick Fila did ...

Why do people say stupid stuff like this? It has become more prevalent. I guess that it is a byproduct of the dumbing down of our educational system. Name-calling and more name-calling. People have to grow up sometime. I hope.
That sportscaster is a beginner compared to many of the players kneeling. You do know that? We may all be hypocrites in one thing or another. But some are beyond scope.

Faggot is a perfectly acceptable word; it's not a name, either, but given the general illiteracy our education system produces in lieu of literacy and facts, its only natural that halfwits with high self-esteem will be easily suckered into parroting ridiculous marketing campaigns.

The marketing agenda, straight out of Antonio Gramsci's writings:

The card carrying commie and NAMBLA lover and founder of the faggot privileges movement Harry Hay would be proud of the deviants he schooled. The dumbass victims of this media scam will never admit they've been had,

So you can't answer because you know I'm right, they aren't 'normal' and they aren't 'proud', and you're just another dumbass fashion victim who falls for cheesy low brow marketing gimmicks only children get roped in by. Okay, we know that already.

I don't have to "answer" an adult who talks like a child and is obviously insecure. Where did you get this "fashion victim" stupidity? Is this something you picked up on some bizarre cable channel? Fashion means absolutely nothing to me. You probably surf between Home Shopping Network and Jersey Shore.

"Fag" is a word that has been in common usage for more than a generation. It is only a slur when used to describe someone who is heterosexual.

The Gay Mafia is the most aggressive group of thugs in our society. NO RATIONAL HUMAN could possibly be offended by that offhand remark.

36 year career is over

And here I thoughts the fags had come out of the closet! I thought gays wanted the attention? Fag is not only a common British term, but it has been a common slang word since I was a kid, like Jap, Limey, etc. Why now all of a sudden does slang language accepted all my life and was commonly used on TV comedy shows just 20 years ago suddenly has to be a hateful, "homophobic" slur?

When did we move from a nation of tough people able to take a joke and laugh at ourselves rolling with the punches able to lead the world and defend liberty to a country of muling snowflakes deeply offended at every word?

Well if it was common when you were a kid, it must have been perfectly fine. :p

36 year career is over

And here I thoughts the fags had come out of the closet! I thought gays wanted the attention? Fag is not only a common British term, but it has been a common slang word since I was a kid, like Jap, Limey, etc. Why now all of a sudden does slang language accepted all my life and was commonly used on TV comedy shows just 20 years ago suddenly has to be a hateful, "homophobic" slur?

When did we move from a nation of tough people able to take a joke and laugh at ourselves rolling with the punches able to lead the world and defend liberty to a country of muling snowflakes deeply offended at every word?

It's all just words. We understood not to fear words. Words can't hurt you. Letters of the alphabet. But that was before the Age of Snowflakes where now every word hurts as if and treated like they were lethal weapons.

Poor baby, try to hang in there.

I have always wondered why people say this sort of nonsense. What's the point? Does it make them feel better?
The Surveillance System has many tentacles. People will rat on other people. People will abuse other people with the technologies. It will turn near nothing into something major. Instead of a verbal talking to a person is destroyed. We are long past the talking to anyway. Now the minimum is classes to reorient a person and then groveling for anything simple but thought of as against the agenda. This will turn on the same people who who have destroyed others over the years. We are in the New World Order, the Perfect Order by those who have made it and use the minions as their slaves to destroy another. And they are all over. Blue side and riot side. Businesses and Government. Rich and poor and everywhere. The ultimate weasels. Like the paparazzi following entertainers, this follows us all. Waiting for our flaws. And then the attack occurs. And another destroyed for the Perfect Order.

36 year career is over

It's all just words. We understood not to fear words. Words can't hurt you. Letters of the alphabet. But that was before the Age of Snowflakes where now every word hurts as if and treated like they were lethal weapons.

Poor baby, try to hang in there.

Sure sure, no one minded any of the racial, ethnic, religious, or sexual slurs tossed about in your youth. Everyone was perfectly happy being insulted by anyone at any time, everyone just looked at it as a joke and laughed. :lol:

Sure sure, no one minded any of the racial, ethnic, religious, or sexual slurs tossed about in your youth. Everyone was perfectly happy being insulted by anyone at any time, everyone just looked at it as a joke and laughed. :lol:

Pretty much.

There was something called "humor."

The Communists have cancelled it.
Sometimes there’s humor, sometimes there’s nastiness and/or bigotry. It’s not all one or the other. :dunno:

Sure sure, no one minded any of the racial, ethnic, religious, or sexual slurs tossed about in your youth. Everyone was perfectly happy being insulted by anyone at any time, everyone just looked at it as a joke and laughed.

Yep. Because no one was offended, it wasn't like we ran up to japanese and yelled Hey Jap! Hey Gook! This was just slang used in personal conversation. What one might call colloquialisms. There was no hate, no offense intended, it was just part of the parlance of the times.

Just yesterday I was watching a rerun of the old 1975 game show "The Match Game" where the host Gene Rayburn and all six Hollywood panelists were doing "Japanese" imitations "taking like Japs" doing the stereotypical "Jap talk" anyone would recognize as a Jap where you substitute L's for all of your R's, in regards to one of the game questions being asked.

This went on for several minutes, everyone on stage was laughing and the whole studio audience was howling. There were no boos, no tears, no one walked out or filed a lawsuit.

Because back then, people knew how to laugh at themselves. No one took things so serious. The problem isn't familiar slang being taken as a "racial slur," the problem is idiots like you making it such an issue.

but it's ok to slander Mr Trump/whites/etc
but it's ok to call the POTUS a MOFO = very hateful

Sure sure, no one minded any of the racial, ethnic, religious, or sexual slurs tossed about in your youth. Everyone was perfectly happy being insulted by anyone at any time, everyone just looked at it as a joke and laughed.

Yep. Because no one was offended, it wasn't like we ran up to japanese and yelled Hey Jap! Hey Gook! This was just slang used in personal conversation. What one might call colloquialisms. There was no hate, no offense intended, it was just part of the parlance of the times.

Just yesterday I was watching a rerun of the old 1975 game show "The Match Game" where the host Gene Rayburn and all six Hollywood panelists were doing "Japanese" imitations "taking like Japs" doing the stereotypical "Jap talk" anyone would recognize as a Jap where you substitute L's for all of your R's, in regards to one of the game questions being asked.

This went on for several minutes, everyone on stage was laughing and the whole studio audience was howling. There were no boos, no tears, no one walked out or filed a lawsuit.

Because back then, people knew how to laugh at themselves. No one took things so serious. The problem isn't familiar slang being taken as a "racial slur," the problem is idiots like you making it such an issue.

Did the term Jap begin as a common term, or was it used as a racial slur and became a common term? How about Gook? Or fag, which is what the thread began with?

Jap was used as a slur during WWII. I don't know if gook has ever been anything but a derogatory word. Fag has certainly been used as a slur for a long time in this country.

Maybe "back then" you were in a position to use ethnic or racial slurs without repercussion, so it seemed to you as if everyone was OK with it. Maybe you didn't see or notice people who were offended by the terms. Maybe those people hid the offense they felt. I have no idea. On the other hand, I feel pretty confident that the people those various terms were created to insult didn't all feel happy about their common usage.

Sure, some people might get overly offended. Some people look for offense in everything. But you know, some people are happy to offend and/or remain willfully oblivious to when they give offense.

I wonder what other insults and slurs you think ought to still be used commonly? :eusa_think:

36 year career is over

I thought it was either San Francisco or Chicago???
He was probably talking about ones still in the closet so ya, that would be just about any Midwest city.
A lot of openly gay weirdos here in the Midwest; even a few that are basically normal humans other than their strange sexual choices which they choose to proclaim to the world.

Forum List

Back