Thomas Eric Duncan (ebola Traveler) Should Be Criminally Tried If He Survives

TheAmerican

May 4, 2014
I believe that he knew that he was infected. I think self preservation overrode morals in his case. I dont blame him for having a fear of dying, but he knew. This would possibly discourage those that have the desire to risk it and just come to the US for treatment possibly infecting our population.

1. He has family not only in Dallas Texas but in North Carolina. I mention this - because it is not like when the Ebola victim travels to Dallas - that is the only family that they have. African immigrants are not like Latino immigrants that stick primarily in the same city or state - they are spread out and dispersed throughout the united states.
2. Many of the visas that they have are usually overstayed.

If he gets better, which I wish death on no one, so if he gets better - that means that he will invite more to take a chance.

America: Lets send a message.

If anyone doubts what I am saying - check out the daily caller, there is also another Ebola patient that is suspected in Hawaii that traveled to West Africa -- and I can guarantee you that they thought "who cares if I go, I can get treated here".

See below

Worried about the outstanding number of American visas held by people in Ebola-stricken countries, a controversial immigrant studies group thinks the Obama administration should restrict travel to the United States.

READ MORE: First US Ebola patient was in contact with school-aged children - Texas governor

The Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) says there have been 13,500 visas issued to people in the three countries primarily affected by Ebola – Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leon – and worries that contagious residents could potentially use those visas to seek medical help in the US and possibly trigger further outbreaks.

The controversial non-partisan group, which seeks immigration reduction in the United States, said on Wednesday that it used government statistics to draw its conclusion about the number of outstanding visas.

Using 2013 non-immigrant visa issuance statistics and information on visa validity periods, I estimate that there are about 5,000 people from Sierra Leone, 5,000 people from Guinea, and 3,500 from Liberia who have valid non-immigrant visas to enter the United States,” said Jessica Vaughan, policy director at CIS.

Those statistics, however, cannot be verified on the Department of State’s own US Visas website, which shows that in 2013 only 552 travel visas were issued to people in Guinea, 2,332 to people in Liberia, and 1,369 to people in Sierra Leone – making for a total of 5,252 visas. The data does not show how many are still valid in 2014, as visas can expire after one or two years.

Still, CIS’ Vaughan maintains that President Obama and “his immigration agencies have the authority and the responsibility to deny admission to any alien that has a communicable disease.”

READ MORE: Ebola worse than HIV, SARS – UN official

Alarm over Ebola has increased in some circles since the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) confirmed on Tuesday that a man tested positive for the virus within the US.

This is the first patient diagnosed outside of Africa to our knowledge with this particular strain of Ebola,” CDC director Thomas Frieden said.

Since the Ebola outbreak in West Africa began, the death toll has risen to 3,338 of 7,178 registered cases, according to the latest figures from the World Health Organization.

READ MORE: Ebola diagnosed in US for first time – Center for Disease Control

That is pretty fucking stupid. What would you charge this man with? There is no criminal statute to cover something like this. The fucker did not even know he was sick until he starting experiencing symptoms, and that did not start until after he arrived in America. Do you fucking have ESP so that you are able to divine his intention?

About others flooding the country, well they got to have the money for a plane ticket first. Most of the African Ebola patients are so dirt-road poor that they cannot even afford food. If they start flooding in, then obviously we have to act. However, it should be doable because they can only get here by air or boat. Thus, they will be funneled through a port of entry.

That is pretty fucking stupid. What would you charge this man with? There is no criminal statute to cover something like this. The fucker did not even know he was sick until he starting experiencing symptoms, and that did not start until after he arrived in America. Do you fucking have ESP so that you are able to divine his intention?

About others flooding the country, well they got to have the money for a plane ticket first. Most of the African Ebola patients are so dirt-road poor that they cannot even afford food. If they start flooding in, then obviously we have to act. However, it should be doable because they can only get here by air or boat. Thus, they will be funneled through a port of entry.
I suspect that whatever agency funded all those diseased Central American kids who paid coyotes to get them here will more than gladly pay a few one-way plane tickets to get the Ebola infected care-seekers here, too. You know, all those poor kids whose families could suddenly afford what, $6,000-$10,000 per head? Hell, plane tickets from Western Africa are cheaper. Too bad the Ebola thing didn't come up until later. Might have saved the taxpayer a mint.

Hey, it's not spread thru the air folks.
It will never end up spreading in the US.
If you like your healthcare, you can keep your healthcare.

BTW, anyone who complained about the possibility of Ebola finding it's way here is a GD racist.

:nono:

Anyone who thought that a black man from Liberia might be carrying ebola is a racist. The hospital did not want to be racist. They treated this black man just as if he were anyone from Europe.

Instead of being assholes, why not put your efforts into finding a cure?

So you mean take the risk of contracting a disease that's fatal 60% of the time and pray that they come up with a cure for it in time so people will think we're nice?

What kind of a dingbat are you?

People with Ebola should be kept out of this country at gun point. Anyone who has it and manages to sneak in should be locked up in prison. That's the only prudent thing to do.

Last edited:
Fear is a powerful motive. that's why it is so prevalent in media, advertising, politics, etc...

Fact is Ebola is not a pandemic. Remember the Swine flu and Bird flu? two fear-based pandemics that never happened . Ebola is no different- it's been around since 1976 and has killed less than 5000 people worldwide.

Oh he knew. He helped carry a dying pregnant woman to transportation to a hospital and 2 or 3 other neighbors had died. Believe it or not it was in a freaking wheelbarrow. YIKES!

That's why he's going to be criminally charged by Liberia.

ETA: OK. link to the story about Liberia charging this man.

BBC News - Ebola crisis Liberia to prosecute man in US hospital

Last edited:
Fear is a powerful motive. that's why it is so prevalent in media, advertising, politics, etc...

Fact is Ebola is not a pandemic. Remember the Swine flu and Bird flu? two fear-based pandemics that never happened . Ebola is no different- it's been around since 1976 and has killed less than 5000 people worldwide.

I'm going to play Art Bell here and put on my tin foil hat.

Obama signed this into law in August. If fears spread of a pandemic people can be quarantined for even showing any respiratory distress. We have a mega election on the horizon.

Put enough fear out there and one could foresee a very low voter turnout.

:) Like I said I'm wearing my tinfoil Coast to Coast hat on here.

Barack Obama amends Executive Order to quarantine Americans with respiratory illness
August 5, 2014

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 264(b) of title 42, United States Code, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Amendment to Executive Order 13295. Based upon the recommendation of the Secretary of Health and Human Services, in consultation with the Acting Surgeon General, and for the purposes set forth in section 1 of Executive Order 13295 of April 4, 2003, as amended by Executive Order 13375 of April 1, 2005, section 1 of Executive Order 13295 shall be further amended by replacing subsection (b) with the following:

“(b) Severe acute respiratory syndromes, which are diseases that are associated with fever and signs and symptoms of pneumonia or other respiratory illness, are capable of being transmitted from person to person, and that either are causing, or have the potential to cause, a pandemic, or, upon infection, are highly likely to cause mortality or serious morbidity if not properly controlled. This subsection does not apply to influenza.”

Barack Obama amends Executive Order to quarantine Americans with respiratory illness America s Watchtower

Instead of being assholes, why not put your efforts into finding a cure?

So you mean take the risk of contracting a disease that's fatal 60% of the time and pray that they come up with a cure for it in time so people will think we're nice?

What kind of a dingbat are you?

People with Ebola should be kept out of this country at gun point. Anyone who has it and manages to sneak in should be locked up in prison. That's the only prudent thing to do.
Assault with a deadly WMD and 350 million counts of attempted murder.

Now to be very serious. Don't poo poo this. I lived thru the SARS epidemic in Southern Ontario.

Although very few people contracted the virus and less died from it the repercussions for the economy of Toronto were brutal. And the Canadian economy in general suffered.

People cancelled tours. No one would travel to the city. It got so bad that my Prime Minister Chretien actually flew in from Ottawa to dine at a restaurant to show people it was safe to come to TO.

People were wearing masks and gloves all over the place. Even to Blue Jays games.

AND they shut down entire hospitals. People missed spending last days with dying family.

Pregnant women were stranded in wards. It really was a wild ride.

Take the time to study what happened with SARS in TO. And see what can happen in your neck of the woods.

This just deals with the economic impact, but it will give you an idea of how financially devastating this ebola situation could become.

INDEPTH: SARS
The Economic Impact of SARS
CBC News Online | Updated July 8, 2003

TORONTO

Toronto businesses were hit hard by SARS, says Joe Mihevc, Toronto city councillor and chair of the city's health board. "We are talking... millions of dollars in lost potential (economic activity)," he told CBC Newsworld on April 20.

Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) was taking a devastating toll on the tourism sector even before the World Health Organization released its advisory against non-essential travel to Toronto. The advisory is making a bad situation worse.

• cancellations at Greater Toronto Area hotels led to an estimated $39 million in lost revenues during the month of April 2003 alone (Source: Canadian Tourism Commission)
  • audiences at theatres dwindled
  • bus and tour companies were hit – more than 800 bus tours were cancelled as of April 24, with an estimated economic loss of $5 million to $6 million*
  • fewer people were dining at restaurants – restaurant business was down between 20 and 30 per cent, according to economic development commissioner Joe Halstead*
  • conventions were cancelled – the cancellation of one health-care convention probably cost the region about $6 million, according to Ontario Enterprise Minister Jim Flaherty
CBC News Indepth SARS

Oh he knew. He helped carry a dying pregnant woman to transportation to a hospital and 2 or 3 other neighbors had died. Believe it or not it was in a freaking wheelbarrow. YIKES!

Yeah, I get it now. He made false representations in gov. Forms prior to leaving Liberia.

Wow! An administration that has some sense of morality and legal jurisprudence. I'm guessing they'd be definitely not PC. Bastard should be deported and hopefully the Liberians punish him appropriately. Sure ain't gonna happen around here.

Tried and assessed damages and the cost of his medical treatment. I suspect your contention that others will now start flooding into this country, knowing they are infected, in order to take advantage of our "free" medical facilities.

If treatment saves his life, foreigners could take that as a sign we have a cure.

Forum List

Back