Those who insist Christians are attempting to establish a theocracy....

It won't happen anyways. Too many people who do not agree with each other on religion.

Plus we aren't trying to do it anyway. Christians don't propose legislation that will establish Christianity as the state religion.

We leave it to the atheists to attack the constitution.

Looks like North Carolina Republicans are non-Christians:

Republican lawmakers in North Carolina have proposed a bill that would allow the state to declare an official religion, a seeming violation of the Establishment Clause of the U.S. Bill of Rights.
Proposed Bill in North Carolina Would Establish a State Religion | TheBlaze.com

Which religion do you think they'll choose? Islam?
There you go, looking theocratic.

Defining marriage as one man one woman is demanding an adherence to the Judeo-Christian version of marriage.

No. It's demanding adherence to the dictionary. We don't give a shit who you sleep with or whether or not you enjoy the same rights married couples do. Just don't call it "marriage".

Saying christians want a theocracy is like saying muslims are terrorists. Broad sweeping generalizations tend not to be accurate, and yet the underlying truth is that small non-representative groups from all religions try to push those religions on others outside their religion.

Yes, they are. In multiple threads. In every Christian bashing thread, it comes up..."Christians are trying to establish a theocracy!"
So go to those threads and respond accordingly. Starting a new thread with "you are all wrong" to no one in particular makes you look a bit foolish. Although that's not new for you.

This is what happens when yahoos tell people they don't have a right to practice their religion.

Enjoy.
I don't think anyone's saying that. I think they're saying that people's religion has no place in the political stage.

Please provide your evidence. Quotes and links of proposed legislation that seek to establish a theocracy in the US.

Thank you.

It's like what righties say about gun control - it's just the "first step" in banning guns entirely. Therefore, states trying to legislate Christianity as the official state religion is the beginning of state theocracy. It ain't rocket science...

Theocracy Watch: Rise of the Religious Right in the Republican Party

Christian fundamentalism is big what NY columnist Jimmy Breslin called the Low IQ States:eusa_whistle:

Defining marriage as one man one woman is demanding an adherence to the Judeo-Christian version of marriage.

No. It's demanding adherence to the dictionary. We don't give a shit who you sleep with or whether or not you enjoy the same rights married couples do. Just don't call it "marriage".

Is that due to the Christian copyright on "marriage"?

Please provide your evidence. Quotes and links of proposed legislation that seek to establish a theocracy in the US.

Thank you.

Clearly, you don't know what "theocracy" means. if you did, you could connect the dots between it and the Republican Party state platforms.

Thank you.

Clearly, you don't know what "theocracy" means. if you did, you could connect the dots between it and the Republican Party state platforms.

If Republican Christians had the power to establish a theocracy, don't you think there would already be one? Just a little common sense.

that logic doesn't quite work. lack of knowledge of such a sanctioned marriage in history does not negate the fact that marriage is generally defined by the judeo-christian version. absence of knowledge does not negate presence of it.

that logic doesn't quite work. lack of knowledge of such a sanctioned marriage in history does not negate the fact that marriage is generally defined by the judeo-christian version. absence of knowledge does not negate presence of it.

But marriage is far from the establishment of a theocracy. To accuse Christians of trying to enforce one is way off base.

Is that due to the Christian copyright on "marriage"?

No, fool I already stated why and offered that I support "civil unions". It has nothing to do with my religion. My former religion would see gays burn in hell. My current religion has no building, copyrights or dogma.

Considering it's the only version of marriage that exists, period through all religions and cultures, to pretend it's only a Judeo-christian version, is a bit deceptive, don't you think?

The problem is they cannot enjoy the same rights as married couples, because no matter how the government wants to, it cannot help two people of the same gender reproduce with each other.

What societies in history sanctioned same sex marriage?

Gee, I can't think of any.

Heck, what societies even concieved of same sex marriage? They never did because a marriage is a relationship between a man and a woman.

But marriage is far from the establishment of a theocracy. To accuse Christians of trying to enforce one is way off base.
I appreciate the well formed response. I admit I'm not familiar enough with the start of it all, but I do believe that the people insisting on marriage being heterosexual are religious, and mostly Christian. That's not to say "all Christians" but rather those pushing the agenda happen to move on religious beliefs.

Forum List

Back