Thousands of Low Temperature records about to be broken across US.

Weeellll, my 75 year old self is not liking the cold like I used to. My body can't regulate its temperature like it used to.

I had to clear a 30 foot path to the garage of four feet of snow.

Used to take a couple of hours. This time it took the whole damned day!

I might have to buy me a snow blower.

I just got a new one.

We're only likely to get an inch or two today .

Four feet! DAMN! I thought we were gonna have it bad. You got really cold temps? Also interested -- are you getting crazy wind?

I just got a new one.

We're only likely to get an inch or two today .

Four feet! DAMN! I thought we were gonna have it bad. You got really cold temps? Also interested -- are you getting crazy wind?

I live a few hundred feet above Incline Village Nevada. We ALWAYS get lots of wind. My anemometer regularly pegs at 100 mph. It is mounted 75 feet up the hill from my house. We are in a hollow, but I like to know what the winds aloft are doing.

I live a few hundred feet above Incline Village Nevada. We ALWAYS get lots of wind. My anemometer regularly pegs at 100 mph. It is mounted 75 feet up the hill from my house. We are in a hollow, but I like to know what the winds aloft are doing.

Wow! I was just feeling whiny about having to tolerate 25mph winds and -40° wind chill!

YIKES!

I was debating some friends at the Atmospheric lab in Colorado, and I ask them this very point. How did you stop all natural variation factors? Stunned silence... It was hilarious... They admitted they were wrong without having to say a word. Now we simply ask them if they have ruled out all natural drivers as CO2's expected reaction is dependent on knowing what it can really do.

You hit the nail on the head JC.
Hahaha haha

What a complete load of bullshit.

Maybe if you knew nothing at all about it. Which you don't.
Absolutely, I know nothing about the "average annual temperatures" that Faun was talking about, that's why I was asking. I want to know more because right now I know nothing about them. Assuming that Faun was talking about actual temperatures that could be shared here, all I'm asking is that Faun or someone else share them.

It's not a matter of secrecy is it? Why would anyone want the temperatures kept secret? Something as important as this (I'd have thought) would have everyone presenting all sorts of temperatures.

Absolutely, I know nothing about the "average annual temperatures" that Faun was talking about, that's why I was asking. I want to know more because right now I know nothing about them. Assuming that Faun was talking about actual temperatures that could be shared here, all I'm asking is that Faun or someone else share them.

It's not a matter of secrecy is it? Why would anyone want the temperatures kept secret? Something as important as this (I'd have thought) would have everyone presenting all sorts of temperatures.
If you wanted to know more, you would go look up what scientists say. You would not ask a nonscientist stranger on the internet. So I will throw my bullshit flag all over that one.

1671665936956.png

It's just so embarrassing that so many people are still this ignorant of this topic.
Dude, you are one of them.

The Baron's image shows, oh, call it -5ºC ... 140 years ago, this would have been -6ºC ... and in another 140 years, this is -4ºC ...

Allow me to explain, I'll try to use small words ... the guy in the picture is saying that "global warming" sounds like a good thing to folks in Chicago about this time of year ... for hundreds of miles in all direction, farmers are saying in their hearts "two weeks longer growing season" ... I guess this is bad for Indiana ... it'll be GREAT for Iowa ...

But we have New Speak and now the "woke" are saying "climate change" ... even though warming doesn't change climate ... now we can say Indiana will be a totally barren dry desert ... even though that's physically impossible without removing the Rocky Mountains and filling in the Gulf of Mexico ...

When F'Fun gets to high school, he'll have to take a science class ... hopefully they'll cover fluid motion and he won't be this much of a pill ... yeah right ...

The Baron's image shows, oh, call it -5ºC ... 140 years ago, this would have been -6ºC ... and in another 140 years, this is -4ºC ...

Allow me to explain, I'll try to use small words ... the guy in the picture is saying that "global warming" sounds like a good thing to folks in Chicago about this time of year ... for hundreds of miles in all direction, farmers are saying in their hearts "two weeks longer growing season" ... I guess this is bad for Indiana ... it'll be GREAT for Iowa ...

But we have New Speak and now the "woke" are saying "climate change" ... even though warming doesn't change climate ... now we can say Indiana will be a totally barren dry desert ... even though that's physically impossible without removing the Rocky Mountains and filling in the Gulf of Mexico ...

When F'Fun gets to high school, he'll have to take a science class ... hopefully they'll cover fluid motion and he won't be this much of a pill ... yeah right ...
Well that was an irrelevant little tantrum by a nonscientist whose opinions mean fuck all.

But if you want to say cold weather debunks global warming-- the comment to which I responded -- knock yourself out.

And it is called climate change when referring to climate change, which is a larger topic than global warming.

If you wanted to know more, you would go look up what scientists say. You would not ask a nonscientist stranger on the internet. So I will throw my bullshit flag all over that one.
well asking you is a total waste of time right? cause you don't know shit about shitola bubkiss!! That is forrrrr sure.

Well that was an irrelevant little tantrum by a nonscientist whose opinions mean fuck all.

But if you want to say cold weather debunks global warming-- the comment to which I responded -- knock yourself out.

And it is called climate change when referring to climate change, which is a larger topic than global warming.
so where has climate changed science man?

We are expecting record low temps in GA in the next two days. I saw that five states already recorded their record low temps this month. Global warming eh? Lots of similarities to the strident loyalty to the Covid jabs. Same personality type.

Forum List

Back