Thread to Talk Shit about Global Warming

"For the umpteenth time, no consensus in science."
A consensus is not something that is willfully created. Scientists form opinions about new theories. The consensus appears when someone asks them what they all think and finds out that a majority like some theory or that they don't like some other theory.

A consensus is not something that is willfully created. Scientists form opinions about new theories. The consensus appears when someone asks them what they all think and finds out that a majority like some theory or that they don't like some other theory.
I gave you what the definition is, a theory.

You should really look up the definition of consensus

The claim that it would be flooded. Or that we would suffer "hypercanes". Have those claims ever appeared in peer reviewed science?

I've never been on the Everglades Parkway ... I hear tell that it's blocking the fresh water intrusion into the Everglades, and this is a horrible thing for the Everglades ...

Typhoon Tip is generally considered to be close to the frictional limit of the atmosphere ... as demonstrated by this being the strongest tropical cyclone ever recorded ... I don't know if we'll find textbook material in the scientific literature, at least not in English ...

The Saffir-Simpson scale only needs to go up to Category 5 ... tropical cyclones cover to much area to get any stronger ...

I've never been on the Everglades Parkway ... I hear tell that it's blocking the fresh water intrusion into the Everglades, and this is a horrible thing for the Everglades ...

Typhoon Tip is generally considered to be close to the frictional limit of the atmosphere ... as demonstrated by this being the strongest tropical cyclone ever recorded ... I don't know if we'll find textbook material in the scientific literature, at least not in English ...

The Saffir-Simpson scale only needs to go up to Category 5 ... tropical cyclones cover to much area to get any stronger ...
So I guess I can assume that none of the predictions you were guffawing about ever appeared in any peer reviewed publication. Got it.

So I guess I can assume that none of the predictions you were guffawing about ever appeared in any peer reviewed publication. Got it.

Which predictions ... the ones covered in basic textbooks? ... this from someone who doesn't know a convergence zone from the pseudo-adiabatic process ... stupid ...

Do you know what a cyclone is? ... ha ha ha ha ... I guess not ...

Which predictions ... the ones covered in basic textbooks? ... this from someone who doesn't know a convergence zone from the pseudo-adiabatic process ... stupid ...
You know perfectly well. The predictions that you claimed climate science had made: 'hypercanes' and the flooding of the Everglades Parkway. Would you like to see a quote from your post?

I make mistakes here. I have done so on multiple occasions and when I do I admit it. You all should try it once in a while. Doing so has some beneficial results.

In November 2010, the National Park Service completed the Tamiami Trail Modifications: Next Steps Final Environmental Impact Statement, and the Record of Decision was signed in early 2011. This report presented an environmental analysis of six alternatives: a no-action alternative, and five variations of additional bridging that could be constructed along the eastern roadway, while accommodating access to all of the adjacent developed areas (these include: two Miccosukee Indian camps, three commercial and one private airboat operations, and three radio/telemetry tower arrays). The environmentally preferred alternative (Alternative 6e) recommended the construction of up to 5.5-miles of additional bridging (in four potential locations), and complete reconstruction of the remaining roadway. The recommended roadway reconstruction would remove all of the unsuitable subbase, and raise the top of the finished roadway elevation to approximately 13 feet (NGVD), to accommodate the future CERP projected design high water of 9.7 feet in the L-29 canal.

It looks like someone had such concerns.

Scientists often form consensuses on the exact meanings of evidence, data, facts. Many scientists have no opinion on 'new' theories, until any new theory becomes a serious issue of concern. And it is rarely about 'liking' a theory.

you said there is consensus in science, and you have said there is none.

okay
Nope, I never ever said that. I posted what a link says, not me, and in said link says consensus is a synonym for theory! Nope. Theory is theory consensus is stupid

Forum List

Back