Time to go public with Soleimani attack intel

After watching the public reaction to Soleimani’s murder followed by vows of revenge by Iran, we are apparently on the brink of war. At this point it seems obvious that we need to go public with the intel we have showing the imminent attack that was being planned against Americans.

This intel should clearly show the world that Soleimani was a clear and present danger and we had no choice but to go outside of protocol and assassinate him. Do you agree? Thoughts?
I think you are being very presumptuous. Do you have any sort of evidence that the strike was outside of protocol? Since we've been killing enemy soldiers in Iraq for over a quarter century, including dozens, if not hundreds, in the vicinity of the Baghdad airport, the strike that killed those enemy commanders seems like SOP to me. There was no break from protocol.

Also, calling it an "assassination" is a bit of a stretch.
how was it not an assassination?! It was a targeted drone strike while he was in a car leaving Baghdad’s airport.

I would call it a "target (or threat) elimination".:rofl:

After watching the public reaction to Soleimani’s murder followed by vows of revenge by Iran, we are apparently on the brink of war. At this point it seems obvious that we need to go public with the intel we have showing the imminent attack that was being planned against Americans.

This intel should clearly show the world that Soleimani was a clear and present danger and we had no choice but to go outside of protocol and assassinate him. Do you agree? Thoughts?
I think you are being very presumptuous. Do you have any sort of evidence that the strike was outside of protocol? Since we've been killing enemy soldiers in Iraq for over a quarter century, including dozens, if not hundreds, in the vicinity of the Baghdad airport, the strike that killed those enemy commanders seems like SOP to me. There was no break from protocol.

how was it not an assassination?! It was a targeted drone strike while he was in a car leaving Baghdad’s airport.

So by your definition, Obama assasinated over 3,000 people. Wow. That would be war criminal like, wouldn't it?

I'd agree that I would like to know.

I'd agree that it might make some people here and abroad a bit more confortable with it.

As long as it doesnt endanger sources, other ops or give up intel, maybe I'd release something.

But here's also why I might not. No matter what is released, it hasn't happened, so it will be criticized as insufficient. Revealing what we know also gives clues as to what we are thinking and may be planning and where we got the info.

We know plenty about this guy that he already did to justify this, IMO. We know he planned attacks and is responsible for American deaths. Given that this was his job it is a fairly safe bet that he was up to more of the same as sanctions are effecting them, as a means to respond to those sanctions and discourage more.

Active military enemy is dead. A message has been delivered to Iran to cut the crap. I don't need more. If a few things can be released, fine, but I don't see a real need to do so.
The decision to take out a high profile target like Soleimani should be made by POTUS and Congress, too much is at stake as far as backlash. If there was an imminent threat then POTUS had the right to act. But that should be explained

'If there was an imminent threat then POTUS had the right to act. But that should be explained'

Says who? You? :auiqs.jpg:
Yes

A whistleblower just came out and said "Uninformed sources tell me that Trump said, 'I need to distract from this Ukrianian impeachment thingy, they got me this time! This is worse than Mueller! We have to attack Iraq, I mean Iran!"

I don't seem to remember any Dems asking for proof of threat while Obama was exercising 2800 drone strikes against terrorists ( and that was in only two countries - there were many more)
Dems had more trust in Obama than they do with Trump, that obvious. And Obama’s strikes didn’t take us to the brink of war with Iran

Didn't know we were at the brink of war. Link?

Trust? Dems? hahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahhahahahahhahhhahahhahaahah

The imminent attack excuse does not make sense. This man was a general in charge of a large international operation. Killing him does practically nothing to stop any ongoing operation that we can assume was handled through whatever command structure that exists. They are lying. Someone else will be promoted to his position and Iran has a new martyr to rally around. You can't kill martyrs.
Next in line will now have a reason to retaliate

Actually, there is no motivation whatsoever for the Iranian mullahs to retaliate either militarily or terroristically.

They should be expected to concentrate on their efforts to elect Biden so they can get heir deal and the pallets of money back.

Carlin1stRule.jpg

Last edited:

So by your definition, Obama assasinated over 3,000 people. Wow. That would be war criminal like, wouldn't it?
Yes he did... I never said the actions were criminal.

After watching the public reaction to Soleimani’s murder followed by vows of revenge by Iran, we are apparently on the brink of war.

Says who?
Says the president of Iran

Iran's president warns America has made a 'grave mistake' by killing Soleimani in an airstrike | Daily Mail Online

Oh LOL. Well then, by all means, let's stir ourselves up into a mass panic.

What the hell do you expect him to say? Do you think this is the first time we've been threatened by Iran? They've been saying this shit for 40 years.

After watching the public reaction to Soleimani’s murder followed by vows of revenge by Iran, we are apparently on the brink of war.

Says who?
Says the president of Iran

Iran's president warns America has made a 'grave mistake' by killing Soleimani in an airstrike | Daily Mail Online

Don't know if you noticed, but Iran has been at war with us for over 20 years. "Death to America" and all that. Doesn't mean we are at war with them.

Assassinations are criminal.

Executive Order 11905 | United States history

You need to find another word, I would think.

Assassinations are criminal.

Executive Order 11905 | United States history

You need to find another word, I would think.
And this assassination may have been illegal.

Forum List

Back