Time to go public with Soleimani attack intel

After watching the public reaction to Soleimaniā€™s murder followed by vows of revenge by Iran, we are apparently on the brink of war. At this point it seems obvious that we need to go public with the intel we have showing the imminent attack that was being planned against Americans.

This intel should clearly show the world that Soleimani was a clear and present danger and we had no choice but to go outside of protocol and assassinate him. Do you agree? Thoughts?

Funny how lefties are jumping into defense of Iran, because it might make Trump looks bad.

With them, it seems like history doesn't exist, and they're ignoring event happened not so long ago.

Iran burned Saudi oil fields, Trump let that go.
They shot down US drone, Trump let that go.
They captured some oil tankers, Trump let that go too.
Iran finally attacks US embassy, and Trump blew up their general.

Now Democrats are coming out wondering why Trump is trying to start a war. Really?

$80M bounty on our president. What that tells you about Iran and their regime? If there ever was a rogue state, you're looking at it in Iran, and Norks.
again, Trump could find the cure for cancer and be the bad guy.

Considering that Democrats are American cancer, he actually did find a cure for it.

I appreciate the explanation Euro. I have heard of it but didnt want to go down that rabbit hole with these guys. Gotta pick and choose the battles or they will take the discussion off to a journey of tangents. Cheers

He was spewing crap, it was endorsed by the security counsel, it is not part of international law. maobama couldn't even sell it to the commiecrats to make it a treaty.

The Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) is a detailed, 159-page agreement with five annexes reached by Iran and the P5+1 (China France, Germany, Russia, the United Kingdom, and the United States) on July 14, 2015. The nuclear deal was endorsed by UN Security Council Resolution 2231.

The Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) at a Glance | Arms Control Association

it was an agreement with terms that all parties adhered to for years until trump blew it up. Thatā€™s the relevant point

Yeah, that's why so many areas were off limits to inspections. And the agreement didn't even address their sponsorship of terrorist. What a deal. LMAO

oh, and too fking funny, giving money to a country you're asking to stop trying to produce nuclear weapons, here's 150 billion to comply

That was a drop is a bucket compared to what they got with sanctions relief.

diplomatic solutions mean both sides give and get something. We put the breaks on their nuke program in exchange for sanction relief and integration with world markets... building relationships of that sort is the pathway to civilized relations. Do you disagree?

In what way is my OP defending Iran?!

Iran is full of anti America shitheads who are a threat to our people. Why in the world would you think Iā€™m defending them?

The U.S. is full of anti-Iranian shitheads who are an existential threat to Iran. Of course you would defend Iran, where warranted, at least try to understand what they are doing, and why, because it is the reasonable thing to do. I think you could use some reading on Iran (start here, for instance) to add a bit of color and nuance to your picture - because the black-and-white, us. v. them nonsense isn't really helpful.

I would guess you've followed recent reporting in the "imminent attacks" that were "prevented", and how these lies are falling apart already.
Nothing is black and white, especially in the Middle East. But any country whose leaders chant death to America have some serious growing up to do. Could you imagine if our congress chanted something like that?! As for the other implications of sponsoring terrorist groups, all I have to go off is media reports so Iā€™m not going to pretend to know the truth with all that... but it doesnā€™t sound good

I do agree that the explanation if the ā€œimminent attackā€ has been piss poor by our officials. They canā€™t give a straight answer, so yeah, that smells fishy.
Well, it got those assholes out of our embassy, so mission accomplished

After watching the public reaction to Soleimaniā€™s murder followed by vows of revenge by Iran, we are apparently on the brink of war. At this point it seems obvious that we need to go public with the intel we have showing the imminent attack that was being planned against Americans.

This intel should clearly show the world that Soleimani was a clear and present danger and we had no choice but to go outside of protocol and assassinate him. Do you agree? Thoughts?

Funny how lefties are jumping into defense of Iran, because it might make Trump looks bad.

With them, it seems like history doesn't exist, and they're ignoring event happened not so long ago.

Now Democrats are coming out wondering why Trump is trying to start a war. Really?

$80M bounty on our president. What that tells you about Iran and their regime? If there ever was a rogue state, you're looking at it in Iran, and Norks.

Considering that Democrats are American cancer, he actually did find a cure for it.
Thatā€™s a pretty disgusting thing to say about your fellow Americans. Not very patriotic of you

In what way is my OP defending Iran?!

Iran is full of anti America shitheads who are a threat to our people. Why in the world would you think Iā€™m defending them?

The U.S. is full of anti-Iranian shitheads who are an existential threat to Iran. Of course you would defend Iran, where warranted, at least try to understand what they are doing, and why, because it is the reasonable thing to do. I think you could use some reading on Iran (start here, for instance) to add a bit of color and nuance to your picture - because the black-and-white, us. v. them nonsense isn't really helpful.

I would guess you've followed recent reporting in the "imminent attacks" that were "prevented", and how these lies are falling apart already.
Nothing is black and white, especially in the Middle East. But any country whose leaders chant death to America have some serious growing up to do. Could you imagine if our congress chanted something like that?! As for the other implications of sponsoring terrorist groups, all I have to go off is media reports so Iā€™m not going to pretend to know the truth with all that... but it doesnā€™t sound good

I do agree that the explanation if the ā€œimminent attackā€ has been piss poor by our officials. They canā€™t give a straight answer, so yeah, that smells fishy.
Well, it got those assholes out of our embassy, so mission accomplished
oh was that the mission?! Ok got it.

it may also get escalated attacks and our troops kicked out of Iraq where we were fighting ISIS. But letā€™s buzz off just as Iran wants so they can step in. Brilliant move.

I bet those 4000 troops were just waiting for a Mid East vacation that they now get to take. Awesome!

Oh for pity's sake, Slade. The JCPOA need not be "signed" by the U.S. or Iran because it is not an agreement between the U.S. and Iran. Rather, it was made, via UN Security Council resolution, part of international law. Law the U.S. is currently and flagrantly violating. Rightards never heard it, because they never found that bit of information in their benighted troughs. It pains me to see you apparently haven't heard it, either.
I appreciate the explanation Euro. I have heard of it but didnt want to go down that rabbit hole with these guys. Gotta pick and choose the battles or they will take the discussion off to a journey of tangents. Cheers

He was spewing crap, it was endorsed by the security counsel, it is not part of international law. maobama couldn't even sell it to the commiecrats to make it a treaty.

The Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) is a detailed, 159-page agreement with five annexes reached by Iran and the P5+1 (China France, Germany, Russia, the United Kingdom, and the United States) on July 14, 2015. The nuclear deal was endorsed by UN Security Council Resolution 2231.

The Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) at a Glance | Arms Control Association

it was an agreement with terms that all parties adhered to for years until trump blew it up. Thatā€™s the relevant point

Yeah, that's why so many areas were off limits to inspections. And the agreement didn't even address their sponsorship of terrorist. What a deal. LMAO

thats a weak talking point. All accounts from our intel officials, including trumps team have said that Iran was in compliance. But I guess you prefer the current state of aggression over steps towards diplomacy and cooperation.

It was impossible to objectively verify compliance with all the holes in the inspection regime. And yes, I prefer no deal over a bad deal that for all intents and purposes was unverifiable. And one that didn't address other violations that Iran was involved in, such as organizing their own terrorist militias outside their own country, sponsoring and arming other terrorist groups, and human rights abuses in their own and other countries.

QUOTE="AmeĀ®icano, post: 23813560, member: 11420"]

Considering that Democrats are American cancer, he actually did find a cure for it.[/QUOTE]
giphy.gif

Explain to me how we are not actively at war with Iran already?

The news has been all over how Iran has so much power in an asymmetrical war. The fact is that Iran has been using that power to target and attack the US for years now. They have been in an active war with the US for a long damn time.
Is that right? Which administration declared war with Iran and when did they do it?
None. THEY have been actively engaged in war with us.
it takes two to tango buddy. War involves two sides fighting and there has been no declaration of war with Iran. Thereā€™s been conflict for sure but your misleading by claiming thereā€™s a war with Iran

No, I really am not when they are actively paying and sponsoring terrorist actions against us.

What would you call that?
I would call it that... they are funding groups that we are at war with. Thatā€™s different than being at war with Iran.

So the guy that hired the hit man isn't really guilty of murder, is that your story?

oh, and too fking funny, giving money to a country you're asking to stop trying to produce nuclear weapons, here's 150 billion to comply

diplomatic solutions mean both sides give and get something. We put the breaks on their nuke program in exchange for sanction relief and integration with world markets... building relationships of that sort is the pathway to civilized relations. Do you disagree?

Are you saying Iran is in any way civilized?

Define civilized. Trump admires some curious folks, and the US has always done defense business with despots.

Iran is a theocracy with limited power given to a popular elected repubilican govt. Neocons have dreamed of a popular uprising for decades, but the populace seems to dislike the US more than the worst of their own theocrats.

But you'd ignore that we do deals with worse than Iranians.

Define civilized. Trump admires some curious folks, and the US has always done defense business with despots.

Iran is a theocracy with limited power given to a popular elected repubilican govt. Neocons have dreamed of a popular uprising for decades, but the populace seems to dislike the US more than the worst of their own theocrats.

But you'd ignore that we do deals with worse than Iranians.

Yeah, that's why Iran recently killed more than a thousand of their own people, they just love their theocrats. LMAO

Thought?
You have TDS.
You care more about some misguided, yet another, attempt to "get Trump!!" than the future safety of our own soldiers, intel civilians and military intel officers on the ground.
Your ā€œthinkingā€ is far off base. TDS is the furthest thing from my mind... The troops are the ones Iā€™m thinking about. As 4K are being deployed over seas and our military ramps up for conflict they are exactly why I made the OP. Soleimani appears to be a bad dude. But if killing him provokes a war that leads to American troops being killed when other actions could have been taken then yes, Iā€™m gonna cause a stink about it. Iā€™m still open to accepting the move as a good one but with zero trust in this administration I think they owe the world a good explanation for their actions.
As long as you raised a stink about Obama using drones 573 times, bombed 5 countries and killed an estimated 1,200 civilians.... you can makes this point.
Otherwise... it is TDS
I donā€™t oppose drone strikes and I donā€™t oppose taking out high profile targets as long as it is done in a smart and strategic way to benefit our country. Trumps move may have been a good one but it is too high profile to be done in this secret unilateral way. He needs to work with our congress and our allies when his moves escalate and provoke foreign powers to a point that risks war
Honestly, I never heard of a President going to Congress for approval like that. He is CinC.

Honestly, I never heard of a President going to Congress for approval like that. He is CinC.

When was the last a high profile member of another country's military was taken out in such a manner by the US?

That's the point.
Obama did it 573 times, bombed 5 countries even accidentally a hospital and a wedding.
Pelosi during those 8 years never said a word, not a word.
Hypocrite.

Thatā€™s a pretty disgusting thing to say about your fellow Americans. Not very patriotic of you

Oh, really?

But calling fellow Americans racists, bigots, fascists, Nazis, and deplorable is OK and patriotic.

thats a weak talking point. All accounts from our intel officials, including trumps team have said that Iran was in compliance. But I guess you prefer the current state of aggression over steps towards diplomacy and cooperation.

It was impossible to objectively verify compliance with all the holes in the inspection regime. And yes, I prefer no deal over a bad deal that for all intents and purposes was unverifiable. And one that didn't address other violations that Iran was involved in, such as organizing their own terrorist militias outside their own country, sponsoring and arming other terrorist groups, and human rights abuses in their own and other countries.

it was a step in the right direction towards civility and diplomacy. It wasnā€™t an end all solution. It got our foot in the door and had specific terms that were verified and adhered to.

Is that right? Which administration declared war with Iran and when did they do it?
None. THEY have been actively engaged in war with us.
it takes two to tango buddy. War involves two sides fighting and there has been no declaration of war with Iran. Thereā€™s been conflict for sure but your misleading by claiming thereā€™s a war with Iran

No, I really am not when they are actively paying and sponsoring terrorist actions against us.

What would you call that?
I would call it that... they are funding groups that we are at war with. Thatā€™s different than being at war with Iran.

So the guy that hired the hit man isn't really guilty of murder, is that your story?

Is that what they did? Hire a hit man? Or did they sell him a gun? Or did they sell the gun to the guy who sold the gun to the hit man? Do you know?

When was the last a high profile member of another country's military was taken out in such a manner by the US?

what difference does it make?

A lot actually. It is one thing to take out someone like OBL who was a terrorist and had been hunted by the world for decades. Soleimani was a member of another country's military. If Iran had taken out Gen. McKenzie in the same manner we did to Soleimani, we would have considered it an overt act of war.

And I am not saying that we should not have taken Soleimani out, but so far all we have is the Admin's word that he was a threat...and for some of us that is not really good enough....no matter who is sitting in the White House. Our government has a long history of lying to us.

Iā€™m saying that a civilized relationship is far more desired than an endless war

Forum List

Back