Time to Pull the Plug on EV’s

You should trademark "hydrogen generator" before someone beats you to it.

I should, and you should trademark, "heat powered solar panel".

What temperature does it take to get those solar panel electrons to flow?
Does heat make them work at night too?

The US already gets over 23% of it's electricity from Wind & Solar & it's growth is just getting started. Renewables are already the largest source of electricity in the US behind Nat Gas. Renewables generate many times more than all electric vehicles will ever use.
According to this it was lower.
You claim the grid can handle all cars being electric. Yet we are hearing that there will probably be rolling blackouts this summer. Texas was asking people to increase the temperature of their air conditioners to help the grid from failing. California often shuts off electricity to areas during high winds.
How do you explain that we are not even close to all people having EVs but we are having these problems? Do you not see a problem?

Actually during the Tampa Bay evacuation for Hurricane Charlie, I didn’t see many disabled vehicles.

A gasoline powered car can go a considerable distance on a tank of gas. Plus it only takes a couple of minutes to fill the tank at a gas station and you are good to go for another fairly long period of time.

I have no idea how fast an EV would discharge if stuck in a traffic jam. When you did get to a place to recharge, you would likely have to wait for a few hours to plug in your vehicle and then the amount of time to recharge.

If a major Hurricane was approaching I would not want to be caught recharging my EV or stuck on the side of the road with a dead battery.

Also often in a Hurricane the power often goes out. That can effect gasoline stations too but you can always carry a container of gas in your vehicle.
Here's one story of such a disaster. It turns out that EVs use resistance electric heaters, extremely inefficient and when temperatures were so cold that the battery is already at risk.

Don't get me wrong; I love electric vehicles. I'm pre-reserved (significant deposit) for an electric van I'll do a wheelchair conversion for my wife. For local trips in reasonable weather, it will be cool.

And in spite of some who seem to want to attack me personally for their own dislike of hydrogen, I'm also not the owner of the idea of hydrogen; I just mentioned it as an option.

I didn't expect political or religious fervor about the future of automobiles.

Don't get me wrong; I love electric vehicles. I'm pre-reserved (significant deposit) for an electric van I'll do a wheelchair conversion for my wife. For local trips in reasonable weather, it will be cool.
It sounds cool too. I think EV's have a niche to serve.
And in spite of some who seem to want to attack me personally for their own dislike of hydrogen, I'm also not the owner of the idea of hydrogen; I just mentioned it as an option.
Hydrogen is intriguing for a number of good reasons without having to believe that man is creating a climate crisis.
You shouldn't have been surprised. The polarization of this country is at an all time high and it is pervasive. We are short on manners and long on mistakes.

But why?
It doesn't save energy. Just the opposite.
Give it a fucking rest.

There are people far, far, smarter than you who believe differently than you and are working hard to deal with all of those things you mention and are having huge technological success with it.

If Edison had to deal with people like you, we'd still never have the lightbulb. It just wasn't possible. Electrifying cities and rural communities was far too expensive when we already had candles and coal stoves.

The automobile itself would never have been made. Oh sure, Henry Ford can make a car everyone can afford but how the hell are you going to drive it? Where the hell are you going to get that extremely explosive, dangerous, expensive to produce, gasoline required to run the damn thing - especially when you're in the middle of Kansas?

Why the hell do you think you have to defeat me on hydrogen? I'm not their fucking emissary; I just mentioned it as a viable option. I realize now that you know more than all of those who are working to overcome the obstacles but your fight is with them, not with me.

Just let it fucking go.

Here's one story of such a disaster. It turns out that EVs use resistance electric heaters, extremely inefficient and when temperatures were so cold that the battery is already at risk.

I don't hate hydrogen.
I hate green "solutions" that waste energy and money and don't fix anything.

Give it a fucking rest.

There are people far, far, smarter than you who believe differently than you and are working hard to deal with all of those things you mention and are having huge technological success with it.

If Edison had to deal with people like you, we'd still never have the lightbulb. It just wasn't possible. Electrifying cities and rural communities was far too expensive when we already had candles and coal stoves.

The automobile itself would never have been made. Oh sure, Henry Ford can make a car everyone can afford but how the hell are you going to drive it? Where the hell are you going to get that extremely explosive, dangerous, expensive to produce, gasoline required to run the damn thing - especially when you're in the middle of Kansas?

Why the hell do you think you have to defeat me on hydrogen? I'm not their fucking emissary; I just mentioned it as a viable option. I realize now that you know more than all of those who are working to overcome the obstacles but your fight is with them, not with me.

Just let it fucking go.

If Edison had to deal with people like you, we'd still never have the lightbulb.

Why? Lightbulbs are superior to candles.

Why the hell do you think you have to defeat me on hydrogen?

It has nothing to do with you. I correct other idiots on their hydrogen ignorance all the time.

I just mentioned it as a viable option.

Only if your definition of "viable" is "more expensive and energy wasting".

1656382762495.png

The US already gets over 23% of it's electricity from Wind & Solar & it's growth is just getting started. Renewables are already the largest source of electricity in the US behind Nat Gas. Renewables generate many times more than all electric vehicles will ever use.
But they are shutting down coal and gas power plants faster than renewables are coming up. And, as Texans learned last year, renewables don't work in the storms when you might need them the most.

Renewable energy is an interesting topic. As a person who made his money in the oil and gas industry, I can tell you that we need to be studying renewables. In fact, for 40+ years, oil companies have been invested in, and owned renewable companies.

We don't have all the answers on any renewable topic. They all have pluses and minuses. They all have risks and direct, but invisible to the main-stream-media environmental impact.

I can guarantee you, there's not one person on this thread that that knows all the details of any renewable source we've discussed or about dozens of others that people are investigating. But smart people, here and elsewhere, should be glad that people are researching it. It's exciting scientific and technological stuff. Very cool.

The US already gets over 23% of it's electricity from Wind & Solar & it's growth is just getting started.

More like 12%.

Renewables are already the largest source of electricity in the US behind Nat Gas.

View attachment 663016

Coal produces more than wind and solar.

Nuclear produces more than wind and solar.

You really do yourself and what you think is the right a disservice. Your own chart shows that renewables as a whole outproduce nuclear. And no one doubts that coal out produces renewables.

I'm all for coal and gas power plants. I am 100% against shutting them down. But as a conservative, including an environmental conservative, I like to keep the discussion honest. You're twisting shit out of some crazy religious commitment to an idea you don't even understand.

But they are shutting down coal and gas power plants faster than renewables are coming up. And, as Texans learned last year, renewables don't work in the storms when you might need them the most.

Renewable energy is an interesting topic. As a person who made his money in the oil and gas industry, I can tell you that we need to be studying renewables. In fact, for 40+ years, oil companies have been invested in, and owned renewable companies.

We don't have all the answers on any renewable topic. They all have pluses and minuses. They all have risks and direct, but invisible to the main-stream-media environmental impact.

I can guarantee you, there's not one person on this thread that that knows all the details of any renewable source we've discussed or about dozens of others that people are investigating. But smart people, here and elsewhere, should be glad that people are researching it. It's exciting scientific and technological stuff. Very cool.
Wind and solar have a niche too. Being a reliable base load isn't one of them. They are inherently unreliable. If wind and solar are used to base load the electric grid you can count on having disruptions as changing generating sources is not without issues and delays.

If Edison had to deal with people like you, we'd still never have the lightbulb.

Why? Lightbulbs are superior to candles.

Why the hell do you think you have to defeat me on hydrogen?

It has nothing to do with you. I correct other idiots on their hydrogen ignorance all the time.

I just mentioned it as a viable option.

Only if your definition of "viable" is "more expensive and energy wasting".

You're a fucking idiot.

You really do yourself and what you think is the right a disservice. Your own chart shows that renewables as a whole outproduce nuclear. And no one doubts that coal out produces renewables.

I'm all for coal and gas power plants. I am 100% against shutting them down. But as a conservative, including an environmental conservative, I like to keep the discussion honest. You're twisting shit out of some crazy religious commitment to an idea you don't even understand.

Your own chart shows that renewables as a whole outproduce nuclear.

My source shows that nuclear is larger than wind and solar.

And no one doubts that coal out produces renewables.

Kissmy doubted it.

You're twisting shit out of some crazy religious commitment to an idea you don't even understand.

I understand the negatives of hydrogen, that's why I can mock it.

You're a fucking idiot. Advances in technology and science is always good. You're a caveman unable to understand science and think it's witchcraft.

Science is awesome!
That's why I think that if your religion is reducing CO2 (greens, not you), we should build
dozens of additional nuclear reactors. We don't need more intermittent wind and solar.

Forum List

Back