Time to stop playing military games for political posturing

So we are rattling our sabers over Iran while Trump's love muffin Kim is shooting off actual rockets?

Exactly!

The both of you are way off the mark.. We've never taken an inch of ground for oil... In fact, NOW -- thanks to the private sector DESPITE all the roadblocks from the Dems, we're now pretty much an oil products net exporter.

You Chomskyites are living the 60s... And the Straits of Hormuz are one of the most vital shipping lanes in the world. You'd let a bunch of pirates with a "death to America" govt just shut it down anytime they get pissed at the world.. Which is MOST days of the week...

Of course since Iran intends on getting nukes, they could EASILY bankrupt the Sunni oil states by closing that chokepoint any time they wanted. And then we could watch them turn the Mid East into a toxic waste dump that would cause the Earth to die 6 years earlier than AOC has declared it will...

We are not in the Middle East because we like their food, it is all about the oil. Oil is the only reason the straits are of any importance at all...

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

While I agree with you, the fact remains that nobody in the string he responded to mentioned oil until he did.

Ummm. How else will we fend off an invasion from Iran !?
it seems your loyalties are tied to Iran.

My loyalties are to America and it’s military. I don’t want them thrown into pointless wars that have nothing to do with defending our country .

Iran poses no threat to us .

Ummm. How else will we fend off an invasion from Iran !?
it seems your loyalties are tied to Iran.

My loyalties are to America and it’s military. I don’t want them thrown into pointless wars that have nothing to do with defending our country .

Iran poses no threat to us .
you're a little late to have that position. Pointless wars is all we fight? ever hear of Vietnam? North Korea?

We have no secretary of defense, we are at war with 3 country's, and working towards conflict with Venezuela &Iran. day in & day out petty political conflicts. no one is keeping there eye on the ball.

We have no secretary of defense, we are at war with 3 country's, and working towards conflict with Venezuela &Iran. day in & day out petty political conflicts. no one is keeping there eye on the ball.
giphy.gif

Its war asshole, not diplomacy.
There is no war, asshole, but the US is involved in diplomacy with Iran and Iran is threatening war against the US and its allies.
No, asshole, there is no involvement in diplomacy with Iran. Only naked aggression is involved and the US is using it to drive Iran to its knees.
There is no war and it is all diplomacy. You apparently only like diplomacy that involves the US falling to its knees as Obama did in dealing with Iran. Were you not so anti American you would see that the President is trying to repair to non proliferation protocols that Obama destroyed.

The deal Obama and (6 OTHER FUCKING NATIONS) brokered with Iran was far more substantive and binding than the deal Trump brokered with North Korea..oh wait! There is no deal with North Korea.
NK offered Trump the same deal they gave to Clinton and Clinton ended up financing NK's nuclear research, but Trump realized the offer was no good and rejected it. If only Obama would have had the integrity and balls to have rejected the nuclear deal Iran offered him, the issue of a nuclear Iran would have been settled years ago.
So what exactly was Trump taking credit for when he made these adorable coins for him and his boy toy??

_101739694_mediaitem101739693.jpg

The constant delusions you folks have to tell yourselves in order to justify carrying water for Trump are the same delusions you folks told yourselves in order to justify carrying water for Bush -- the fact you don't see that is comical to me

So we are rattling our sabers over Iran while Trump's love muffin Kim is shooting off actual rockets?

Exactly!

The both of you are way off the mark.. We've never taken an inch of ground for oil... In fact, NOW -- thanks to the private sector DESPITE all the roadblocks from the Dems, we're now pretty much an oil products net exporter.

You Chomskyites are living the 60s... And the Straits of Hormuz are one of the most vital shipping lanes in the world. You'd let a bunch of pirates with a "death to America" govt just shut it down anytime they get pissed at the world.. Which is MOST days of the week...

Of course since Iran intends on getting nukes, they could EASILY bankrupt the Sunni oil states by closing that chokepoint any time they wanted. And then we could watch them turn the Mid East into a toxic waste dump that would cause the Earth to die 6 years earlier than AOC has declared it will...

We are not in the Middle East because we like their food, it is all about the oil. Oil is the only reason the straits are of any importance at all...

What oil have we taken from the MidEast? We secured Kuwait from Sadaam Hussein.. Did we get a deal on oil?

We lost soldiers and a $trill in Iraq over 16 years.. Didn't even get the bulk of the oil contracts...

Petrofac secures training solutions contracts in Oman, UAE and Iraq

Iraq awards gas recovery contract to China's CPECC

Israel has no oil to speak of.. We created hell hole vacuums in Libya, Iraq, Somalia.. No oil from there.
If this is "a thing" -- it's a shitty execution of "stealing oil"...

This is just the easier explanation for our chronic stupidity in the MidEast.. The REAL answer is -- we never learn that this area HAS TO BE GOVERNED by fairly ruthless and all powerful dictators. And for many decades and many presidents, they STUPIDLY and STUBBORNLY pursued variations of "Arab Spring" or "Arab Democracy"..

This history is a failure of Imperialism or oil stealing.. It was done on hubris and arrogance about CHANGING the nature of the region so that WE would not have to deal with or pander to dictators to keep those states from falling under Russian or Chinese influence..

Exactly!

What oil have we taken from the MidEast? We secured Kuwait from Sadaam Hussein.. Did we get a deal on oil?

We lost soldiers and a $trill in Iraq over 16 years.. Didn't even get the bulk of the oil contracts...

Petrofac secures training solutions contracts in Oman, UAE and Iraq

Iraq awards gas recovery contract to China's CPECC

Israel has no oil to speak of.. We created hell hole vacuums in Libya, Iraq, Somalia.. No oil from there.
If this is "a thing" -- it's a shitty execution of "stealing oil"...

This is just the easier explanation for our chronic stupidity in the MidEast.. The REAL answer is -- we never learn that this area HAS TO BE GOVERNED by fairly ruthless and all powerful dictators. And for many decades and many presidents, they STUPIDLY and STUBBORNLY pursued variations of "Arab Spring" or "Arab Democracy"..

This history is a failure of Imperialism or oil stealing.. It was done on hubris and arrogance about CHANGING the nature of the region so that WE would not have to deal with or pander to dictators to keep those states from falling under Russian or Chinese influence..

I never said we wanted to "take" their oil, I said we wanted greater control. And nothing you have posted challenges that idea

Forum List

Back