Tired of not-winning? ... Average Tax Refunds Down 8.4 Percent As Angry Taxpayers Vent On Twitter

ā€œTrump boasted that the new code would be so simplified that people could file their taxes on a postcard, thatā€™s not the case.

In addition, the changes complicated payroll withholding, so that not enough money was withheld by employers in many cases, meaning that people now owe more taxes. The new law also capped IRS deductions for paid state and local taxes, including real estate taxes, resulting in a nasty surprise for many filers. Several other deductions are no longer allowed.ā€ ibid

So the Trump/GOP tax scam is in fact just that: a scam, where the process is more difficult and citizens are paying more in taxes.

Various states said they would pass tax laws to remove the federal tax benefit. They did. This is the result.

Haha...negative. I ā€œplainly statedā€ that Iā€™m not stupid enough to believe that Iā€™m smarter than SOME working within government...I ā€œplainly statedā€ that Iā€™m not stupid enough to believe that I always know whatā€™s best for American economics. Get ahold of yourself bud...go tell your wife how youā€™re always surrounded by dumbasses.

No matter how you spin it, you are ok with the government using the tax code to influence our behavior because "smart people" made those laws.

you cannot walk that one back.

oh, and she likes to read over my shoulder when she walks by and laughs her ass off at the morons on here.

Haha...thatā€™s your story...Iā€™ll let you tell it.
So the wifey is a megalomaniac as well?

not at all, she just happens to have a brain and common sense. Two things you lack.

Haha...thatā€™s exactly what all ā€˜known-it-allsā€™ would say...agin, so predictable.

You really seem to be envious of my intelligence. Do not feel bad, God made everyone different.

In the immortal words of Judge Smails: "...the world needs ditch diggers too".

Haha...Iā€™m simply facinated by your faux confidence and self manipulation. I think itā€™s kinda cool.
Remember though, this ā€œditch diggerā€ could buy you and your wife a few times over...I guarantee it.
(Cue the Internet millionaire shit)

The feces has hit the fan at tax refund time as low and middle-class Americans are finding that Trump has his hand in their pocket and has stolen money from their refunds.

You bunch of dumb asses, the withholding tables were revised this year so that the government doesn't withhold more than it should from people's checks, hence refunds are lower due to less taxes withheld.

Haha...Iā€™m simply facinated by your faux confidence and self manipulation. I think itā€™s kinda cool.
Remember though, this ā€œditch diggerā€ could buy you and your wife a few times over...I guarantee it.

Yeah, you tried that line before and ran away like a little tiny baby dog.

Remember when you claimed your taxes were 5 times what we make in a year?

I schooled you and you ran like the fucking pussy that you are.

The low and middle class don't pay enough as it is.They use more of the government services.Raise their taxes.
As a counterpoint, you can argue that that those with the most money have/do benefit the most from government services.

For example: lets use Jeff Bezos. Without the use of the internet, partly developed by government; and public roads, provided by govt,; and safe and organized airspace, provided by govt,; etc. Would he have been able to create such a wildly successful company? Shouldn't he pay more taxes because he has benefited more from government services and infrastructure?

The feces has hit the fan at tax refund time as low and middle-class Americans are finding that Trump has his hand in their pocket and has stolen money from their refunds.

The wealthy are still doing just fine. The lies about the Trump tax cuts is now exposed that the low and middle class are financing the tax cuts for the wealthy people and corporations.

Donald Trump won't be able to spin his way out of the tax cut lie.

Average Tax Refunds Down 8.4 Percent As Angry Taxpayers Vent On Twitter | HuffPost

Average Tax Refunds Down 8.4 Percent As Angry Taxpayers Vent On Twitter
Many workers who had always gotten a refund find out they now owe the IRS.
headshot
By Mary Papenfuss

Average tax refunds were down last week 8.4 percent for the first week of the tax season over the same time last year, according to the Internal Revenue Service. Dipping refunds are inflaming a growing army of taxpayers stunned by the consequences of the Trump administrationā€™s tax law ā€” and the effects of the partial government shutdown.

The average refund check paid out so far has been $1,865, down from $2,035 at the same point in 2018, according to IRS data. Low-income taxpayers often file early to pocket the money as soon as possible. Many taxpayers count on the refunds to make important payments, or spend the money on things like home repairs, a vacation or a car.

The IRS had estimated it would issue about 2.3 percent fewer refunds this year as a result of the changes in the federal tax law, according to Bloomberg. MSNBC reports that 30 million Americans will owe the IRS money this year ā€” 3 million more than before Trumpā€™s tax law.

ā€œThere are going to be a lot of unhappy people over the next month,ā€ Edward Karl of the American Institute of CPAs told Politico. ā€œTaxpayers want a large refund.ā€ Some 71 percent of taxpayers received refunds last year worth about $3,000 on average, according to Karl.

Scads of taxpayers are complaining on Twitter that they have always received a refund ā€” but now owe the IRS instead. ...

All those evil rich folks who pay your way took a big hit on their mortgage interest deduction values...The bottom feeding degenerates should be happy...no?

Here is the idiocy of the Republican voter. I'm not rich but I'm gonne be someday so give those freeloaders all the tax cuts they want. Except that 99% of you fools will NEVER be rich, so you work all of YOUR life to line the pockets of the rich. No wonder Republicans treat their voters like such gullible fools. It's because they really are just that stupid.

Actually I donā€™t remember that at all...I remember you telling us you and your wife earned a whopping $170k per year together. You could almost cover my annual expense to my gardeners at two properties with that.

The wealthy are still doing just fine. The lies about the Trump tax cuts is now exposed that the low and middle class are financing the tax cuts for the wealthy people and corporations.

Average Tax Refunds Down 8.4 Percent As Angry Taxpayers Vent On Twitter | HuffPost

headshot
By Mary Papenfuss

Average tax refunds were down last week 8.4 percent for the first week of the tax season over the same time last year, according to the Internal Revenue Service. Dipping refunds are inflaming a growing army of taxpayers stunned by the consequences of the Trump administrationā€™s tax law ā€” and the effects of the partial government shutdown.

The average refund check paid out so far has been $1,865, down from $2,035 at the same point in 2018, according to IRS data. Low-income taxpayers often file early to pocket the money as soon as possible. Many taxpayers count on the refunds to make important payments, or spend the money on things like home repairs, a vacation or a car.

The IRS had estimated it would issue about 2.3 percent fewer refunds this year as a result of the changes in the federal tax law, according to Bloomberg. MSNBC reports that 30 million Americans will owe the IRS money this year ā€” 3 million more than before Trumpā€™s tax law.

ā€œThere are going to be a lot of unhappy people over the next month,ā€ Edward Karl of the American Institute of CPAs told Politico. ā€œTaxpayers want a large refund.ā€ Some 71 percent of taxpayers received refunds last year worth about $3,000 on average, according to Karl.

Scads of taxpayers are complaining on Twitter that they have always received a refund ā€” but now owe the IRS instead. ...

All those evil rich folks who pay your way took a big hit on their mortgage interest deduction values...The bottom feeding degenerates should be happy...no?

Here is the idiocy of the Republican voter. I'm not rich but I'm gonne be someday so give those freeloaders all the tax cuts they want. Except that 99% of you fools will NEVER be rich, so you work all of YOUR life to line the pockets of the rich. No wonder Republicans treat their voters like such gullible fools. It's because they really are just that stupid.
Fucking idiot

Actually I donā€™t remember that at all...I remember you telling us you and your wife earned a whopping $170k per year together. You could almost cover my annual expense to my gardeners at two properties with that.

It is good to have fantasies to help you through those long days dropping fries.

headshot
By Mary Papenfuss

Negative...you have it all wrong.
See, a poor Republican will admit that it is his own fault that he is poor whereas a Democrat will tell you itā€™s my fault that heā€™s poor.
A poor Republican doesnā€™t think itā€™s right to steal from others to cover his bad decisions whereas a filthy Democrat firmly believes it is my duty and obligation to pay for their mistakes.

Liberals are now complaining that taxes were not cut enough.

Most miserable pieces of ignorant hypocritical shit on earth.

I noticed in my paycheck that the federal tax being taken out was extremely low, so I don't expect a high tax rebate.

The LefTarded have created their own arithmetic. They canā€™t/donā€™t/wonā€™t understand basic mathematics.

Trump is not the problem. he is just the symptom of a rigged system that props up rich folks and kicks dirt on poor folks. President Pocohantas will not tinker around the edges, a regulation here, a tax credit there, she will provide HUGE STRUCTURAL CHANGE!

What they're saying is that tax refunds are lower, but that's what happens when you pay lower taxes, you get a lower refund at the end of the year.

So really, the article is trying to fool people.

Lol, whaaaa whaaaa is what you do daily. Get over it, Trump is your president.

Incorrect. I have never posted inaccurate or misleading information here. I check my sources first.

Every time.

And yes, Trump is our president. How odd that you weirdo's use that fact as a kind of stick in the eye. Even you know its weird to have a fucknut like him in charge.
DlJWtPqU8AATLSn.jpg
View attachment 244959

Mueller is coming, Mueller is coming. I bet you want to have trump for president for life. Well so does Trump because Maryland and New York State want him for life as well but for a different reason. Let's help him along. Mueller is coming, Mueller is coming.
Not really, just till 2024 Trump will be your president. Then Pence can make you pee yourself for another 8 years.

LOL, Trump will be lucky to make it the next two years. And Pence is mighty quiet these days. Ever wonder why?

headshot
By Mary Papenfuss

How did our wealthy friends make out?

Forum List

Back