Tired of not-winning? ... Average Tax Refunds Down 8.4 Percent As Angry Taxpayers Vent On Twitter

The feces has hit the fan at tax refund time as low and middle-class Americans are finding that Trump has his hand in their pocket and has stolen money from their refunds.

The wealthy are still doing just fine. The lies about the Trump tax cuts is now exposed that the low and middle class are financing the tax cuts for the wealthy people and corporations.

Donald Trump won't be able to spin his way out of the tax cut lie.

Average Tax Refunds Down 8.4 Percent As Angry Taxpayers Vent On Twitter | HuffPost

Average Tax Refunds Down 8.4 Percent As Angry Taxpayers Vent On Twitter
Many workers who had always gotten a refund find out they now owe the IRS.
headshot
By Mary Papenfuss

Average tax refunds were down last week 8.4 percent for the first week of the tax season over the same time last year, according to the Internal Revenue Service. Dipping refunds are inflaming a growing army of taxpayers stunned by the consequences of the Trump administration’s tax law — and the effects of the partial government shutdown.

The average refund check paid out so far has been $1,865, down from $2,035 at the same point in 2018, according to IRS data. Low-income taxpayers often file early to pocket the money as soon as possible. Many taxpayers count on the refunds to make important payments, or spend the money on things like home repairs, a vacation or a car.

The IRS had estimated it would issue about 2.3 percent fewer refunds this year as a result of the changes in the federal tax law, according to Bloomberg. MSNBC reports that 30 million Americans will owe the IRS money this year — 3 million more than before Trump’s tax law.

“There are going to be a lot of unhappy people over the next month,” Edward Karl of the American Institute of CPAs told Politico. “Taxpayers want a large refund.” Some 71 percent of taxpayers received refunds last year worth about $3,000 on average, according to Karl.

Scads of taxpayers are complaining on Twitter that they have always received a refund — but now owe the IRS instead. ...
This thread is a good example of how to massage stats for human parrots to regurgitate. Your refund with the new tax bill, is dependent on tax policies of your state. Some states have harsh taxes. States like NY. A tax refund is the government REFUNDING money that they already took in taxes. Shouldn’t the blame fall on the states taxing the bejeezus out of their citizens? Especially considering states like Texas are kicking ass without a state tax. Also consider that there’s probably plenty of citizens out there reaping more benefits of tax cuts than that lost in the money returned in their refund that’s minimal. And let’s not forget about all the citizens in states reaping the benefits of the tax cut where they aren’t getting the bejeezus taxed out of them.

A lot more variables here than just orange man bad.

Incorrect. I have never posted inaccurate or misleading information here. I check my sources first.

Every time.

And yes, Trump is our president. How odd that you weirdo's use that fact as a kind of stick in the eye. Even you know its weird to have a fucknut like him in charge.
DlJWtPqU8AATLSn.jpg
View attachment 244959

Mueller is coming, Mueller is coming. I bet you want to have trump for president for life. Well so does Trump because Maryland and New York State want him for life as well but for a different reason. Let's help him along. Mueller is coming, Mueller is coming.
Not really, just till 2024 Trump will be your president. Then Pence can make you pee yourself for another 8 years.

LOL, Trump will be lucky to make it the next two years. And Pence is mighty quiet these days. Ever wonder why?
Trump was gonna lose in a landslide too.

The feces has hit the fan at tax refund time as low and middle-class Americans are finding that Trump has his hand in their pocket and has stolen money from their refunds.

The wealthy are still doing just fine. The lies about the Trump tax cuts is now exposed that the low and middle class are financing the tax cuts for the wealthy people and corporations.

Average Tax Refunds Down 8.4 Percent As Angry Taxpayers Vent On Twitter | HuffPost

headshot
By Mary Papenfuss

Average tax refunds were down last week 8.4 percent for the first week of the tax season over the same time last year, according to the Internal Revenue Service. Dipping refunds are inflaming a growing army of taxpayers stunned by the consequences of the Trump administration’s tax law — and the effects of the partial government shutdown.

The average refund check paid out so far has been $1,865, down from $2,035 at the same point in 2018, according to IRS data. Low-income taxpayers often file early to pocket the money as soon as possible. Many taxpayers count on the refunds to make important payments, or spend the money on things like home repairs, a vacation or a car.

The IRS had estimated it would issue about 2.3 percent fewer refunds this year as a result of the changes in the federal tax law, according to Bloomberg. MSNBC reports that 30 million Americans will owe the IRS money this year — 3 million more than before Trump’s tax law.

“There are going to be a lot of unhappy people over the next month,” Edward Karl of the American Institute of CPAs told Politico. “Taxpayers want a large refund.” Some 71 percent of taxpayers received refunds last year worth about $3,000 on average, according to Karl.

Scads of taxpayers are complaining on Twitter that they have always received a refund — but now owe the IRS instead. ...

The Left never ceases in its quest for class Warfare. This article says it all. It’s very irresponsible in its analysis. It should point out that Americans are keeping more of their regular paychecks, hence, Patrick no lower taxes; in particular, the Middle Class. The Poor do not pay taxes. Why should the Poor get a refund on something they did not pay?

I owe the IRS and feel that the amount is close to zero on the negative side vs. an egregiously large refund coming due to me on the positive side which means I would have given the Government an interest-free loan over the course of a year.

the "poor" as you call them pay property tax, sales tax, gas tax, tobacco tax etc etc etc, so your RW talking point is moot.

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Pathetic deflection. Stupid lefties. The topic is federal income tax. Try to pay attention asshole.

Trump needs the missing taxpayer refund money to bolster his wealth which is sagging like his ass and jowls.

Liberals are now complaining that taxes were not cut enough.

Most miserable pieces of ignorant hypocritical shit on earth.
Sheldon Adelson made $670 million off of the tax cut. Was that enough or too much.
Sounds good to me... When I have my first billion and have dividends coming in around $100,000,000 a year, I will gladly pay 5 to 11% taxes on it. Shame dumbasses like you, dont take the risk of stocks which have a very good reward. But then you probably want AOC to win, then she would take all your money anyway, so you can stay fucking poor and worthless..

My tax rate this year was -10.64% last year it was -15.8% So taxes did go up, not down...
The GOP yet again played a scam on the voters and repubs in Congress and the executive branch will realize it in 2020.

10.64 is less than 15.8 How are you calculating this?

Mark

Sheldon Adelson made $670 million off of the tax cut. Was that enough or too much.
Sounds good to me... When I have my first billion and have dividends coming in around $100,000,000 a year, I will gladly pay 5 to 11% taxes on it. Shame dumbasses like you, dont take the risk of stocks which have a very good reward. But then you probably want AOC to win, then she would take all your money anyway, so you can stay fucking poor and worthless..
I see youre still waiting.
rjhd0ecngg021.png

Trump needs the missing taxpayer refund money to bolster his wealth which is sagging like his ass and jowls.

If you ever got a refund of more than a couple of hundred dollars, you're paying way too much in withholding.

That is true however some people use withholding as a way of saving money until they get their refund. The new withholding tables were put in place without the consent of taxpayers.

The funny thing about this is, liberals and the media have been consistenly bashing Trump 24/7 for over two years and Trump's approval rating is higher than Obama's was at the same time in their presidency. Trump is the man!

No it isn't.
Trump 48%
Obama 46%
If Obama was treated the same as Trump, he would've resigned in his first year.

Trump 40% right after the speech but dropped back to 37% shortly after.

If you ever got a refund of more than a couple of hundred dollars, you're paying way too much in withholding.

That is true however some people use withholding as a way of saving money until they get their refund. The new withholding tables were put in place without the consent of taxpayers.

Sorry dipstick, you can request more be withheld. What you're really saying is most people are too ignorant to manage their own affairs.

headshot
By Mary Papenfuss

Of course the refunds are down. In the Trump economy everyone is earning yuge amounts of money. Such is the nature of winning.

I see youre still waiting.
rjhd0ecngg021.png
Bwaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaa...I am retired making over $400,000 in dividend income...You may be waiting for a social security check or EBT, but you deserve it also..

Leftist propaganda is pathetic. They recieved more than that during the year in the increased paychecks. What sort of tard wants the government to hold their money with no interest?

Sadly, most people do. 80% of the country on average receives a refund on their taxes. Most people do not know how much they are paying, they base it all on the size of their refund, they actually brag about how big of a refund they get.

This is not limited to a single party, to pretend it is just shows your own bias.

I think that many people like to believe they are some kind of master tax ninja working the system. They get a big refund and they think it proves that they are real experts.

I noticed in my paycheck that the federal tax being taken out was extremely low, so I don't expect a high tax rebate.

My wife looked at my paycheck from two weeks ago and said my employer wasn't withholding enough taxes because my paycheck was much larger. That was before I told her that the actual figure they were withholding and she was shocked. That was also about the same time we did our taxes and realized a refund for the first time in about 25 years and because of my finances, was 4 figures this past year. That refund was due to a higher mandatory withholding on some of my retirement funds, and I told her we would probably never see that kind of refund ever again.

Forum List

Back