Tired of not-winning? ... Average Tax Refunds Down 8.4 Percent As Angry Taxpayers Vent On Twitter

Liberals are now complaining that taxes were not cut enough.

Most miserable pieces of ignorant hypocritical shit on earth.
Sheldon Adelson made $670 million off of the tax cut. Was that enough or too much.
Sounds good to me... When I have my first billion and have dividends coming in around $100,000,000 a year, I will gladly pay 5 to 11% taxes on it. Shame dumbasses like you, dont take the risk of stocks which have a very good reward. But then you probably want AOC to win, then she would take all your money anyway, so you can stay fucking poor and worthless..
I see youre still waiting.
rjhd0ecngg021.png
Bwaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaa...I am retired making over $400,000 in dividend income...You may be waiting for a social security check or EBT, but you deserve it also..
I am retired making over $400,000

Which means the tax cuts were DESIGNED for you

My tax rate this year was -10.64% last year it was -15.8% So taxes did go up, not down...
The GOP yet again played a scam on the voters and repubs in Congress and the executive branch will realize it in 2020.

10.64 is less than 15.8 How are you calculating this?

Mark
With a negative integer

Neither of those numbers in your post are integers, dumbass!

Tell us another lie!

The feces has hit the fan at tax refund time as low and middle-class Americans are finding that Trump has his hand in their pocket and has stolen money from their refunds.

The wealthy are still doing just fine. The lies about the Trump tax cuts is now exposed that the low and middle class are financing the tax cuts for the wealthy people and corporations.

Donald Trump won't be able to spin his way out of the tax cut lie.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...witter-complaints_us_5c5e4576e4b0eec79b2379e4

Average Tax Refunds Down 8.4 Percent As Angry Taxpayers Vent On Twitter
Many workers who had always gotten a refund find out they now owe the IRS.
headshot
By Mary Papenfuss

Average tax refunds were down last week 8.4 percent for the first week of the tax season over the same time last year, according to the Internal Revenue Service. Dipping refunds are inflaming a growing army of taxpayers stunned by the consequences of the Trump administration’s tax law — and the effects of the partial government shutdown.

The average refund check paid out so far has been $1,865, down from $2,035 at the same point in 2018, according to IRS data. Low-income taxpayers often file early to pocket the money as soon as possible. Many taxpayers count on the refunds to make important payments, or spend the money on things like home repairs, a vacation or a car.

The IRS had estimated it would issue about 2.3 percent fewer refunds this year as a result of the changes in the federal tax law, according to Bloomberg. MSNBC reports that 30 million Americans will owe the IRS money this year — 3 million more than before Trump’s tax law.

“There are going to be a lot of unhappy people over the next month,” Edward Karl of the American Institute of CPAs told Politico. “Taxpayers want a large refund.” Some 71 percent of taxpayers received refunds last year worth about $3,000 on average, according to Karl.

Scads of taxpayers are complaining on Twitter that they have always received a refund — but now owe the IRS instead. ...

The size of refunds is not particularly telling on its own. People's overall tax liability is the real question. But, there is some hypotheses that could begin to form here.

One common method of maximizing tax returns is for people to claim fewer dependents on their W4 then then will claim when filing their tax return. So the reduction in refunds could indicate that dependent children don't reduce your tax burden as much as previously.

Another scenario that comes to mind is Paul Ryan's infamous Poe's Law moment when he retweeted a constituent's complaint about her paycheck only increased 25 cents, mistaking her sarcasm as a genuine 'thank you.' A pattern of having a combination of trivial withholding reductions and substantive refund reductions would suggest a higher overall tax burden for the middle class. However, seeing as everyone's tax situation is different this would be speculation at best.

Because the new tax bill was released in Dec 2017, there was little information on how much people should deduct. Deductions were reduced and home owners exemptions were eliminated
Most people just kept the deductions they had before

This year, they will be able to adjust

My tax rate this year was -10.64% last year it was -15.8% So taxes did go up, not down...
The GOP yet again played a scam on the voters and repubs in Congress and the executive branch will realize it in 2020.

Mark
With a negative integer

Tell us another lie!
You smell of roses. If the fellow can’t figure out which negative is the larger why not a red herring. Asshat

Mark
With a negative integer

Tell us another lie!
You smell of roses. If the fellow can’t figure out which negative is the larger why not a red herring. Asshat

It is called absolute value. My God man, did you ever take Algebra in school? If you did, you should know that integers do not have decimals!

Sheldon Adelson made $670 million off of the tax cut. Was that enough or too much.
Sounds good to me... When I have my first billion and have dividends coming in around $100,000,000 a year, I will gladly pay 5 to 11% taxes on it. Shame dumbasses like you, dont take the risk of stocks which have a very good reward. But then you probably want AOC to win, then she would take all your money anyway, so you can stay fucking poor and worthless..
rjhd0ecngg021.png
Bwaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaa...I am retired making over $400,000 in dividend income...You may be waiting for a social security check or EBT, but you deserve it also..

oh look, another internet millionaire! It is amazing how many of them we have on this forum.

People who have already received their tax returns have simple returns indicating they are most likely lower income. If you already pay very little in taxes why would you think you would get a big refund?
Looks like even THEY are getting LESS money back.
/—-/ I get less back because I have the proper amount withheld. I don’t want to give the Gubmint an interest free loan, why do you?

Because the new tax bill was released in Dec 2017, there was little information on how much people should deduct. Deductions were reduced and home owners exemptions were eliminated
Most people just kept the deductions they had before

This year, they will be able to adjust
Don't you get it? Homes used to be a place to live in and the price was stable or even dropped. Then they became investments as we got home deductions. Excess Fiat money has got to go somewhere.

Trump needs the missing taxpayer refund money to bolster his wealth which is sagging like his ass and jowls.
Apparently, you enjoy embarrassing yourself.

That's funny, coming from a Trump supporter. Everything you voted for is a lie.

The tax cuts are shit, there's no great job waiting for you, coal is not coming back, the Koreans have doubled their nuclear capacity, and there will be no wall.

Trump needs the missing taxpayer refund money to bolster his wealth which is sagging like his ass and jowls.

The tax cuts are shit, there's no great job waiting for you, coal is not coming back, the Koreans have doubled their nuclear capacity, and there will be no wall.
At least a wall paid for by Mexico and no healthcare plan....

Mark
With a negative integer

Tell us another lie!

It is called absolute value. My God man, did you ever take Algebra in school? If you did, you should know that integers do not have decimals!
You evidently check your asshole regularly to make sure it isn't making any jokes.

rjhd0ecngg021.png

oh look, another internet millionaire! It is amazing how many of them we have on this forum.
He claimed at one time to be a billionaire...Yet hangs out on USMB to brag..

I got a nice refund, I got a new job at twice the salary and was promoted twice in 2018, coal is coming back because we are selling it to China, the North Koreans have firecrackers, and the wall is being built.

Why do you lie?

rjhd0ecngg021.png

He claimed at one time to be a billionaire...Yet hangs out on USMB to brag..

damn, he will be mad at me then for underestimating his wealth. :21::21:

I'm not a Trumpster, bird brain....I didn't even vote at all.....And the entire premise of this idiotic thread should embarrass the fuck out of the idiot OP.....Whether anyone got a bigger refund this year compared to last, has zero indication as to one's total tax bill.

I'm not a Trumpster, bird brain....I didn't even vote at all......

:21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21:

not voting does not stop you from being a Trumpian

Forum List

Back