Tired of not-winning? ... Average Tax Refunds Down 8.4 Percent As Angry Taxpayers Vent On Twitter

The feces has hit the fan at tax refund time as low and middle-class Americans are finding that Trump has his hand in their pocket and has stolen money from their refunds.

The wealthy are still doing just fine. The lies about the Trump tax cuts is now exposed that the low and middle class are financing the tax cuts for the wealthy people and corporations.

Donald Trump won't be able to spin his way out of the tax cut lie.

Average Tax Refunds Down 8.4 Percent As Angry Taxpayers Vent On Twitter | HuffPost

Average Tax Refunds Down 8.4 Percent As Angry Taxpayers Vent On Twitter
Many workers who had always gotten a refund find out they now owe the IRS.
headshot
By Mary Papenfuss

Average tax refunds were down last week 8.4 percent for the first week of the tax season over the same time last year, according to the Internal Revenue Service. Dipping refunds are inflaming a growing army of taxpayers stunned by the consequences of the Trump administration’s tax law — and the effects of the partial government shutdown.

The average refund check paid out so far has been $1,865, down from $2,035 at the same point in 2018, according to IRS data. Low-income taxpayers often file early to pocket the money as soon as possible. Many taxpayers count on the refunds to make important payments, or spend the money on things like home repairs, a vacation or a car.

The IRS had estimated it would issue about 2.3 percent fewer refunds this year as a result of the changes in the federal tax law, according to Bloomberg. MSNBC reports that 30 million Americans will owe the IRS money this year — 3 million more than before Trump’s tax law.

“There are going to be a lot of unhappy people over the next month,” Edward Karl of the American Institute of CPAs told Politico. “Taxpayers want a large refund.” Some 71 percent of taxpayers received refunds last year worth about $3,000 on average, according to Karl.

Scads of taxpayers are complaining on Twitter that they have always received a refund — but now owe the IRS instead. ...
You do realize that when you pay in less taxes from income, there is less taxes that you get back? Only the retarded liberals would make a point, because most of them dont work in the first place...I only get back about $100 for the year, because I barely put any overage because why should I loan the government "MY MONEY" so they can use if for the year, then give it back without paying any interest? Only dumbasses allow the government to abuse them..

What’s retarded are the trump chumps who actually think they can still convince anyone but themselves that trickledown economics work after being proven a failure.

What’s even more retarded is how they whine an cry when their trickledown economics are taken away from them.

Get ready for some whining and crying everyone.

We have the lowest unemployment rates in history and a growing economy as a direct result of the policies that you oppose.

I was somewhat disappointed that the tax changes did not benefit me personally, but I guess I am one of the evil rich that must be punished. To claim that upper middle income people got a tax break is a blatant lie.

We agree on that, but how do we turn it back? the answer is we can't, so we need to limit it and remove the libs from congress at every opportunity.

Liberalism is a real danger, but a much bigger danger is electing muslims to congress. Muslims put religion over country, they cannot truthfully swear an oath of loyalty to the country because their religion prohibits that.
You say we can't do that, so you just give in.....Nice case of Stockholm syndrome you have there.

I asked you HOW we reverse those policies, and you attack me. quite juvenile

Leftist propaganda is pathetic. They recieved more than that during the year in the increased paychecks. What sort of tard wants the government to hold their money with no interest?
A lot of people are that stupid. My next door neighbor brags about getting his $3000 "refund". Broke the rest of the year. I just shake my head.

We agree on that, but how do we turn it back? the answer is we can't, so we need to limit it and remove the libs from congress at every opportunity.

Liberalism is a real danger, but a much bigger danger is electing muslims to congress. Muslims put religion over country, they cannot truthfully swear an oath of loyalty to the country because their religion prohibits that.
You say we can't do that, so you just give in.....Nice case of Stockholm syndrome you have there.

I asked you HOW we reverse those policies, and you attack me. quite juvenile
If your only answer is "vote them out of office", then you have no answer....You've bought into the system that has kept you enslaved for over a century, so the Stockholm syndrome comment is accurate and apropos.

My tax rate this year was -10.64% last year it was -15.8% So taxes did go up, not down...
The GOP yet again played a scam on the voters and repubs in Congress and the executive branch will realize it in 2020.

10.64 is less than 15.8 How are you calculating this?

Mark
With a negative integer

Can you give me an example, using your figures, of what your taxes looked like?

Mark

The feces has hit the fan at tax refund time as low and middle-class Americans are finding that Trump has his hand in their pocket and has stolen money from their refunds.

The wealthy are still doing just fine. The lies about the Trump tax cuts is now exposed that the low and middle class are financing the tax cuts for the wealthy people and corporations.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...witter-complaints_us_5c5e4576e4b0eec79b2379e4

headshot
By Mary Papenfuss

Average tax refunds were down last week 8.4 percent for the first week of the tax season over the same time last year, according to the Internal Revenue Service. Dipping refunds are inflaming a growing army of taxpayers stunned by the consequences of the Trump administration’s tax law — and the effects of the partial government shutdown.

The average refund check paid out so far has been $1,865, down from $2,035 at the same point in 2018, according to IRS data. Low-income taxpayers often file early to pocket the money as soon as possible. Many taxpayers count on the refunds to make important payments, or spend the money on things like home repairs, a vacation or a car.

The IRS had estimated it would issue about 2.3 percent fewer refunds this year as a result of the changes in the federal tax law, according to Bloomberg. MSNBC reports that 30 million Americans will owe the IRS money this year — 3 million more than before Trump’s tax law.

“There are going to be a lot of unhappy people over the next month,” Edward Karl of the American Institute of CPAs told Politico. “Taxpayers want a large refund.” Some 71 percent of taxpayers received refunds last year worth about $3,000 on average, according to Karl.

Scads of taxpayers are complaining on Twitter that they have always received a refund — but now owe the IRS instead. ...

Translation~ you and the retards on Twitter don't know math and how it works..no wonder why you are so fucking stupid.

My tax rate this year was -10.64% last year it was -15.8% So taxes did go up, not down...
The GOP yet again played a scam on the voters and repubs in Congress and the executive branch will realize it in 2020.

Mark
With a negative integer

Mark
My taxes look like numbers..

Mark
With a negative integer

Mark

You made an assertion using very specific numbers. I simply want you to back up that assertion.

Mark

Mark
With a negative integer

Mark

You made an assertion using very specific numbers. I simply want you to back up that assertion.

Mark
You will just have to take my word for it since I refuse to expose my personal info..

Average Tax Refunds Down 8.4 Percent As Angry Taxpayers Vent On Twitter | HuffPost

headshot
By Mary Papenfuss

You do realize that when you pay in less taxes from income, there is less taxes that you get back? Only the retarded liberals would make a point, because most of them dont work in the first place...I only get back about $100 for the year, because I barely put any overage because why should I loan the government "MY MONEY" so they can use if for the year, then give it back without paying any interest? Only dumbasses allow the government to abuse them..

What’s retarded are the trump chumps who actually think they can still convince anyone but themselves that trickledown economics work after being proven a failure.

What’s even more retarded is how they whine an cry when their trickledown economics are taken away from them.

Get ready for some whining and crying everyone.

We have the lowest unemployment rates in history and a growing economy as a direct result of the policies that you oppose.

I was somewhat disappointed that the tax changes did not benefit me personally, but I guess I am one of the evil rich that must be punished. To claim that upper middle income people got a tax break is a blatant lie.
We had this unemployment rate in year 2000.
Trump economy is lagging behind clinton, obama, carter, reagan.
pa747yyylrf21.jpg

Tried to warn you fuckers.

You wouldn't listen

Yeah you warned that trump raised your local property taxes. You got listened to...and laughed at.
Lie much?

What I said was that Trump took away my property tax deduction.

And oh look. He did...and it's costing me $2K

I am extremely pleased that you have to bear the brunt of your property taxes without shifting it to federal taxpayers. I hope they soak you until you come to your senses. I hope they laugh at you when they tax you as you whine about Trump.
Its win win for them. They get to tax the shit out of you while you whine about somebody who didn't tax the shit of of you.
Liberals stay in power through this kind of stupidity. And stupid should hurt a little.

I simply disagree, there is societal benefit to incentivizing marriage and home buying. There is societal benefit to allowing tax deductions for child care and medical insurance premiums. almost everything the government does is aimed at influencing behavior. Right now the dems want open borders and unlimited illegal immigration, thereby incentivizing law breaking by non citizens, do you support that government influence? Are you against the cap on interest and property tax deductions for the wealthy on second homes?

We agree on one thing, everything the government does is aimed at influencing behavior, we differ on if that is good or not. You see it as a good thing, I see it as a bad thing. Going on your premise one has to assume the government knows better than we do what is good for us, I reject that premise.

I do not want a cap on interest and property tax deductions, I want them gone all together. Same with marriage benefits, education deductions, and even credit for having kids.

Take my daughter for instance, she pays a higher rate of tax on her income than someone she went to high school with who now has two kids while my daughter instead choose to go to college and have a career. Why is she punished for thinking 23 is a bit too early for children.

Why should someone have a lower tax burden just because they are paying on a house than me who has no mortgage?

The last thing the government should be involved in is social engineering

I simply disagree, there is societal benefit to incentivizing marriage and home buying. There is societal benefit to allowing tax deductions for child care and medical insurance premiums. almost everything the government does is aimed at influencing behavior. Right now the dems want open borders and unlimited illegal immigration, thereby incentivizing law breaking by non citizens, do you support that government influence? Are you against the cap on interest and property tax deductions for the wealthy on second homes?

We agree on one thing, everything the government does is aimed at influencing behavior, we differ on if that is good or not. You see it as a good thing, I see it as a bad thing. Going on your premise one has to assume the government knows better than we do what is good for us, I reject that premise.

I do not want a cap on interest and property tax deductions, I want them gone all together. Same with marriage benefits, education deductions, and even credit for having kids.

Take my daughter for instance, she pays a higher rate of tax on her income than someone she went to high school with who now has two kids while my daughter instead choose to go to college and have a career. Why is she punished for thinking 23 is a bit too early for children.

Why should someone have a lower tax burden just because they are paying on a house than me who has no mortgage?

You are just too pure for this world.

You're not going to get as big of a refund when you paid less taxes all year long.

This article just explains so clearly how Americans are fucking stupid and can't see past the ends of their fat assed noses. The huffington puffington post is known Anti Trump so their opinion really isn't worth the dog shit it's written on.

Hey OP, rather than spew bullshit, why not quote Trump saying that everyone would get a larger tax refund? Don't just make shit up, back it up.

No, I just do not think the government is the solution to all our problems like you people do.

I've been mainly using my laptop for the last three weeks and I am having a heck of a time with typo's and partially completed words. I hate the little mouse pad thing it has and if I even touch it while typing it moves the cursor, starts putting what I'm typing on a different already typed line that makes it look like I'm drunk or something. I mean having a 120 dollar laptop that works is good by it's taking a toll on my patience. Should I shoot it?

No, I just do not think the government is the solution to all our problems like you people do.

I personally think the fucking gov't is the CAUSE of most of our problems as a nation.

I've been mainly using my laptop for the last three weeks and I am having a heck of a time with typo's and partially completed words. I hate the little mouse pad thing it has and if I even touch it while typing it moves the cursor, starts putting what I'm typing on a different already typed line that makes it look like I'm drunk or something. I mean having a 120 dollar laptop that works is good by it's taking a toll on my patience. Should I shoot it?

I personally think the fucking gov't is the CAUSE of most of our problems as a nation.

They are, our law makers never think about the unintended consequences of their actions.

I thought the citizens *were* the government in this nation?

I thought the citizens *were* the government in this nation?

Citizens make up the gov't but citizens are not the gov't as a whole.

Forum List

Back