Tired of not-winning? ... Average Tax Refunds Down 8.4 Percent As Angry Taxpayers Vent On Twitter

not voting does not stop you from being a Trumpian
Piss off, fake libertarian.

I've already told you of a number of policies and actions of his that I dislike and don't agree with, so now you're just being a peckerhead stalker.

10.64 is less than 15.8 How are you calculating this?

Mark
With a negative integer

Neither of those numbers in your post are integers, dumbass!

Tell us another lie!
You smell of roses. If the fellow can’t figure out which negative is the larger why not a red herring. Asshat

It is called absolute value. My God man, did you ever take Algebra in school? If you did, you should know that integers do not have decimals!
You evidently check your asshole regularly to make sure it isn't making any jokes.

The only joke I see right now is your IQ!

The feces has hit the fan at tax refund time as low and middle-class Americans are finding that Trump has his hand in their pocket and has stolen money from their refunds.

The wealthy are still doing just fine. The lies about the Trump tax cuts is now exposed that the low and middle class are financing the tax cuts for the wealthy people and corporations.

Donald Trump won't be able to spin his way out of the tax cut lie.

Average Tax Refunds Down 8.4 Percent As Angry Taxpayers Vent On Twitter | HuffPost

Average Tax Refunds Down 8.4 Percent As Angry Taxpayers Vent On Twitter
Many workers who had always gotten a refund find out they now owe the IRS.
headshot
By Mary Papenfuss

Average tax refunds were down last week 8.4 percent for the first week of the tax season over the same time last year, according to the Internal Revenue Service. Dipping refunds are inflaming a growing army of taxpayers stunned by the consequences of the Trump administration’s tax law — and the effects of the partial government shutdown.

The average refund check paid out so far has been $1,865, down from $2,035 at the same point in 2018, according to IRS data. Low-income taxpayers often file early to pocket the money as soon as possible. Many taxpayers count on the refunds to make important payments, or spend the money on things like home repairs, a vacation or a car.

The IRS had estimated it would issue about 2.3 percent fewer refunds this year as a result of the changes in the federal tax law, according to Bloomberg. MSNBC reports that 30 million Americans will owe the IRS money this year — 3 million more than before Trump’s tax law.

“There are going to be a lot of unhappy people over the next month,” Edward Karl of the American Institute of CPAs told Politico. “Taxpayers want a large refund.” Some 71 percent of taxpayers received refunds last year worth about $3,000 on average, according to Karl.

Scads of taxpayers are complaining on Twitter that they have always received a refund — but now owe the IRS instead. ...

All those evil rich folks who pay your way took a big hit on their mortgage interest deduction values...The bottom feeding degenerates should be happy...no?

There should have never been a mortgage interest deduction, the tax code should not be used to influence behavior.

I simply disagree, there is societal benefit to incentivizing marriage and home buying. There is societal benefit to allowing tax deductions for child care and medical insurance premiums. almost everything the government does is aimed at influencing behavior. Right now the dems want open borders and unlimited illegal immigration, thereby incentivizing law breaking by non citizens, do you support that government influence? Are you against the cap on interest and property tax deductions for the wealthy on second homes?

What a splendid debate. When you guys are done insulting each other the debate could continue.
Although the venting on twitter is kind of normal. Twitter is the whining app.
Haven't read anything positive lately on twitter. Have you?

With a negative integer

Tell us another lie!
You smell of roses. If the fellow can’t figure out which negative is the larger why not a red herring. Asshat

It is called absolute value. My God man, did you ever take Algebra in school? If you did, you should know that integers do not have decimals!
You evidently check your asshole regularly to make sure it isn't making any jokes.

And we should be feeling what right about now?

I simply disagree, there is societal benefit to incentivizing marriage and home buying. There is societal benefit to allowing tax deductions for child care and medical insurance premiums. almost everything the government does is aimed at influencing behavior. Right now the dems want open borders and unlimited illegal immigration, thereby incentivizing law breaking by non citizens, do you support that government influence? Are you against the cap on interest and property tax deductions for the wealthy on second homes?
"Societal benefit" is not the reason for taxation....Presuming there are any at all, social engineering is definitely not a legit function of The State,

Tell us another lie!

And we should be feeling what right about now?

Personally, I am laughing at your stupid ass!

This is fantastic journalism. Note that “scads” of people are “venting” on Twitter. Also “many” are not receiving refunds and “Twitter is filling up with complaints”.
The echo chamber of modern liberal journalism. Reporting on fellow liberals they follow on Twitter.

"Societal benefit" is not the reason for taxation....Presuming there are any at all, social engineering is definitely not a legit function of The State,

it has been since the creation of the income tax. would you do away with the marriage deduction? the mortgage deduction? the child care deduction? medical deductions?, charity deductions? All of those influence behavior and IMHO benefit society as a whole.

But lets forget taxes and talk about other government policies that influence behavior--------------how about anti discrimination laws?

to say that government policy should not influence behavior is somewhat naïve.

it has been since the creation of the income tax. would you do away with the marriage deduction? the mortgage deduction? the child care deduction? medical deductions?, charity deductions? All of those influence behavior and IMHO benefit society as a whole.

But lets forget taxes and talk about other government policies that influence behavior--------------how about anti discrimination laws?

What it has been is irrelevant...I would do away with the 16th Amendment, income tax, and IRS altogether.

To say that State policy should be there to act as the hand of a benevolent parent is the attitude of a despot.

What it has been is irrelevant...I would do away with the 16th Amendment, income tax, and IRS altogether.

To say that State policy should be there to act as the hand of a benevolent parent is the attitude of a despot.

Ok, then we should have a flat tax rate that applies to all people and all income of all types. no exemptions, no deductions, everyone pays the same rate. I would support that, would you?

Ok, then we should have a flat tax rate that applies to all people and all income of all types. no exemptions, no deductions, everyone pays the same rate. I would support that, would you?
Didn't you read my post for comprehension?....I want NO direct federal tax on ANY incomes.

The nation fought wars, built roads, and educated children just fine prior to 1913.

Didn't you read my post for comprehension?....I want NO direct federal tax on ANY incomes.

The nation fought wars, built roads, and educated children just fine prior to 1913.

so where do you propose that the government get the money to provide the services that citizens expect and demand?

Yaaaaaaawn.......

Meanwhile, you Democrats / Progressive leftists are now So CORRUPT.......

You now fully support the most vile, and racist among us keeping their elected offices no matter what.....as long as they are anti_Trump / anti-America / pro-gun confiscation.....at ALL costs

Nearly 60 percent of Virginia's African-Americans want Gov. Northam to remain in office: poll

If those three clowns were republicans the dems and their mouthpiece media would be screaming for their heads 24/7/365. The hypocrisy of the left is blatant

so where do you propose that the government get the money to provide the services that citizens expect and demand?
People expecting and demanding "services" from The State, whose sole reason for being was as a bulwark to protect liberty, is the problem.

The feces has hit the fan at tax refund time as low and middle-class Americans are finding that Trump has his hand in their pocket and has stolen money from their refunds.

The wealthy are still doing just fine. The lies about the Trump tax cuts is now exposed that the low and middle class are financing the tax cuts for the wealthy people and corporations.

Donald Trump won't be able to spin his way out of the tax cut lie.

Average Tax Refunds Down 8.4 Percent As Angry Taxpayers Vent On Twitter | HuffPost

Average Tax Refunds Down 8.4 Percent As Angry Taxpayers Vent On Twitter
Many workers who had always gotten a refund find out they now owe the IRS.
headshot
By Mary Papenfuss

Average tax refunds were down last week 8.4 percent for the first week of the tax season over the same time last year, according to the Internal Revenue Service. Dipping refunds are inflaming a growing army of taxpayers stunned by the consequences of the Trump administration’s tax law — and the effects of the partial government shutdown.

The average refund check paid out so far has been $1,865, down from $2,035 at the same point in 2018, according to IRS data. Low-income taxpayers often file early to pocket the money as soon as possible. Many taxpayers count on the refunds to make important payments, or spend the money on things like home repairs, a vacation or a car.

The IRS had estimated it would issue about 2.3 percent fewer refunds this year as a result of the changes in the federal tax law, according to Bloomberg. MSNBC reports that 30 million Americans will owe the IRS money this year — 3 million more than before Trump’s tax law.

“There are going to be a lot of unhappy people over the next month,” Edward Karl of the American Institute of CPAs told Politico. “Taxpayers want a large refund.” Some 71 percent of taxpayers received refunds last year worth about $3,000 on average, according to Karl.

Scads of taxpayers are complaining on Twitter that they have always received a refund — but now owe the IRS instead. ...
You do realize that when you pay in less taxes from income, there is less taxes that you get back? Only the retarded liberals would make a point, because most of them dont work in the first place...I only get back about $100 for the year, because I barely put any overage because why should I loan the government "MY MONEY" so they can use if for the year, then give it back without paying any interest? Only dumbasses allow the government to abuse them..

What’s retarded are the trump chumps who actually think they can still convince anyone but themselves that trickledown economics work after being proven a failure.

What’s even more retarded is how they whine an cry when their trickledown economics are taken away from them.

Get ready for some whining and crying everyone.

People expecting and demanding "services" from The State whose sole reason for being is as a bulwark to protect liberty is the problem.

We agree on that, but how do we turn it back? the answer is we can't, so we need to limit it and remove the libs from congress at every opportunity.

Liberalism is a real danger, but a much bigger danger is electing muslims to congress. Muslims put religion over country, they cannot truthfully swear an oath of loyalty to the country because their religion prohibits that.

We agree on that, but how do we turn it back? the answer is we can't, so we need to limit it and remove the libs from congress at every opportunity.

Liberalism is a real danger, but a much bigger danger is electing muslims to congress. Muslims put religion over country, they cannot truthfully swear an oath of loyalty to the country because their religion prohibits that.
You say we can't do that, so you just give in.....Nice case of Stockholm syndrome you have there.

Forum List

Back