Tired of Whining Vegans, Restaurant Owner Drops All Vegan Items from Menu

The reason I told you about the McDonald's thing is because that's how businesses work. If it's not selling, don't carry it. If you claim that restaurants already have the stuff and it's selling anyway, why do you suppose they don't have vegan menus?

Anyway speaking or McDonald's, I'm starting to get hungry for breakfast. I think I'm going to get a sausage McMuffin combo in about an hour.
McDonalds has almost nothing in common with any sit down restaurant.

And I'm not talking about entire vegan menus I am talking about a couple options for vegan plates that can easily be made with what any decent restaurant already has on hand

Surveys aren't controlled. Do you understand the difference between a rigorous study, one that gives meaningful results, and a survey?

I am a scientist. Studies that give good data are very time consuming. Your china surveys had zero controls. None.

McDonalds has almost nothing in common with any sit down restaurant.

And I'm not talking about entire vegan menus I am talking about a couple options for vegan plates that can easily be made with what any decent restaurant already has on hand

Going back to the OP, the restaurant owner was sick of the complaints about his vegan dishes, so apparently these die hard vegan people are not happy with pulling any old thing from the back of the fridge and slop it together as you claim they can.

I don't go to a Chinese restaurant and complain they don't have pizzas. If I want pizza, I have to go to an Italian restaurant.

I eat VERY cheaply. It all depends on th3 choices you make. Dead animal flesh is very expensive. Rice and beans and vegetables are cheap

I'm kind of cheap with a lot of things but not food. If I'm going to have a steak, I'm not buying the $6.99 a pound stuff. I'm buying the $15.00 per pound steak. I never eat at those buy one get one free pizza places. All you're doing is buying two low quality pizzas. I'll spend the money to get one very good pizza.

Surveys aren't controlled. Do yiu understand the difference between a rigorous study, one that gives meaningful results, and a survey?

I am a scientist. Studies that give good data are very time consuming. Your china surveys had zero controls. None.

Going back to the OP, the restaurant owner was sick of the complaints about his vegan dishes, so apparently these die hard vegan people are not happy with pulling any old thing from the back of the fridge and slop it together as you claim they can.

I don't go to a Chinese restaurant and complain they don't have pizzas. If I want pizza, I have to go to an Italian restaurant.
No it was more like a couple online assholes were ripping him for not offering meatless options.

And again your analogies just don't hold up.

Every steakhouse already has many vegetable and grain items on the menu no one is asking anyone to go out and buy any additional foodstuffs.

I looked up the menu for a very good local steakhouse and they have on their menu dishes that contain

Brussel sprouts
Beets
cauliflower
broccoli
Arugula
mixed greens
rice
strawberries
figs
avocado
slivered almonds
house made raspberry vinaigrette

Those right there are the perfect ingredients for a vegan grain and veg bowl and they already have them so tell me how does it cost anymore?

No it was more like a couple online assholes were ripping him for not offering meatless options.

And again your analogies just don't hold up.

Every steakhouse already has many vegetable and grain items on the menu no one is asking anyone to go out and buy any additional foodstuffs.

I looked up the menu for a very good local steakhouse and they have on their menu dishes that contain

Brussel sprouts
Beets
cauliflower
broccoli
Arugula
mixed greens
rice
strawberries
figs
avocado
slivered almonds
house made raspberry vinaigrette

Those right there are the perfect ingredients for a vegan grain and veg bowl and they already have them so tell me how does it cost anymore?

Well there must be a reason they don't have vegan menus, don't you think? How many beets does a steak place use? If they had to cater to vegan people, they may have to order more. If they don't sell, out in the garbage it goes.

I'll be totally honest here. I don't know much about vegan food. Never cared to learn either because I eat what I want and don't consider my health in the process. If I feel like eating Big Macs all week, that's what I eat. So if the list you gave me is something anybody can put together because they already have the ingredients, what are these vegan customers complaining about in the OP? Is there good vegan food and bad? I'm not making an argument, but since you eat the stuff, I'm assuming you would know.

Well there must be a reason they don't have vegan menus, don't you think? How many beets does a steak place use? If they had to cater to vegan people, they may have to order more. If they don't sell, out in the garbage it goes.

I'll be totally honest here. I don't know much about vegan food. Never cared to learn either because I eat what I want and don't consider my health in the process. If I feel like eating Big Macs all week, that's what I eat. So if the list you gave me is something anybody can put together because they already have the ingredients, what are these vegan customers complaining about in the OP? Is there good vegan food and bad? I'm not making an argument, but since you eat the stuff, I'm assuming you would know.
I never said this steakhouse didn't have a vegan option.

They do because they realize that any additional customers that come in order drinks and a meal adds to their bottom line and especially so when they already have everything needed in house to make a very good vegan dish

I never said this steakhouse didn't have a vegan option.

They do because they realize that any additional customers that come in order drinks and a meal adds to their bottom line and especially so when they already have everything needed in house to make a very good vegan dish

I got that, but what I don't get is if they already have this stuff in house, why don't they have vegan menus? There has to be a reason.

I got that, but what I don't get is if they already have this stuff in house, why don't they have vegan menus? There has to be a reason.
it certainly isn't an economic reason. The reality is there is an increasing number of people that want to eat less meat even if they don't go vegan or vegetarian. It's a growing customer base and it's a good decision to get a piece of it isn't it?

and once again it doesn't have to be a whole separate vegan menu. This place only offers the grain and veg bowl and their usual salad menu. I've had it and it's a great dish.

it certainly isn't an economic reason. The reality is there is an increasing number of people that want to eat less meat even if they don't go vegan or vegetarian. It's a growing customer base and it's a good decision to get a piece of it isn't it?

and once again it doesn't have to be a whole separate vegan menu. This place only offers the grain and veg bowl and their usual salad menu. I've had it and it's a great dish.

We are making the same points here. If it's a growing trend but restaurants still don't offer vegan dishes, there has to be a reason for it. I'm just asking why since you said you eat the stuff. Are there good vegan foods and bad vegan foods like pizzas, burger and chicken places? I'm asking because I really don't know.

Forum List

Back