To all my black sista's raising families alone....take notes

Peace to you also......l get the slavery mentality, I get the fact racism is alive and kicking, I get it......what I don't get is our allowing these barriers to keep us from raising good honest human beings before the outside world gets to them, ie the racism, the bias, the discrimination, etc. I say, lets deal with what we can control and address it. Lets equip our kids with the right social tools, the knowing that they're loved and that we have their backs. Far too many are let loose, never having the right tools of being nurtured and cared for. That's all I'm saying.

Yes, Ma'am...for me religion has been a guiding tool, but in the American Black experience religion may have failed our people.

It would be better if all of us American Blacks believed that we should not have sex outside of Biblical/religious principles, but as war is made against us alot of institutions that would serve our betterment don't meet our needs and we turn away from those institutions.

I say we need to be separated from Whites and have our own land and nation and I think our community would automatically get better just from not being under the control & influence of Whites but strictly under OUR own control.

...there's a nice pro-Black site at: destee.com 17 Years Online where we (Blacks) can not be around the White people here and discuss pro-Black ideas.

Peace & brotherly love:),
Bro. Anonymous1977

What you say would make sense if it was not for the fact that blacks behave the same way all over the world

I don't know how Blacks are behaving around the world BUT I DO KNOW THAT ALL BLACKS HAVE BEEN UNDER THE POISONOUS INFLUENCE AND CONTROL OF EUROPEANS...

Anonymous1977

You make it sound like Whites are the adults and Blacks are children who were not raised right

You make it sound like Whites are the adults and Blacks are children who were not raised right

Lol no, that might be what it sounds like TO YOU due to sickness in your own mind.

I am saying that your (the White race) poisonous influence & rule has touched, damaged, and destroyed Black people and that Blacks need to unite and separate from your race altogether if we (Blacks) want the best for ourselves imo.

I don't know about "children" as you said (lol,) [rather] just people who need to separate from you (your race) altogether and your EVIL rule.

Anonymous1977

There is one philosophy I've learned in life and it goes as follows and it works.

You raise a child giving them everything they NEED, I promise you, by the time they hit the teen years, you'll have a child gung ho and ready to get out and work each summer and after school. I promise you this.

But if your raise a child giving them everything they WANT, I warn you, by the time they hit the teen years, you'll have a child lacking motivation, lacking drive and respect for you, all done with one hand constantly out and if you don't provide it, someone else will.

My sisters, we have got to stop showing love with material things, the high end shoes, the Iphones, the pads, the labels.....it may make you feel good, but your laying the foundation for a failure in life. I've seen this happen time and time again.

I raised 5 kids, 2 of them my sisters.....I gave them love, I nurtured their needs, we talked, we engaged in conversations of current events, I was there for all the PTA's and homework and I gave each child, everything they could possibly need in this life to carry on...by the time they hit the teen years, they couldn't wait to get summer jobs.....SO THEY COULD GET THE THINGS THEY WANTED....cause there was no other way, cause mama didn't play the material world. All college educated, one in the military, one's a department store manager, one's a nurse, one works for the city and my baby, works for a publishing company...all healthy and thriving.

Peace, sister tigerred59:),

I hope that you are doing fine today...I am doing fine.

I just wanted to say that, I'm an American Black male who thinks that the American Black family's state is part of a continuum...American slavery DESTROYED the Black family; the Black man's knowledge of how to be a father was taken away, and never given back to him and the American Black woman's knowledge of how to be a mother was taken away from her, and never given back, so today many of us just reproduce without knowing how to be fathers and mothers. Whites (in America) did us a damage that they never repaired and I don't think they ever will.

You might say there are books on proper parenting, but how can a Black person in America who knows the evil of Whites trust them to tell us anything good...before we were bogarted into our American experience by Whites, we knew how to be a family and if Whites took away our original knowledge then they are the responsible party for American Blacks not knowing how to be mothers & fathers. Or in other words, they owe Black people ALOT regarding what they did to us.

Peace and may God Bless you.
Anonymous1977

Slavery didnt steal that. You gave it away with your crappy culture perpetuated by democrats.
Go back to the days when you had family values and you'll see the black family improve.

Black family improve???????? Listen, we may have issues within our communities and yes they're massive at times, but please don't believe that Harry and Louise ain't struggling too. I'm from Ky, bordering Indiana....you'd be amazed at bad you white folks are having it here....Massive massive drug usage, poverty, and violent crimes.....and believe me, its destroying a lot of families

Sure there are problems with blacks and whites,but the percentages dont lie.
If you dont break the cycle of bad behavior among the black community nothing will ever change.
When your parent(roll model)still listens to rap music and teaches their young to hate the police and society in general you dont stand a chance.
I grew up privileged until my 11th birthday when my parents divorced. After that I was pretty much on my own yet I remembered my up bringing and that made me strive to better myself.
I knew things could be better no matter how bad my life was after the divorce and that gave me hope and drive to do the right thing. If you never have hope and a past to go by you're screwed.

First lets revert back to my original posting....no where in there do I address race, nowhere....yet we always manage to draw ourselves into this category.....that's a problem to me. Racism can't stop a poor broke black man from showing up at a PTA meeting or a birthday party for his child. Racism isn't inside a home, where mama's on her cell phone doing instagrams. Listen, something is systematically wrong in my community, too many kids are being killed unnecessarily, too many women are struggling to make ends meet, we're dropping out of schools too soon and we're being targeted from all ends.....and this is becoming generational......I mean we're still struggling in 2015 to love the skin we're in.....its just sad and the cycle has got break at some point, but when?

It starts in the home. Crappy parents equals crappy kids. It's really no mystery.

Lol no, that might be what it sounds like TO YOU due to sickness in your own mind.

I am saying that your (the White race) poisonous influence & rule has touched, damaged, and destroyed Black people and that Blacks need to unite and separate from your race altogether if we (Blacks) want the best for ourselves imo.

I don't know about "children" as you said (lol,) [rather] just people who need to separate from you (your race) altogether and your EVIL rule.

Anonymous1977

I'm all for it.

Whats stopping you?

Lololol.

Well Sir (lol,) the way I see it is it's like being bitten by a POISONOUS SNAKE and suffering from a disease given by that snake...like the Israelite race in the Abrahamic Scriptures, my belief is that it will take a Messenger from God to liberate American Blacks and all Blacks from our evil oppressors...

Peace.
Anonymous1977

Your peoples evil oppressors are your low IQ levels

Lololol.

Right...and who else in America in a position of power really (meaning "secretly") feels like you feel about Blacks and would injure a Black if given a good opportunity to?

YOU are the evil oppressor that I say, may God drown you (members of your race like you) in a sea like He drowned the people of Pharoah in the Scriptures.

Anonymous1977

Your peoples evil oppressors are your low IQ levels

Lololol.

Right...and who else in America in a position of power really (meaning "secretly") feels like you feel about Blacks and would injure a Black if given a good opportunity to?

YOU are the evil oppressor that I say, may God drown you (members of your race like you) in a sea like He drowned the people of Pharoah in the Scriptures.

Anonymous1977

You kill each other at a much higher rate.

I'm not going to bother crawling through this thread, but would hope the suggestions include: marrying the father of the children and having children with only that father.

Who makes it sound like that? Me? I simply gave a formula of what works, because I see to many young women, my family members included, all buying these overly expensive crap for their kids, because their too vested in external distractions to give their kids what they need, which is your time, your energy, your attention. For me, I never aluded to anything about white people on this subject.....so I guess your talking about someone else

I'm not going to bother crawling through this thread, but would hope the suggestions include: marrying the father of the children and having children with only that father.

Lets get something clear, people on this threads have a bad bad habit of making things a black/white debate or debate on family values, ie being a single mom renders you dead weight to society. 2 parent families will always always trump being raised by a single parent...that is an understood fact, I simply gave comment on a trend that I personally have experienced and on things I see...end of story!!

Lets get something clear, people on this threads have a bad bad habit of making things a black/white debate or debate on family values, ie being a single mom renders you dead weight to society. 2 parent families will always always trump being raised by a single parent...that is an understood fact, I simply gave comment on a trend that I personally have experienced and on things I see...end of story!!

Edit: Values matter. The values that result in children being raised without a father figure while the mothers engage in serial (or parallel) promiscuity are unhealthy for children.

Peace to you also......l get the slavery mentality, I get the fact racism is alive and kicking, I get it......what I don't get is our allowing these barriers to keep us from raising good honest human beings before the outside world gets to them, ie the racism, the bias, the discrimination, etc. I say, lets deal with what we can control and address it. Lets equip our kids with the right social tools, the knowing that they're loved and that we have their backs. Far too many are let loose, never having the right tools of being nurtured and cared for. That's all I'm saying.

Yes, Ma'am...for me religion has been a guiding tool, but in the American Black experience religion may have failed our people.

It would be better if all of us American Blacks believed that we should not have sex outside of Biblical/religious principles, but as war is made against us alot of institutions that would serve our betterment don't meet our needs and we turn away from those institutions.

I say we need to be separated from Whites and have our own land and nation and I think our community would automatically get better just from not being under the control & influence of Whites but strictly under OUR own control.

...there's a nice pro-Black site at: destee.com 17 Years Online where we (Blacks) can not be around the White people here and discuss pro-Black ideas.

Peace & brotherly love:),
Bro. Anonymous1977

Friend, the utopia you just described exist all around the country, its called ghettos' No whites, we're left to our own devices and we somehow manage to fail miserably in our efforts. No, what we need is self awareness, self love of one's linage and history and incentive to succeed in life, no matter how high the mountain. As it stands now, most blacks don't even feel value in their lives unless some white person validates it....the sin is hating the skin we're in.

Edit: Values matter. The values that result in children being raised without a father figure while the mothers engage in serial (or parallel) promiscuity are unhealthy for children.

No it does not!! Do not for one second suggest to me that all whites with 2 parent families are somehow excluded from life's trials and tribulations, cause I can set you straight on that one, with some cold hard facts. The fact that whites succeed in this country, around the damn planet is based solely on the skin their in and the perceptions history has brainwashed in others. But if given the same exact opportunities fresh off the slave boat, we'd all be having a different conversation today.

Forum List

Back