To all you pro oil folks out there.

It's outrageous that Oil companies are allowed to transfer all their unprofitable wells to a shell company that goes bankrupt so they don't have to pay to plug gas leaks, plug the well or clean up their mess. That way tax payers have to hire them to do their own cleanup.
so why do you want to give them your money?

It's outrageous that Oil companies are allowed to transfer all their unprofitable wells to a shell company that goes bankrupt so they don't have to pay to plug gas leaks, plug the well or clean up their mess. That way tax payers have to hire them to do their own cleanup.

You should write your congressman. That's not a subsidy.

You're an idiot. LOL!!!

What law allows oil companies to transfer all their unprofitable wells to a shell company that goes bankrupt so they don't have to pay to plug gas leaks, plug the well or clean up their mess?

Why didn't Obama get it repealed?

do you know what a subsidy is? hahaahahahahhaha. the fact you think taxes not surrendered are subsidies makes me laugh out loud. thanks.
You retard, Oil companies pay for campaign ads that brainwashed you to vote for lawmakers that force taxpayers to pay oil companies to clean up their own mess.

The result was the lowest fuel prices in decades
That was the pandemic that delivered the lowest gas prices. Just like when the GOP claimed low gas prices in the middle of the 2008 recession were the result of good policy and the rise after the recession was over was all Obama's fault.

That was the pandemic that delivered the lowest gas prices. Just like when the GOP claimed low gas prices in the middle of the 2008 recession were the result of good policy and the rise after the recession was over was all Obama's fault.
Thought demand was low during pandemic? Doesn’t that mean prices would go up? Hmmm you fkers still can’t figure this out

Escaping Liability

The large company that drills a well often sells it to a midsize company that operates it for a while, then finally to someone who can “eke out the last few molecules,” said Environmental Defense Fund attorney Adam Peltz. “Really these end sales are about escaping the plugging liability.”

A tide of failing energy companies has government regulators racing to address the nation’s stockpile of abandoned, methane-leaking oil wells as environmental liabilities come to a head in oil and gas bankruptcy proceedings.

More than 260 domestic oil producers filed Chapter 11 over a six-year period marked by depressed commodity prices and the global economic shock caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.

The bipartisan infrastructure bill passed by the Senate last month would allocate more than $4 billion for plugging and remediating abandoned oil wells.

Who does the government pay for plugging and remediating abandoned oil wells??? They pay our tax money to the big oil companies who caused the disaster!

Last edited:

Escaping Liability

The large company that drills a well often sells it to a midsize company that operates it for a while, then finally to someone who can “eke out the last few molecules,” said Environmental Defense Fund attorney Adam Peltz. “Really these end sales are about escaping the plugging liability.”

A tide of failing energy companies has government regulators racing to address the nation’s stockpile of abandoned, methane-leaking oil wells as environmental liabilities come to a head in oil and gas bankruptcy proceedings.

More than 260 domestic oil producers filed Chapter 11 over a six-year period marked by depressed commodity prices and the global economic shock caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.

The bipartisan infrastructure bill passed by the Senate last month would allocate more than $4 billion for plugging and remediating abandoned oil wells.
So why is opec so wealthy?

Dumbass right wing shills just tell them to find two more jobs and work harder n stuff if the can't afford stuff.
No, Conservatives tell Democrats don't destroy energy independence / energy production based on the Green New Deal BS of wanting to run everything off of solar, wind, water, and energy sources that DON'T EXIST YET.

Biden declared the US is going through a FORCED TRANSITION that we are not ready for.

I understand WANTING to give up fossil fuel for alternative energy, but you don't shut down fossil fuel energy production UNTIL YOU HAVE ALTERNATIVE ENERGY SOURCES.

The fact that Biden shut down our fossil fuel energy production and is now begging / buying resources / energy sources (that we have) from our enemies while gas, electricity, etc... DOUBLES is an admission that the Democrats do NOT have an adequate, sufficient alternate energy source.

Again, declaring you WANT to move away from fossil fuels is ok, understandable, and should be done WHEN you physically have adequate alternatives and can do so without causing masdive chaos, killing the economy, and hurting citizens.

Shutting down your own energy production - hurting your country, economy, and citizens - to force the nation to switch over to energy sources THAT DON'T EXIST YET is f*ing INSANE.

That's what I used to think. But the fact is, the oil companies are sitting on unused DRILLING permits. (Not exploration permits). <<< Key word, "Unused."

Make no mistake about it. Biden is a moron for pulling those leases and shutting down the XL. That started the tiff between him and big oil. But it only gave them a reason to start their bust cycle.
NOTE: You think it's a coincidence that OPEC started their bust cycle at the same time? They also cut production.

OBidens regulations means a 7 year delay in getting the state and local permits the companies need. You may have A permit, but that is just the beginning of the nightmare and hoop jumping...

Yall need to stop complaining about Biden and what you think he's done to increased gas prices. Biden is doing the oil companies a favor. Record profits with little overhead.
So if you're going to continue to be pro big oil, yall need to stop complaining about the price. It's a free market economy, and if the oil companies get to make $100 billion just in the 1st quarter, then you should all be proud. In fact, I'd advise you all to buy extra gas cans and fill them all up. Buy it and give it away to those who can't afford it.

You know, just to show your support for big oil.
So did Joe do the oil companies a favor when he did this:
1) April 16, 20229:44 AM ET
BILLINGS, Mont. — The Interior Department on Friday said it's moving forward with the first onshore sales of public oil and natural gas drilling leases under President Joe Biden, but will sharply increase royalty rates for companies as federal officials weigh efforts to fight climate change against pressure to bring down high gasoline prices.
The royalty rate for new leases will increase to 18.75% from 12.5%.

2) Does Joe have favor with oil company execs when he says.. “we should put them in jail” when talking about fossil fuel executives. Joe Biden: "We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels" - Americans for Tax Reform

3) Or when he guarantees to put them out of business?
I want you to look into my eyes, I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels

Also NOTE: I provide you links, YOU,,, just your personal opinion. How difficult is it to show the links where you saw your subjective, personalized comments?

So did Joe do the oil companies a favor when he did this:
1) April 16, 20229:44 AM ET
BILLINGS, Mont. — The Interior Department on Friday said it's moving forward with the first onshore sales of public oil and natural gas drilling leases under President Joe Biden, but will sharply increase royalty rates for companies as federal officials weigh efforts to fight climate change against pressure to bring down high gasoline prices.
The royalty rate for new leases will increase to 18.75% from 12.5%.

2) Does Joe have favor with oil company execs when he says.. “we should put them in jail” when talking about fossil fuel executives. Joe Biden: "We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels" - Americans for Tax Reform

3) Or when he guarantees to put them out of business?
I want you to look into my eyes, I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels

Also NOTE: I provide you links, YOU,,, just your personal opinion. How difficult is it to show the links where you saw your subjective, personalized comments?

In an April 2 phone call, Trump told Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman that unless the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) started cutting oil production, he would be powerless to stop lawmakers from passing legislation to withdraw U.S. troops from the kingdom, four sources familiar with the matter told Reuters.

The threat to upend a 75-year strategic alliance, which has not been previously reported, was central to the U.S. pressure campaign that led to a landmark global deal to slash oil supply as demand collapsed in the coronavirus pandemic - scoring a diplomatic victory for the White House.

Trump delivered the message to the crown prince 10 days before the announcement of production cuts. The kingdom’s de facto leader was so taken aback by the threat that he ordered his aides out of the room so he could continue the discussion in private, according to a U.S. source who was briefed on the discussion by senior administration officials.

The effort illustrated Trump’s strong desire to protect the U.S. oil industry from a historic price meltdown as governments shut down economies worldwide to fight the virus. It also reflected a telling reversal of Trump’s longstanding criticism of the oil cartel, which he has blasted for raising energy costs for Americans with supply cuts that usually lead to higher gasoline prices. Now, Trump was asking OPEC to slash output.

A senior U.S. official told Reuters that the administration notified Saudi leaders that, without production cuts, “there would be no way to stop the U.S. Congress from imposing restrictions that could lead to a withdrawal of U.S. forces.” The official summed up the argument, made through various diplomatic channels, as telling Saudi leaders: “We are defending your industry while you’re destroying ours.”

Reuters asked Trump about the talks in an interview Wednesday evening at the White House, at which the president addressed a range of topics involving the pandemic. Asked if he told the crown prince that the U.S. might pull forces out of Saudi Arabia, Trump said, “I didn’t have to tell him.”

“I thought he and President Putin, Vladimir Putin, were very reasonable,” Trump said. “They knew they had a problem, and then this happened.”

Asked what he told the Crown Prince Mohammed, Trump said: “They were having a hard time making a deal. And I met telephonically with him, and we were able to reach a deal” for production cuts, Trump said.

How's that 'energy sources that don't exist yet' bullshit coming, AOC, Joe?

If we are to go to a forced transition to quickly end dependence on fossil fuels, why are you begging our enemies for fossil fuel resources we have an abundance of?

Thought demand was low during pandemic? Doesn’t that mean prices would go up? Hmmm you fkers still can’t figure this out

No it doesn't, it means the opposite. Better revisit the chapter on Capitalism and Supply and Demand again. No wonder you're a Neo-GOPer.

Yall need to stop complaining about Biden and what you think he's done to increased gas prices. Biden is doing the oil companies a favor. Record profits with little overhead.
So if you're going to continue to be pro big oil, yall need to stop complaining about the price. It's a free market economy, and if the oil companies get to make $100 billion just in the 1st quarter, then you should all be proud. In fact, I'd advise you all to buy extra gas cans and fill them all up. Buy it and give it away to those who can't afford it.

You know, just to show your support for big oil.

So are you auditioning for the Biden administration that you can lie and spin better than they can? ANYBODY can lie and spin better than the bozos we have in the White House

Forum List

Back