...to the best of my ability

Nosmo King

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2009
Buckle of the Rust Belt
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Note that the oath does not specify to do a good job, just work to your best ability.

Do you believe that Donald Trump and his administration is doing the best of his ability to preserve, protect and defend the constitution?

Yes and no. Anything short of abolishing Anti-American Govt orgs like the DEA and NSA, and dumping the Patriot Act and NDAA, he'll never really live up to what i'd like to see from a US President. But overall, i do think he's doing a good job. He's looking out for American Citizens. And we haven't seen that with a US President in years.

Yes and no. Anything short of abolishing Anti-American Govt orgs like the DEA and NSA, and dumping the Patriot Act and NDAA, he'll never really live up to what i'd like to see from a US President. But overall, i do think he's doing a good job. He's looking out for American Citizens. And we haven't seen that with a US President in years.
If you consider the Drug Enforcement Agency and the National Security Agency anti-American, one is asked to consider your constitutional acumen suspect.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Note that the oath does not specify to do a good job, just work to your best ability.

Do you believe that Donald Trump and his administration is doing the best of his ability to preserve, protect and defend the constitution?

Nope, he's not even interested in lifting a finger to protect us from Russian bots and trolls in the midterms.

Absolutamente!

If you consider the Drug Enforcement Agency and the National Security Agency anti-American, one is asked to consider your constitutional acumen suspect.

Yeah, maybe should have said 'Un-American.' They don't have Citizens' best interests in mind. They should be abolished as soon as possible. We'd save a whole lotta Taxpayer cash, and some of our rights would be restored.

Someone so unfit to be president such as Trump shouldn’t have taken such an oath in the first place.

Someone so unfit to be president such as Trump cannot take such an oath in good faith.

Someone so unfit to be president such as Trump shouldn’t have taken such an oath in the first place.

Someone so unfit to be president such as Trump cannot take such an oath in good faith.
Stop whining.

Who even really cares anymore? I have 0 hope for this country or this planet. Whether it flourishes or burns to ash, I don't give a shit. It's not like our concern matters anyway; only the opinions and actions of the 0.1% actually matter. We're just ants walking around in circles.

“…to the best of my ability” infers that a new president brings to the Oval Office the knowledge, experience, and understanding of the law, responsible governance, and sound public policy and will indeed use that experience and knowledge to serve the people of the United States.

But Trump is devoid of knowledge and experience concerning the law, responsible governance, and sound public policy – he has no such abilities, ‘best’ or otherwise to serve as president; consequently, Trump took his oath in bad faith, making it nothing but a farce and charade.

Trump as ‘president’ is truly ridiculous.

O has set precedent for the unfit to serve .

Forum List

Back