To those who support anti-gunners wanting mental health checks for your Rights? Homesickness reason to deny 2nd Amendment Rights...this is why.....

OK, let's talk risk. The USA has the highest per capita gun ownership rate in the entire developed world. AND we have NUMEROUS studies such as THIS ONE which find:

"Case-control studies, ecological time-series and cross-sectional studies indicate that in homes, cities, states and regions in the U.S., where there are more guns, both men and women are at a higher risk for homicide, particularly firearm homicide."

And then there's THIS STUDY which finds:

" Gun ownership was a significant predictor of firearm homicide rates (incidence rate ratio = 1.009; 95% confidence interval = 1.004, 1.014). This model indicated that for each percentage point increase in gun ownership, the firearm homicide rate increased by 0.9%."

Basically, the presence of guns is a good predictor of increased risk of someone in that home being shot or killed or committing suicide successfully.

So, DO TELL about risk!

With that logic you should never own a car.

Comparing the risk of needing a firearm for self defense to owning a firearm for suicide might be the stupidest argument I have ever heard. It goes something like this... you shouldn't own a gun to defend your possessions and family because you might intentionally kill yourself. Bravo. :clap:

Last edited:
You think scientists lie for money when you don't agree with them.

As I said either you are a creationist or you are someone who lies for money and thinks that's how everyone does it.

I'm actually being KIND in assuming you are a Creationist. But if you want to fight me on it I can easily change my assumption.
No. I think climate scientists lie to keep getting paid.

Your logic is ridiculous. What's your level of education?

With that logic you should never own a car.

Were cars made specifically to cause greivous bodily injury/death? Interesting conjecture!

Comparing the risk of needing a firearm for self defense to owning a firearm for suicide might be the stupidest argument I have ever heard.

Well, you seem pretty stupid so I assume you've heard a lot of them.

I'm just providing information on RISK. You know, the thing someone on here was going to "explain" to me.

To those who support anti-gunners wanting mental health checks for your Rights?​

The worst part in all of this is that no one can give anyone a "mental health check" with any degree of certainty. There isn't a test in the world that can accurately consistently detect people who intend to harm themself or others, and more people than I care to count have been murdered by others who have been certified AOK and mentally fit by the experts.

Were cars made specifically to cause greivous bodily injury/death? Interesting conjecture!

I'm just providing information on RISK. You know, the thing someone on here was going to "explain" to me.
That you see the purpose of a gun is to cause bodily injury/death just shows how biased you are on guns. Ask any LEO or soldiers what they use firearms for and they will tell you to make the other guy stop doing what he is doing.

No. I think climate scientists lie to keep getting paid.

You find wrong doing in others. Am I correct in assuming that whatever it is YOU do for a living is made up of people who lie for money?

I guess that's EXACTLY what you are telling me.

Your logic is ridiculous. What's your level of education?

I'd ask you the same but I honestly couldn't care less. You seem pretty dim.

The Right to Bear Arms (i.e. the 2nd Amendment) was seen by our Founding Fathers as the last check against tyranny. They knew that the best line of defense against a standing army was an armed populace.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers, may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual state. In a single state, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair."

- Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28

"If circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens. This appears to me the only substitute that can be devised for a standing army, and the best possible security against it, if it should exist."

The people who wish to preserve liberty and are capable of bearing arms are the militia.

“A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves…and include, according to the past and general usuage of the states, all men capable of bearing arms… "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."

- Richard Henry Lee, Federal Farmer No. 18, January 25, 1788

The Founding Fathers believed that peaceable law abiding citizens should never have their right to bear arms be infringed upon.

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, WHO ARE PEACEABLE CITIZENS, from keeping their own arms; …"

Samuel Adams quoted in the Philadelphia Independent Gazetteer, August 20, 1789, "Propositions submitted to the Convention of this State"

The fundamental purpose of the militia is to serve as a check upon a standing army, the words “well regulated” referred to the necessity that the armed citizens making up the militia have the level of equipment and training necessary to be an effective and formidable check upon the national government’s standing army.

"I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers." - George Mason, Address to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 4, 1788

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops." - Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, October 10, 1787

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country." - James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434, June 8, 1789

“A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves…and include, according to the past and general usuage of the states, all men capable of bearing arms… "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." - Richard Henry Lee, Federal Farmer No. 18, January 25, 1788

Well regulated does not mean regulations. When the Constitution specifies regulations it specifically states who and what is being regulated. The phrase "well-regulated" was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected. The fundamental purpose of the militia was to serve as a check upon a standing army, the words “well regulated” referred to the necessity that the armed citizens making up the militia have the necessary equipment and training necessary to be an effective and formidable check upon the national government’s standing army. Establishing government oversight of the people's arms was not only not the intent in using the phrase in the 2nd amendment, it was precisely to render the government powerless to do so that the founders wrote it.

That you see the purpose of a gun is to cause bodily injury/death just shows how biased you are on guns.

OH DO TELL Why guns were invented! Please! I'm waiting with baited breath!

Ask any LEO or soldiers what they use firearms for and they will tell you to make the other guy stop doing what he is doing.

I wonder how guns work then. Do they put out a piece of paper that suggests alternatives to violence?

OR DO THEY CAUSE GRIEVOUS BODILY INJURY AND/OR DEATH?

LOL.

Do you ever think about your posts?

You find wrong doing in others. Am I correct in assuming that whatever it is YOU do for a living is made up of people who lie for money?

I guess that's EXACTLY what you are telling me.

I'd ask you the same but I honestly couldn't care less. You seem pretty dim.
I'm retired. I never have to work again. I built things for a living.

OH DO TELL Why guns were invented! Please! I'm waiting with baited breath!

I wonder how guns work then. Do they put out a piece of paper that suggests alternatives to violence?

OR DO THEY CAUSE GRIEVOUS BODILY INJURY AND/OR DEATH?

LOL.

Do you ever think about your posts?
Are you a woman? Because you seem really emotional about this.

The Right to Bear Arms (i.e. the 2nd Amendment) was seen by our Founding Fathers as the last check against tyranny. They knew that the best line of defense against a standing army was an armed populace.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers, may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual state. In a single state, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair."

"If circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens. This appears to me the only substitute that can be devised for a standing army, and the best possible security against it, if it should exist."

The people who wish to preserve liberty and are capable of bearing arms are the militia.

“A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves…and include, according to the past and general usuage of the states, all men capable of bearing arms… "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."

The Founding Fathers believed that peaceable law abiding citizens should never have their right to bear arms be infringed upon.

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, WHO ARE PEACEABLE CITIZENS, from keeping their own arms; …"

Samuel Adams quoted in the Philadelphia Independent Gazetteer, August 20, 1789, "Propositions submitted to the Convention of this State"

The fundamental purpose of the militia is to serve as a check upon a standing army, the words “well regulated” referred to the necessity that the armed citizens making up the militia have the level of equipment and training necessary to be an effective and formidable check upon the national government’s standing army.

"I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers." - George Mason, Address to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 4, 1788

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops." - Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, October 10, 1787

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country." - James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434, June 8, 1789

“A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves…and include, according to the past and general usuage of the states, all men capable of bearing arms… "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." - Richard Henry Lee, Federal Farmer No. 18, January 25, 1788

Well regulated does not mean regulations. When the Constitution specifies regulations it specifically states who and what is being regulated. The phrase "well-regulated" was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected. The fundamental purpose of the militia was to serve as a check upon a standing army, the words “well regulated” referred to the necessity that the armed citizens making up the militia have the necessary equipment and training necessary to be an effective and formidable check upon the national government’s standing army. Establishing government oversight of the people's arms was not only not the intent in using the phrase in the 2nd amendment, it was precisely to render the government powerless to do so that the founders wrote it.

You think you could stand up to the modern US military armed only with what you can buy at Wal Mart? Good luck!

You think you could stand up to the modern US military armed only with what you can buy at Wal Mart? Good luck!
It's because of the 2nd Amendment that we won't have to.

Last edited:
Yes ( See Afghanistan) and if the A10 Pilots doing the Attack Runs on the Outskirts of Omaha or Dallas know that when they return home from their Missions they could find Their Wife &Twin Toddlers & Mother in law & 2 dogs Dead inside their home that was burned to the ground (By the Folks they were attacking) they might disobey orders

That probably has to do with people like you making emotional arguments and not being able to take their beliefs to their logical conclusions.
Good lord what is wrong with him? He just does random association stuff there’s no rhyme or reason to it. There are a few like that at dumb, I always wonder if it’s just the same person.

Yes ( See Afghanistan)

LOL. Umm, sorry I shouldn't laugh.

Like I said to someone else: the Afghans have lived in a very brutish and terrible country for decades upon decades. Many of the folks fighting America live in caves and in such levels of privation and squalor that they could probably last for a very long time. They also have access to all the left over Soviet and now American weapons.

Meanwhile the brave GRAVY SEALS who attempted to stop a "STOLEN ELECTION" in Washington DC on Jan 6 could only hold out one afternoon.

Then they went home and had dinner.

and if the A10 Pilots doing the Attack Runs on the Outskirts of Omaha or Dallas know that when they return home from their Missions they could find Their Wife &Twin Toddlers & Mother in law & 2 dogs Dead inside their home that was burned to the ground (By the Folks they were attacking) they might disobey orders

Such rich fantasies! How many times have you read the Turner Diaries?

Forum List

Back