Tohono O'Odham Nation says no to Trump wall

And many sovereign First Peoples nations have the law on their side to say no to the Wall.

indian-wall-trump.jpg

AZ Indian Tribe That Controls 75 Miles of Border Won’t Allow TRUMP WALL on their Land (VIDEO)

Tribal leadership of Tohono O’odham Nation in southern Arizona said they won’t support a border wall project on their land. Part of their reservation extends into Mexico and covers 75 miles of the international border.

The tribe’s chairman and vice chair said the plan was always to try to work with whoever holds the office of the United States President. But, they added, it’s still too early to tell exactly how Donald Trump’s administration will impact the tribe.

Vice Chairman Verlon Jose explained tribal members have traversed their ancestral land since time immemorial, and a wall of any sort would not be supported by the community.

“Over my dead body will a wall be built,” Jose said, describing some community members’ sentiments. “I don’t wish to die but I do wish to work together with people so we can truly protect the homeland of this place they call the United States of America. Not only for our people but for the American people.”

Think this will make a difference? BTW, Trump gets to choose 100+ lower court judges whenever he gets around to it.
Of course it does. Trump's 100 judges will not outweigh the 400 or 500 Obama judges of the last eight years. The Treaty is safe.
If it's a matter of national security, which it will be, the wall will be built where it is determined it will be most effective.
No, it is not, and, no, it will not.

That means nothing. They can and will stop it. The land is theirs. The easement, thanks to SM for point it out, is another matter. Treaty will determine if the Tribe can stop the Feds from moving the equipment, etc., across the land to the easement.

Starkey the Snitch still stuck on stupid.....after an entire thread points out they CANNOT stop it any more than they could stop the current fence, you keep repeating the same bullshit. As SunniMan pointed out, the US has a 60' wide strip of access across any and all land on the border....NO EXCEPTIONS.

That means nothing. They can and will stop it. The land is theirs. The easement, thanks to SM for point it out, is another matter. Treaty will determine if the Tribe can stop the Feds from moving the equipment, etc., across the land to the easement.

Starkey the Snitch still stuck on stupid.....after an entire thread points out they CANNOT stop it any more than they could stop the current fence, you keep repeating the same bullshit. As SunniMan pointed out, the US has a 60' wide strip of access across any and all land on the border....NO EXCEPTIONS.
The entire thread, snappersnithc, has shown that the Nation is sovereign. As I pointed out, the US is dependent on the Nation for access to that 20 yard strip. It is not going to happen.

The entire thread, snappersnithc, has shown that the Nation is sovereign. As I pointed out, the US is dependent on the Nation for access to that 20 yard strip. It is not going to happen.
Not exactly.

All the government worker's have to do is get on the strip before it enters the tribes land, and just stay within the 60 ft boundary.

Problem solved........ :thup: .... :cool:

And many sovereign First Peoples nations have the law on their side to say no to the Wall.

indian-wall-trump.jpg

AZ Indian Tribe That Controls 75 Miles of Border Won’t Allow TRUMP WALL on their Land (VIDEO)

Tribal leadership of Tohono O’odham Nation in southern Arizona said they won’t support a border wall project on their land. Part of their reservation extends into Mexico and covers 75 miles of the international border.

The tribe’s chairman and vice chair said the plan was always to try to work with whoever holds the office of the United States President. But, they added, it’s still too early to tell exactly how Donald Trump’s administration will impact the tribe.

Vice Chairman Verlon Jose explained tribal members have traversed their ancestral land since time immemorial, and a wall of any sort would not be supported by the community.

“Over my dead body will a wall be built,” Jose said, describing some community members’ sentiments. “I don’t wish to die but I do wish to work together with people so we can truly protect the homeland of this place they call the United States of America. Not only for our people but for the American people.”
Okay no wall across their land, just build extra wall around their land and set up check points.

Eminent domain, which Trump is a uge fan of, says otherwise. Their land, lol
Nope, their land. Can't eminent domain it at all.

If it's considered private property, uncle sure can.
You really don't understand. It is the Nation's property protected by treaty agreement. This is something that Trump can't renegotiate.
Apparently, you are unaware how the U.S. government can and has simply negated treated land at their will. The black hills region of the Dakotas was treated land and all it took was troops and force to end that treaty. Lives were lost, but the land was still taken.

Eminent domain, which Trump is a uge fan of, says otherwise. Their land, lol
Nope, their land. Can't eminent domain it at all.

If it's considered private property, uncle sure can.
You really don't understand. It is the Nation's property protected by treaty agreement. This is something that Trump can't renegotiate.
Apparently, you are unaware how the U.S. government can and has simply negated treated land at their will. The black hills region of the Dakotas was treated land and all it took was troops and force to end that treaty. Lives were lost, but the land was still taken.
Grow up. This is 2017 and not 1876. Nothing of the sort will happen. Remember when the far right said Donald would win in a landslide, and ended up with the worst minority victory in our history and Donald got less votes for president than either Obama or Mrs. Clinton?

indian-wall-trump.jpg

That's fine. Build the wall AROUND them.

Anyone trying to prevent access to that strip should be stopped from doing so by any means necessary, up to and including the use of lethal force. (Though a few loads of booze and some discreet payoffs might work just as well.)

Anyone trying to prevent access to that strip should be stopped from doing so by any means necessary, up to and including the use of lethal force. (Though a few loads of booze and some discreet payoffs might work just as well.)
If you try to do that through Nation land, then you are committing murder. That won't happen.

The bribery may work. Perhaps. Personally, if AZ agrees, the US could build the wall around the native land, yes.

The border states, CA and AZ and NM and TX, seem to be making negative noises about the 20% export tax, which is now downgraded to one of a group of options.

What a confused administration this has become.

Nope. It's not murder. They attempted to obstruct US government officials in performing their duties. They refused to disperse, they resisted arrest...said officials felt their safety was threatened, and defended themselves. Yes, the body count is high...that is what happens when you start throwing rocks at armored vehicles armed with heavy machine guns, grenade launchers, and autocannon.

indian-wall-trump.jpg

Good thing that hard leftists LOVE eminent domain. Raw government power!

Karma is coming for you at lighting speed!

Forum List

Back