🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Tom Price going after medicaid , next will be Medicare

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
The group, the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS), holds positions that are at wide variance with basics of federal health policy. It opposes Medicare, the government’s health insurance for older Americans, and it offers extensive training to doctors on how to opt out of the program. It also opposes mandatory vaccination as “equivalent to human experimentation,” a stance contrary to requirements in every state and recommendations of major medical organizations and the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Such positions are part of an underlying credo, which Price has long espoused, that doctors should be autonomous in treating their patients — with far fewer government rules, medical quality standards, insurance coverage limits and legal penalties when they make mistakes. The congressman’s ardent hostility toward the Affordable Care Act, before its passage in 2010 and ever since, springs from that credo’s anti-government sentiment.

Tom Price belongs to a doctors group with unorthodox views on government and health care

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

another sub human in our congress and now in the T admin. He also charters jets now that he is the health secretary to go from Wash to Philly. Such a big shot.
Price’s private-jet travel breaks precedent

Trump didn't get rid of the swamp, he just filled it up with bigger swamp creatures.

About half of the old in this country couldn't afford basic care if their lives depended on it. Assholes like Price will end up killing a lot of people and causing unimaginable suffering...He'll do it to make the wealthy richer at the cost of the old.

It is just sick.

About half of the old in this country couldn't afford basic care if their lives depended on it. Assholes like Price will end up killing a lot of people and causing unimaginable suffering...He'll do it to make the wealthy richer at the cost of the old.

It is just sick.

Yep, you are right , its just sick.

Just to make some billionaire richer = we'll kill millions of old people and cause unimaginable pain. Can't be having government single payer you know!!!

Do you fucking rural idiots realize that a lot of your hospitals will be shutting down and you will also pay more for healthcare??? You aint all rich and you have older people in your families, right?/

It's wondrous, it's epic, it's beloved by all Americans .. :thewave:

Obamacare is just great and absolutely no one has suffered physically or financially because of it, heck, not even one death.

... and it's sooo much cheaper and fair than promised ... Wow

After 7 years of operation it's a well oiled machine, a perfect example of Democratic Party success for all Americans...

th (4).jpg

:alcoholic:

Last edited:
GOP Doctors Caucus

"My general feeling whenever I see any of their names, is that of contempt," says Don McCanne, a family medicine physician in California who is past president of the Physicians for a National Health Program. "The fact that they all signed on to repeal of ACA while supporting policies that would leave so many worse off demonstrated to me that they did not represent the traditional Hippocratic traditions which place the patient first."

GOP Docs Rise To Power As Congress Retools Health Care Law

Just to make some billionaire richer = we'll kill millions of old people and cause unimaginable pain. Can't be having government single payer you know!!!

Do you fucking rural idiots realize that a lot of your hospitals will be shutting down and you will also pay more for healthcare??? You aint all rich and you have older people in your families, right?/

If the elites didn't vote for Trump, those who didn't know the ACA was the same as Obamacare did you know the "poorly educated" T loved so much.

You do realize that it is Obama's unaffordable healthcare that stole billions of dollars from Medicare? That with ObamaUnCare, that the life expectancy of old people lowered? Yep liberals are the stupidest people in the Universe.
Obamacare To Slash Hundreds Of Billions From Medicare Advantage Over Next 10 Years
CMS's proposed cuts would have come on top of $202 billion in cuts to Medicare Advantage prescribed by Obamacare. Taken together, seniors would have been facing benefit cuts and cost increases of as much as $90 a month -- or more than $1,000 a year.
U.S. Life Expectancy Declines Under Obama and ObamaCare - GraniteGrok
In 2015 US Life Expectancy declined for the first time since 1993. I say we blame ObamaCare. And why not? We’re this to happen under a Republican administration (and keep in mind the last time was also under a Democrat), they and their policies would be the leading cause.

Ezekiel Emanuel says elderly are 'feeble, ineffectual and pathetic' | Daily Mail Online
  • Physician Ezekiel Emanuel is a former Obama health policy adviser
  • Rejects the American 'obsession with an endlessly extended life'
  • Writes in essay: 'For many reasons, 75 is a pretty good age to aim to stop'

It is just sick.

That's what I have never understood, small as some reimbursements may be many doctors built their practices off the backs of people on Medicare and Medicaid. Many nonprofit hospitals have built mega hospitals off the backs of people on Medicare and Medicaid. Ten thousand baby boomers daily turning 65 and receiving Medicare. The older almost washed up docs do push extinction of Medicare and Medicaid but does the doc that's only been practicing for 10 years or so think for one minute their patients are going to pay them cash if they lose M or M? Nope the patients will forego treatment and die and the doc will be on that is washed up and dirt broke after 10 years or so of practice.

You do realize that it is Obama's unaffordable healthcare that stole billions of dollars from Medicare? That with ObamaUnCare, that the life expectancy of old people lowered? Yep liberals are the stupidest people in the Universe.
Obamacare To Slash Hundreds Of Billions From Medicare Advantage Over Next 10 Years
CMS's proposed cuts would have come on top of $202 billion in cuts to Medicare Advantage prescribed by Obamacare. Taken together, seniors would have been facing benefit cuts and cost increases of as much as $90 a month -- or more than $1,000 a year.
U.S. Life Expectancy Declines Under Obama and ObamaCare - GraniteGrok
In 2015 US Life Expectancy declined for the first time since 1993. I say we blame ObamaCare. And why not? We’re this to happen under a Republican administration (and keep in mind the last time was also under a Democrat), they and their policies would be the leading cause.

Ezekiel Emanuel says elderly are 'feeble, ineffectual and pathetic' | Daily Mail Online
  • Physician Ezekiel Emanuel is a former Obama health policy adviser
  • Rejects the American 'obsession with an endlessly extended life'
  • Writes in essay: 'For many reasons, 75 is a pretty good age to aim to stop'

Earlier this month, officials at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services announced that they'd increase payments in the market-based Medicare Advantage program by 3.3 percent next year.

The decision is remarkable, as CMS hinted just two months ago that it would reduce payments by 2.2 percent in 2014.

The CMS flip-flop is good news for seniors and taxpayers alike. But Medicare Advantage is not out of the woods yet. Obamacare is set to slash hundreds of billions from the program over the next 10 years.

That's a mistake. Medicare Advantage delivers better care at lower cost than does conventional Medicare. The program should be expanded -- not cut, as the president and his allies advocate.

Some 14 million seniors -- more than a quarter of all beneficiaries -- have enrolled in Medicare Advantage.

You cherry picked what to post of article. Plan payments from CMS to companies may have or will go down but payments to insurers also depend heavily on the star ratings, the higher the rating the more they receive for a particular enrollee. The reductions may or may never happen. You failed to mention the gap (donut hole) in the drug part of Med Advantage is closing by 2020. You failed to mention some insurance companies for 2018 are actually lowering co pays on their Med Advantage plans as well as keeping the premiums the same or lowering them. Of course you failed to mention all this because you don't know what you're talking about. So if you don't know what you're talking about why the hell get into a conversation?

If the elites didn't vote for Trump, those who didn't know the ACA was the same as Obamacare did you know the "poorly educated" T loved so much.

Can you believe it? All these years and I had some woman yesterday tell me they were not the same and she wanted nothing to do with obamacare but wanted one of those ACA plans to cover her pre x. If it was open enrollment time I would have played along but she did not have a SEP so I tried to school her and she hung up. lol

Can you believe it? All these years and I had some woman yesterday tell me they were not the same and she wanted nothing to do with obamacare but wanted one of those ACA plans to cover her pre x. If it was open enrollment time I would have played along but she did not have a SEP so I tried to school her and she hung up. lol

Oh I do believe it, and what they did was just voted themselves out of affording a decent health insurance plan. I bet a lot of people just have no clue about health insurance, and how it use to be before the ACA. Its going to be a sad state of affairs if they do repeal the ACA.

Oh I do believe it, and what they did was just voted themselves out of affording a decent health insurance plan. I bet a lot of people just have no clue about health insurance, and how it use to be before the ACA. Its going to be a sad state of affairs if they do repeal the ACA.

My state is solid red, 95% of my clients are solid red and about 85% being heavily subsidized. Those are the ones that have been calling for two months asking what is going to happen? I ask, Did you vote for Trump, well of course they say. Then I reply you better ask your President what is going to happen.

My state is solid red, 95% of my clients are solid red and about 85% being heavily subsidized. Those are the ones that have been calling for two months asking what is going to happen? I ask, Did you vote for Trump, well of course they say. Then I reply you better ask your President what is going to happen.

These are very short sighted people that don't realize that they're screwing themselves. How many of you old white republicans can pay 16k more per year??? Are you really all rich enough to laugh this off?

AARP: Older Americans to pay $16K more under GOP ObamaCare repeal
BY PETER SULLIVAN - 09/21/17 09:30 AM EDT
A new study from the AARP finds that older people could pay as much as $16,174 more per year for health coverage under the Republican bill to repeal ObamaCare sponsored by Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and Bill Cassidy (R-La.).

The bill “threatens to make health care unaffordable and inaccessible for millions of older Americans,” AARP, which opposes the measure, writes in the report.

The study finds that on average nationwide, a 60-year-old making $25,000 per year would have to pay as much as $16,174 more per year for health insurance. That is a result of the possible elimination of two kinds of ObamaCare subsidies, which help people afford their premiums and out of pocket costs

These are very short sighted people that don't realize that they're screwing themselves. How many of you old white republicans can pay 16k more per year??? Are you really all rich enough to laugh this off?

BY PETER SULLIVAN - 09/21/17 09:30 AM EDT
A new study from the AARP finds that older people could pay as much as $16,174 more per year for health coverage under the Republican bill to repeal ObamaCare sponsored by Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and Bill Cassidy (R-La.).

The bill “threatens to make health care unaffordable and inaccessible for millions of older Americans,” AARP, which opposes the measure, writes in the report.

The study finds that on average nationwide, a 60-year-old making $25,000 per year would have to pay as much as $16,174 more per year for health insurance. That is a result of the possible elimination of two kinds of ObamaCare subsidies, which help people afford their premiums and out of pocket costs

I suspect they will go without and then blame Obama even though they reaped the rewards with heavily subsidized policies the past 4 years.

Forum List

Back