Too funny....'black' NAACP leader outed as white

Why do people think Jon Stewart is funny?
Because he is. That doesn't explain why one would find this story funny.

No he is not, which is the point, everyone has a different opinion on what they think is funny. To some this is funny, to some Stewart is funny, I find neither funny.

Yes he is. If he weren't, his show wouldn't have lasted.

Your comparison is misguided.

Perhaps it's the rightwing sense of what's funny that is warped.

You're a moron. People on the right and left are laughing their collective asses off at this story.

Can you explain what's funny about it?

This was your thread -- your title is "Black NAACP Leader Outed as White". I take it you believe you have to be black to be associated with the NAACP?

Obviously there are a lot of people that are finding this hilarious. ..no? Come on, it's freaking funny. You have a white lady who fooled everyone about being black. That in it of itself is funny. What makes this really funny is how she was able to fool people enough to be considered one of the prominent black leaders of that comunity.

I'm still laughing @ "honorary black woman", you left loons are too fucking stupid to live.
It's always a hoot when their PC and Identity Politics comes back to bite 'em.

They get very nasty when that happens, and that's when the goofy stuff starts.

Who exactly is "playing identity politics" in a thread agonizing over skin color?
That's why I don't get this thread.

Bo hit it on the head back in post 35:

It really just shows how absurd the fixation on RACE is.

Indeed it does. SMH...
A woman says she's a different race, she quits an organization that is based specifically on race, an entire end of the political spectrum divides people by race by using hyphenation, and you're calling reaction to this absurd.

Thanks, this just gets better.

When did she say she was a different race? No one has been able to quote her saying she was African American.

I'm still laughing @ "honorary black woman", you left loons are too fucking stupid to live.

Who exactly is "playing identity politics" in a thread agonizing over skin color?

Indeed it does. SMH...
A woman says she's a different race, she quits an organization that is based specifically on race, an entire end of the political spectrum divides people by race by using hyphenation, and you're calling reaction to this absurd.

I guess she had to color herself. I mean it is the NAACP.

No he is not, which is the point, everyone has a different opinion on what they think is funny. To some this is funny, to some Stewart is funny, I find neither funny.

You're a moron. People on the right and left are laughing their collective asses off at this story.

This was your thread -- your title is "Black NAACP Leader Outed as White". I take it you believe you have to be black to be associated with the NAACP?

Obviously there are a lot of people that are finding this hilarious. ..no? Come on, it's freaking funny. You have a white lady who fooled everyone about being black. That in it of itself is funny. What makes this really funny is how she was able to fool people enough to be considered one of the prominent black leaders of that comunity.

I wonder how much she spent on spray tan over the years

Indeed it does. SMH...

When did she say she was a different race? No one has been able to quote her saying she was African American.
:laugh:

Indeed it does. SMH...

I guess she had to color herself. I mean it is the NAACP.
Co-founded by whites.

Indeed it does. SMH...

Does that mean you dont have a quote?
laugh.gif

I wonder how much she spent on spray tan over the years
Not to mention the fortune in curly perms.

Imagine having to spin/deflect for this woman.

She wants so badly to be a victim, so look at what she chooses to do.

Yikes. Ugly. Funny, but ugly.

She chose to reject your sordid culture. Dont be mad at her.

She was tired of being portrayed as being nothing more than part of the "white privilege" majority.
Being something else, opens up not only a world where she would be seen as a victim, but a world where her thoughts and feelings are taken more seriously, not only by her peers, but academic employers, and civic leaders.
Had she been able to continue to pull this off, she would have rose in the ranks, not only in the NAACP, but more importantly academia, and in whatever state and munincipality she chose to live in.

Indeed it does. SMH...

laugh.gif
There's nothing I can say to you.

I'm just a little surprised you're even doing this.

She was tired of being portrayed as being nothing more than part of the "white privilege" majority.
Being something else, opens up not only a world where she would be seen as a victim, but a world where her thoughts and feelings are taken more seriously, not only by her peers, but academic employers, and civic leaders.
Had she been able to continue to pull this off, she would have rose in the ranks, not only in the NAACP, but more importantly academia, and in whatever state and munincipality she chose to live in.
When did she tell you this? Thats not what I read from her statement.

Indeed it does. SMH...

laugh.gif
There's nothing I can say to you.

I'm just a little surprised you're even doing this.

So you admit you lied when you claimed she said she was a different race?

Why are you surprised? Shes on my side.

Of course, no one in her shoes would ever admit to this. Probably not even to themselves.

Why do people think Jon Stewart is funny?

I'm hardly a moron. Perhaps you shouldn't measure me by your own limited intellect.

I'm not laughing. And neither is anyone else who isn't a partisan rightwing hack. Most people find it strange and don't understand why she did what she did. Me? I feel sorry for her.

Trust me I've been reading your posts for a few years - you are nothing short of a moron. There is nothing political about this story whatsoever. You are the only poster that is trying to make it political. ..that is because...well..you are a mindless hack.

Of course, no one in her shoes would ever admit to this. Probably not even to themselves.
So you admit you really dont know what youre talking about?

Indeed it does. SMH...
A woman says she's a different race

-- still waiting to actually see this...

, she quits an organization that is based specifically on race

--- still waiting to see this too, where NAACP requires its members to be black.

To the contrary, from a link given early in this thread:

According to James Wilburn, the past president of the Spokane chapter of the NAACP, being a person of color is not a requirement to become president of that organization.

"It is traditional to have a person of color in that position, but that hasn't always been the case in Spokane," Wilburn said, adding that a woman of European descent was elected president of the organization in the 1990s. In fact, Wilburn said, at least half - if not a majority - of the Spokane Chapter members are of European descent.
Doesn't seem to support the meme. And every time I inquire about this, the inquiree runs away.

, an entire end of the political spectrum divides people by race by using hyphenation

Contemporary language is determined by popular use, not political spectra.

, and you're calling reaction to this absurd.

It might get better if you can quote me on "absurd". I don't have enough info to judge that. I have yet to see anyone explain what the skin issue is.

I'm hardly a moron. Perhaps you shouldn't measure me by your own limited intellect.

I'm not laughing. And neither is anyone else who isn't a partisan rightwing hack. Most people find it strange and don't understand why she did what she did. Me? I feel sorry for her.

Trust me I've been reading your posts for a few years - you are nothing short of a moron. There is nothing political about this story whatsoever. You are the only poster that is trying to make it political. ..that is because...well..you are a mindless hack.

Then what IS it about? Still waiting on that question about your title here... :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back