Top 10 things destroying America

Which of these is most destroying America?

• The Deficit

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Threat of Terrorism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Partisanship

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Unemployment

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Illegal Immigration

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Dependence on Middle Eastern Oil

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • The State of the Media

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • A Clueless Electorate

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Government Secrecy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Justin Bieber

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The problem with this poll is that you give a list of 10 things destroying this country, but then you restrict our choice to only one. I'm not ready to pin it all on only one. It should have been a multiple choice poll.

Eh I was pretty drunk

I agree, I wanted to vote for multiple choices. but was stick on voting for' A Clueless Electorate'

We are way past a "clueless" electorate.

We are deep in Willfully Stupid territory.

What we really need is an ability to incorporate all (or most) of those choices into a Prioritized List...

With each of us voting on Priorities for all of them...

With the composite results of all of our Priorities, published for all to see and comment upon...

America is plagued by a variety of problems... not just one...

And if I have to choose one or the other, then I surrender my ability to emphasize the importance of the others, as well...

I doubt that this board-survey technology is sufficiently sophisticated nor flexible, to accommodate such higher-order statistics-gathering and publishing...

The welfare/warfare State and rampant, unwaivering Statism. Which you coul dessentially chaulk up to ignorance, herd mentality and complacency.

The single biggest threat to America is the National Educational Association. Public school teachers are turning out children's brains into mush. On top of the fact that they are failing miserably to teach basic skills needed for survival, they are brainwashing our kids with leftist crap. If we don't separate the government from the education of our young, this nation will end up circling the toilet bowl in short order.

Fascinating to see who's all into "mind control".

Kinda figures too.

I'd have to say the lack of adequate campaign finance reform.

We don't need campaign finance reform. You are addressing the symptom rather than the disease.

If you take away the reason for a special interest to give a lot of cash to a politician's campaign, you eliminate the corruption.

For instance, tax breaks. If we banned tax expenditures, a special interest would have no reason to donate to a Congressman to give them a tax break if the Congressman no longer had the power to do that.

The single biggest threat to America is the National Educational Association. Public school teachers are turning out children's brains into mush. On top of the fact that they are failing miserably to teach basic skills needed for survival, they are brainwashing our kids with leftist crap. If we don't separate the government from the education of our young, this nation will end up circling the toilet bowl in short order.

Kinda figures too.

ROFL! You think public schools don't indoctrinate students? You have to be terminally naive to believe that.

A Clueless Electorate and The State of the Media go hand in hand.
Actually that should read "the State Media" instead of "State of the Media" it would be more appropriate.
Hard to figure which is worse, would we have a Clueless Electorate if we had decent media? Maybe but I doubt it would be as bad as it is now.

A Clueless Electorate and The State of the Media go hand in hand.
Actually that should read "the State Media" instead of "State of the Media" it would be more appropriate.
Hard to figure which is worse, would we have a Clueless Electorate if we had decent media? Maybe but I doubt it would be as bad as it is now.

The reason we have a state run media is the fact that we have a state educated media. Public universities are brain washing mills for pumping out good obedient servants of the state.

Last edited:

Kinda figures too.

ROFL! You think public schools don't indoctrinate students? You have to be terminally naive to believe that.

The word "naive" -- posted by Fingerboy... :rofl:

What I think is that kids as they grow will figure things out (except maybe in your case) as they grow, even if they've been misled in school. I certainly did. What's your excuse?

I just note who it is that wants control of those little minds in his naive belief that he can "program" them to his own likeness. No doubt Doctor Evil programmed you to think that, and being easily led, you're parroting him.

:cuckoo:

How about uncontrolled consumption of sugar, salts, and fat? Our food culture sucks, and is why our obesity rates are through the roof.

Liberalism and the progressive left suffering from an advanced case of retarded political correctness is what's ruining America.

How about uncontrolled consumption of sugar, salts, and fat? Our food culture sucks, and is why our obesity rates are through the roof.

Had a guest, yesterday, give me the same lecture about us not having enough vegetable choices.
She ended up ordering sauteed spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes with a side order of corn.

We live in a supply/demand society.
Unless and until the demand pushes us into more veggies we will continue to sell Tiramisu and Jelly Donut pancakes
:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back