Top 3% of U.S. Taxpayers Paid Majority of Income Taxes in 2016

Top 3% received the greatest benefit from the collective efforts of all the rest, especially the "defense" provided.

As a member of the top 3% ?
You're a fuken liar. I receive nothing from the gov.
not even a financed tax break that helps make You richer simply passing on greater Debt, to the People.

You obviously dont know who the 3% consists of.
did You receive any benefit from the tax break? The Poor still have to pay higher rent prices, higher gas prices; and need a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage and unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed.

If you knew anything about the tax cuts you'd know i received almost zero benefit.

Until the Tax Code includes a per capita maximum tax amount, it can never be truly fair.

Once you have paid ... pick a number... then you have paid enough. Make it a million dollars - i don't care - but for the maximum to be open ended, thus punishing success, it is unfair.
The right wing needs to pay for their warfare programs;

In consideration of the monstrous sacrifice in property and blood that each war demands of the people, personal enrichment through a war must be designated as a crime against the people. Therefore, we demand the total confiscation of all war profits.

We do. Considering we pay the majority of taxes.
You should not be making Profit; not for profit is what we should be saving as the difference.

So you're saying we shouldnt be paid or our work?
You seem to have a twisted idea of who the top 3% are.

We're people who have worked hard and invested wisely.
How can you think you deserve a bigger cut when you've done nothing to earn it?

Paid for your work? Really? How high of a tax rate is too high? Is it fifty percent? Eighty percent?

Take a single mother with two children earning around twenty grand a year. She gets the EITC. She gets SNAP benefits. If she works another job, or maybe pulls some overtime, well she gets to keep about fifteen cents out of ever dollar she earns. That gives her a marginal tax rate of 85%. Would you work for fifteen cents on the dollar? And yet I am sure you are one of the asshats yelling those low income people should get better jobs. The way I look at it, if we expect that single mother to be happy with fifteen cents on the dollar we should have no problem letting our highest income earners keep only fifteen cents on the dollar.

Thats on her.
I made chump money when I was young yet I did something about it.

Top 3% received the greatest benefit from the collective efforts of all the rest, especially the "defense" provided.

not even a financed tax break that helps make You richer simply passing on greater Debt, to the People.

I only know those who Proclaim loudly in public venues the virtues of Tax Cut economics.

did You receive any benefit from the tax break? The Poor still have to pay higher rent prices, higher gas prices; and need a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage and unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed.

If you knew anything about the tax cuts you'd know i received almost zero benefit.
the "poor boys of the rich"; no wonder you "complain about working harder".

The right wing needs to pay for their warfare programs;

In consideration of the monstrous sacrifice in property and blood that each war demands of the people, personal enrichment through a war must be designated as a crime against the people. Therefore, we demand the total confiscation of all war profits.

You should not be making Profit; not for profit is what we should be saving as the difference.

Paid for your work? Really? How high of a tax rate is too high? Is it fifty percent? Eighty percent?

Take a single mother with two children earning around twenty grand a year. She gets the EITC. She gets SNAP benefits. If she works another job, or maybe pulls some overtime, well she gets to keep about fifteen cents out of ever dollar she earns. That gives her a marginal tax rate of 85%. Would you work for fifteen cents on the dollar? And yet I am sure you are one of the asshats yelling those low income people should get better jobs. The way I look at it, if we expect that single mother to be happy with fifteen cents on the dollar we should have no problem letting our highest income earners keep only fifteen cents on the dollar.

Thats on her.
the wealthy "making it", under Capitalism; who cares. we know Jesus the Christ thought you were a bunch of "socially moral parasites", who won't "make it to Heaven, without social intervention".

I only know those who Proclaim loudly in public venues the virtues of Tax Cut economics.

I refuse to spend large sums of money when taxes are high if I can avoid it..

Yeah.....and i'll continue to make the poor poorer as long as I have to spend more money for everyday life.
Oh well....

Thats on her.
the wealthy "making it", under Capitalism; who cares. we know Jesus the Christ thought you were a bunch of "socially moral parasites", who won't "make it to Heaven, without social intervention".

Dont try that shit on me.
I'm not a Church goer.

I refuse to spend large sums of money when taxes are high if I can avoid it..
understandable. why not much advocacy for limiting government to the expressly enumerated powers?

The power to provide for the general welfare and common defense are express. there is no power to provide for the general warfare or the common offense.

the Power to Provide for the general welfare is general.

Yeah.....and i'll continue to make the poor poorer as long as I have to spend more money for everyday life.
Oh well....
You should work on your character more; Good Christians have no social problem helping the Poor.

Not rich enough to be that, Generous?

Thats on her.

I'm not a Church goer.
the point is, if it is not about morals; it must be about ethics.

Thats on her.

I'm not a Church goer.

I'm the guy who gives back the incorrect change when it's in my favor.
In fact when we left petsmart the other day they didnt charge us for a $125 puppy pen. We went back and paid so dont talk to me about ethics and morals.

Thats on her.

I'm not a Church goer.

In fact when we left petsmart the other day they didnt charge us for a $125 puppy pen. We went back and paid so dont talk to me about ethics and morals.
You should apply ethics to your arguments.

Thats on her.

I'm not a Church goer.

You should apply ethics to your arguments.

I already have.
I take nothing that I didnt earn.

Well we know its not 47% of the population

-Geaux
raise the minimum wage until the poor pay enough in taxes.
No, let the poor get a higher paying job, then they will pay higher taxes.

-Geaux

WTF?...who is not letting people get a better paying job?

But intill they do get one, minimum wage ensures they are minimaly compensated for their labor.

29 million filthy, low iQ, illiterate wetbacks that can’t speak the native language and have zero communication skills fuck shit all up don’t they?

No you stupid racist shit. Those "wetbacks that can't speak the native language" pay billions, yes BILLIONS with a B, in Social Security taxes and they will never collect a dime. Better yet, you never ever hear them bitch about it. In my book, that makes them more of a "real American" than you can ever hope to be.

All good, real Americans hate illegal wetbacks, they hate all criminals...sorry bud
https://www.ssa.gov/oact/NOTES/pdf_notes/note151.pdf
Let's analyze the numbers....so 3.1 million illegals of the bullshit estimation of 11 million paid an average of $349 per month toward social security and Medicare according to those figures....right?
So let's look at what they steal from American taxpayers shall we?
In 2010, the average unlawful immigrant household received around $24,721 in government benefits and services while paying some $10,334 in taxes. This generated an average annual fiscal deficit (benefits received minus taxes paid) of around $14,387 per household. This cost had to be borne by U.S. taxpayers... Under current law, all unlawful immigrant households together have an aggregate annual deficit of around $54.5 billion.
What else can I teach your wetback loving ass?

The top 1% own 40% of the wealth, so the top tax rate needs to pay most of the Federal taxes, RAISE THE TOP RATE!!
Washington Post: Breaking News, World, US, DC News & Analysis

The top 1% CREATED their own wealth and pay your way....CREATE your own wealth and pay your own way. You’re a big boy.

Bullshit! Most of them inherited their wealth. Many of them are benefiting from the Corporate tax cuts as stocks rise. The Budget Deficit, that pays for the military to protect their wealth, is $900b this year. The chart below clearly shows that the top tax rate can increase to cover the Deficit since they received nearly all of the financial gains. They may have made those financial gains by moving the US factories overseas to take advantage of the low wages and lax environmental laws. We don't want the US to become Mexico with 99% peons and 1% super-rich.

View attachment 222758

Haha...”most of them inherited their wealth”.....BULLSHIT!
Sounds like you’re after a little dose of commie-lite...no?
Do you ever listen to yourself?
“Excuse me neighbor, you’re more successful than I am and you’ve done better for yourself than I have so I’m gonna need you to pay my way… Oh and by the way, my buddy here Gustavo, he’s from Mexico and I’m going to need you to pay his way as well.”

The scary thing is, the beggars don’t even realize how fucking stupid that sounds.

Very few people are "self-made" millionaires, please see the following link, its factual not bullshit:
Wealth, Inheritance and Social Mobility
  1. Inheritance Matters. An estimated 35 to 45 percent of wealth is inherited rather than self-made, according to Kopczuk’s review of the literature.
  2. Inheritance Could Hurt Mobility, especially when combined with the other advantages that wealthy parents provide their children (such as more engaged parenting, better schooling, help with paying for college or investing in a home, and all kinds of social capital or useful connections). As Richard Reeves argues, wealth helps to create a “glass floor”, below which children in privileged families cannot fall.
From the IRS site - I don't see any "commie-lite"; everyone pays, the top rates are way too low to fund the government 161,000/600,000 = 27% while the median family pays 8,907/77,400 = 12% but with a lot less money for their family.

So the Federal Budget is $3.9T with only $3.0T of revenue, we borrow about $900b a year, we need to cut spending and raise revenue, or the government becomes Greece, and we all lose. What sounds stupid is continued borrowing, and the wealthy had better stop whining...it won't affect the lifestyles, of the rich and obnoxious.

I’m not sure what you call it in LibTardia...here in the real world we call it commie-lite when you ask Father Government to take from your neighbor and give to you.
See, the mistake you commie-lite proponents make is simple, rather than advocate for Father Government to spend less you advocate to steal more from good, productive people to fund the overspending. Make sense?

You are laboring under a false assumption. I'm a conservative a real fiscal conservative, I've never taken a dime from the government. So before you start squealing again think before you post. My point is that the government needs to cover at least $3.9T in spending. I don't give a fuck who pays the taxes, but Congress must stop the borrowing before its too late. Simpson-Bowles tried to balance the Budget back in 2010
National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform - Wikipedia with the following final plan that was broken down into six major components (savings are 2012–2020):
  1. $1,661 billion of discretionary spending cuts by putting in place discretionary spending caps into law lower than what is projected to be spent.
  2. $995 billion in additional revenue with $785 billion in new revenues from tax reform by lowering income and corporate tax rates and broadening the base by eliminating tax expenditures. An additional $210 billion in revenue is also raised in other revenue by switching to the Chained-CPI and an increase in the federal gasoline tax
  3. $341 billion in federal health care savings by reforming the Sustainable Growth Rate for Medicare, repeals the CLASS Act (which has already happened), increase Medicare cost sharing, reform health-care tort, change provider payments, increase drug rebates and establishes a long-term budget for total federal health-care spending after 2020 to GDP + 1 percent.
  4. $215 billion in other mandatory savings by moving to the Chained CPI for all inflation-indexed programs, reform the military and civil service retirement system, reduce farm subsidies, reduce student loans and various other reforms.
  5. $238 billion in Social Security reform, to be used to ensure the program is sustainably solvent in the infinite horizon by slowing benefit growth for high and medium-income workers, increase the early and normal retirement age to 68 by 2050 and 69 by 2075 by indexing it to longevity, index cost of living adjustments to the Chained-CPI, include newly hired state and local workers after 2020, increase the payroll tax cap to cover 90 percent of wages by 2050 and creates a new minimum and old-age benefit.
  6. Budget Process Reforms by creating discretionary spending caps and caps total federal revenue at 20 percent of GDP.
The plan also proposed an additional $673 billion in savings, due to lower projected spending interest payments as a result from lower deficits.

If the GOP doesn't soon address the Debt the dems will, and it will be a lot worse for the top tax bracket the longer we wait.

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-15_19-36-35.png
    upload_2018-10-15_19-36-35.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 8
No, let the poor get a higher paying job, then they will pay higher taxes.

-Geaux

WTF?...who is not letting people get a better paying job?

But intill they do get one, minimum wage ensures they are minimaly compensated for their labor.

29 million filthy, low iQ, illiterate wetbacks that can’t speak the native language and have zero communication skills fuck shit all up don’t they?

No you stupid racist shit. Those "wetbacks that can't speak the native language" pay billions, yes BILLIONS with a B, in Social Security taxes and they will never collect a dime. Better yet, you never ever hear them bitch about it. In my book, that makes them more of a "real American" than you can ever hope to be.
Majority use stolen fake SS numbers

-Geaux

Persactly. So they pay the Social Security tax, know they will get nothing out of it, and never bitch a bit. We need more people like that, not less.
No we don't need more law breakers... That's why they are illegals

-Geaux

Forum List

Back