Torture is wrong and unAmerican, nothing but neo-con filth

So basically we question terrorists with the soft pillow and the comfy chair?
Because that's the ONLY other option besides torture.

Yes, we can give them a talking to and maybe write a stern letter to back it up.

Here's the thing, since you classify anything they don't like as "torture," you've already removed anything more than the soft pillow and comfy chair as options.

BTW, how long do we have before you lose our bet the Republicans will impeach Obama? Not hearing a peep about that happening. Was it six months?
They have until November 2016, do they not?

Depends on what your definition of 'Torture' is is. Everyone has a different version of torture. There is no consensus on the definition of torture.

No, you are wrong. There is a legal definition.

Ramsey Clark should have saved Osama from his fate so that he could have had a fair trial.....
To please progressives....and the French delicate sensibilities. Lol
Bush and the GOP let him go. So they could "liberate" Iraq. Republicans even helped Iraqi's write their own constitution. I suspect Republicans think this is the best part:

Article 2:

First: Islam is the official religion of the State and it is a fundamental source of legislation:

A. No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.

Full Text of Iraqi Constitution

No matter what Republicans say about Democrats, the GOP will always be known as the party that let Bin Laden go and stopped looking for him barely 6 months after 9/11. They sent young Americans off to die in Iraq for no apparent reason other than to give Dick Cheney's friends big money contracts.
Republicans did that. They refuse to take responsibility for what they did, but they can't hide from the facts.

They don't see it that way. To them living is all that matters, not how. They would rather live as slaves than die as free men but since they don't know themselves they will never admit to such a thing. If the choice were renounce Jesus and live, or keep him and die, out goes Jesus, he'll forgive them they think. The same with rape your daughter and you both live or don't and you both die. Off will come those cute cotton panties 99 out of a 100 times. Living to them is all that really matters, obviously.

This coming from someone who wants the government to tell us how to live down to levels of minutiae is comical.
No, that's not me. I'm the guy who believes the elites should rule, like the Founders, and for good reasons. The pitchforks make terrible decisions, like in the case of using torture for instance.

Or making bakers make cakes for gay couples.
That's correct, if you bake wedding cakes that is, since there is no difference between a straight wedding cake and a gay wedding cake. Do your job, bake cakes for those with money to pay. Baking cakes is not serving God, it's business.

So much for freedom and morals. You fucking liar I caught your ass. Nice try.
No, what you fail to understand is the difference between Personal Morals and Business Ethics. Society gets to set the rules businesses follow. Your morality, beyond what we enforce as a society, is up to you. You can cheat when playing cards with friends but not when baking cakes for gays. One we have a say in, and one is on you. Don't cheat BTW, you won't have friends for long.

Here's the bottom line boys: If you approve of torture, for any reason at all, then you are not moral. If your country dose the same, then your country is worthy of nothing and cannot call itself a moral nation. In the end, if you cannot stand by when you might have been able to save lives by ignoring your morality, your core principles, then the only thing that really matters to you is survival, and that places you at the bottom of the chart. As long as you can live with that, do so, but stop pretending to be moral, when you aren't.

Your position is one of a coward. It relies on aristotilian logic and ignoring the need for some forms of violence when called for. That you support government using threat of force on its OWN citizens for something as trivial as a wedding cake is proof of your cowardice.

This coming from someone who wants the government to tell us how to live down to levels of minutiae is comical.
No, that's not me. I'm the guy who believes the elites should rule, like the Founders, and for good reasons. The pitchforks make terrible decisions, like in the case of using torture for instance.

That's correct, if you bake wedding cakes that is, since there is no difference between a straight wedding cake and a gay wedding cake. Do your job, bake cakes for those with money to pay. Baking cakes is not serving God, it's business.

No, what you fail to understand is the difference between Personal Morals and Business Ethics. Society gets to set the rules businesses follow. Your morality, beyond what we enforce as a society, is up to you. You can cheat when playing cards with friends but not when baking cakes for gays. One we have a say in, and one is on you. Don't cheat BTW, you won't have friends for long.

That's a line that you made up because it suits you, nothing more.

Why not stick to debating the issue rather than trying to make a speculative personal attack? Do you have a response to the point?

I get really pissed too, but you are probably the most logical of all the folks on this thread who is taking your position. Don't toss that.

When responding to you and a few others I have no issue staying on point, PaintMyTwat on the other hand, has earned or deserves neither.
I have actual morals, and this is causing you to act out. Those willing to die for their convictions tend to cause such outbursts. It's an ugly mirror that I'm holding up for you, to see yourself as a lower animal, wedded to survival, to life, above all other things. Not to worry little friend, you have plenty of company, about seven billion of them actually.

Lol, willing to post on a message board about it is really all you can prove. Nice use of the standard "I'm a higher lifeform than you" trolling method.

You can still go suck government dick.
Ever the partisan, and missing the truths completely. So be it.

Being called a hack by a hack has no weight.

In the binary world of the right wing, that's how things work.
Black or white.
Up or down.
Left or right.
Hot or cold.
Either or.

No nuance.

Nothing in between.

No thought.

No plan.

There is plenty of nuance in my posts below the one you quoted. I suggest you read further before opening your pie-hole.
At least you admit that one was "binary".

Its actually called sarcasm.

Here's the bottom line boys: If you approve of torture, for any reason at all, then you are not moral. If your country dose the same, then your country is worthy of nothing and cannot call itself a moral nation. In the end, if you cannot stand by when you might have been able to save lives by ignoring your morality, your core principles, then the only thing that really matters to you is survival, and that places you at the bottom of the chart. As long as you can live with that, do so, but stop pretending to be moral, when you aren't.

Your position is one of a coward. It relies on aristotilian logic and ignoring the need for some forms of violence when called for. That you support government using threat of force on its OWN citizens for something as trivial as a wedding cake is proof of your cowardice.
As usual, you have it backwards. The man willing to die for what he believes in isn't a coward, and what you believe in doesn't matter, when push comes to shove, as long as you survive. This has already been shown.

Yes, we can give them a talking to and maybe write a stern letter to back it up.

Here's the thing, since you classify anything they don't like as "torture," you've already removed anything more than the soft pillow and comfy chair as options.

BTW, how long do we have before you lose our bet the Republicans will impeach Obama? Not hearing a peep about that happening. Was it six months?

Depends on what your definition of 'Torture' is is. Everyone has a different version of torture. There is no consensus on the definition of torture.

Which our current interrogation techniques don't fit. Mental anguish is not torture or even police detectives would be deemed torturers.

That's a line that you made up because it suits you, nothing more.
No, that is reality. In some cases you set the rules, and in some cases we set the rules. When it comes to the cakes, we set the rules. When it comes to your faith, you do, mostly.

Republicans have been torturing America for the last 40 years. I really wish they would stop.

We were wrong to engage in many of the interrogation tactics that we used in the months and years following 9-11.

This is borne out by the lackluster results obtained and their relative insignificance in comparison to the PR (image) hit that we are taking (again).

We need to do a better job of culling the herd to determine those most likely to succumb to more conventional interrogation techniques.

And shoot the rest.

Torturers do as torturers do.

They don't want to be held accountable for their heinous deeds.

No criminals, such as many on the far neo-con right, want to be held accountable for criminal acts.

Criminals never want to be accountable.

Which our current interrogation techniques don't fit. Mental anguish is not torture or even police detectives would be deemed torturers.

Waterboarding is torture. By definition. We've prosecuted others for it.

Torturers do as torturers do.

They don't want to be held accountable for their heinous deeds.

No criminals, such as many on the far neo-con right, want to be held accountable for criminal acts.

Criminals never want to be accountable.

You make bumper stickers for a living, don't you?

We were wrong to engage in many of the interrogation tactics that we used in the months and years following 9-11.

This is borne out by the lackluster results obtained and their relative insignificance in comparison to the PR (image) hit that we are taking (again).

We need to do a better job of culling the herd to determine those most likely to succumb to more conventional interrogation techniques.

And shoot the rest.

Line em up against a wall and ask "Who's going to talk?"
No one answers ya shoot the first one. Pretty sure you'd have more conversationalist than you knew what to do with in short order.

Leftist pansys womanly indignation over waterboarding endures....
Their perpetual tears are quite embarrassing eh ?

Waterboarding is torture. By definition. We've prosecuted others for it.
We hung others for it actually, but it's okay now it seems, for them and for us. Happy days.

Forum List

Back