Torture is wrong and unAmerican, nothing but neo-con filth

So what I'm gathering is that the whole pro-torture argument is based on ... "but we're afraid ..."

Compelling argument, huh?

Those who have died to protect our ideals and principles were surely afraid too. But the difference is THEY had the courage to stand up for something.

If George Washington could defeat the most powerful military force of the day with a bunch of shopkeepers and farmers WITHOUT torture, what makes you think the United States of America can't handle these idiots without it? What a slap in the face to ALL Those - living and dead - who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces

Is that soap box high enough? The British met us on the field of battle, these current "warriors" go against every convention of modern war and conflict, and those caught do not deserve the protections allocated to those who DO follow modern conventions.

The difference is the patriots were willing to die for their beliefs. While you sissies are more than happy to cower in fear, trade in your principles and act just like them.

Terrorists forgo any consideration for their "rights" when they break the rules of war. Allowing them protections despite this vindicates their decision to violate said rules, and encourages it.

Torquemada would be proud of you...

Actually I believe it was the great Chinese warlord Sun Zhu who said "Never treat your enemy as a friend." That's marvelous advice, because if you see your enemy as anything other than what he is, you have lost the ability to treat him like the animal that he truly is.

So what I'm gathering is that the whole pro-torture argument is based on ... "but we're afraid ..."

Those who have died to protect our ideals and principles were surely afraid too. But the difference is THEY had the courage to stand up for something.

If George Washington could defeat the most powerful military force of the day with a bunch of shopkeepers and farmers WITHOUT torture, what makes you think the United States of America can't handle these idiots without it? What a slap in the face to ALL Those - living and dead - who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces

Yes, they are afraid little sissies that are happy to give up liberty, ethics and the rule of law for a false sense of safety. It's not a new thing. It's just funny to watch them continue to pull every boogeyman they can out from under their beds and try to scare me with them.

Sissies is what they are.
I question the point of torture, when it gives terrorist groups cause to hate America - and gives them training in how to torture people in Iraq and Syria (as they use the techniques they suffered while under torture).

Is that soap box high enough? The British met us on the field of battle, these current "warriors" go against every convention of modern war and conflict, and those caught do not deserve the protections allocated to those who DO follow modern conventions.

The difference is the patriots were willing to die for their beliefs. While you sissies are more than happy to cower in fear, trade in your principles and act just like them.

Terrorists forgo any consideration for their "rights" when they break the rules of war. Allowing them protections despite this vindicates their decision to violate said rules, and encourages it.

You still do not get that this isn't about them, it;s about us and who we are. So saying what you said is backwards. Turning into them and not maintaining our principles is what really vindicates them. But you just do not get it because you're scared and want safety.

What you are missing is that I don't give a rat's ass about the terrorists. I care about the United States of America. This is NOT about what we do to "them" it is about what some are trying to turn us into.

What you are missing is that I don't give a rat's ass about the terrorists. I care about the United States of America. This is NOT about what we do to "them" it is about what some are trying to turn us into.

Yep, read my last post in the thread.

Yes, they are afraid little sissies that are happy to give up liberty, ethics and the rule of law for a false sense of safety. It's not a new thing. It's just funny to watch them continue to pull every boogeyman they can out from under their beds and try to scare me with them.

Terrorist sympathizer.
Would rather see thousands of dead Americans than water board a terrorist.
Just cant wrap my head around that......

Terrorist sympathizer.

It's over your head. You're too caught up in being scared to understand. All I will say is it has nothing to do with apologizing for "terrorists" and has everything to do with not becoming just like them.

WAY over your head type stuff.

Terrorist sympathizer.

It's over your head. You're too caught up in being scared to understand. All I will say is it has nothing to do with apologizing for "terrorists" and has everything to do with not becoming just like them.

Which begs the question, do we want our policy set by people who admittedly don't understand the issue? ... who can't "wrap their head around" what this does to the United States of America?

We should play by the same rules as the enemy. Otherwise you end up with more dead Americans.
If the enemy chooses to fight a guerrilla war you do the same. Unless of course you prefer carpet bombing.....

Terrorist sympathizer.

Which begs the question, do we want our policy set by people who admittedly don't understand the issue? ... who can't "wrap their head around" what this does to the United States of America?

It's a little late in the game for that. Since we're still using these tactics and more. I brought it up earlier. I see a lot of liberals really enraged over this (while conservatives have been on a complete full court defense of the actions) yet refuse to address the current techniques that are just as barbaric. As I see it, these folks ARE setting the course for us. It's too late.

"We should play by the same rules as the enemy"

Yeah, we should've loaded all Germans into boxcars and taken them to these camps...

With that approach you can never rise above your enemies or truly defeat your enemies.

Nut up - grow a backbone. Being an American means you stand for something.

We should play by the same rules as the enemy. Otherwise you end up with more dead Americans.
If the enemy chooses to fight a guerrilla war you do the same. Unless of course you prefer carpet bombing.....
I'm sure that you can't. To do so requires morals.

So you'd prefer the dead Americans over a wet terrorist?
And you say I have no morals......

WAY over your head, fella.

You still do not get that this isn't about them, it;s about us and who we are. So saying what you said is backwards. Turning into them and not maintaining our principles is what really vindicates them. But you just do not get it because you're scared and want safety.

What i want is information out of the bastards, that precludes true torture, because all you get is what you want to hear, not the truth. What I am not against is stressing the bastards, be it sleep deprivation, calorie limitation, and psychological methods if it is determined they have information we need. Some people consider that "torture" I do not, however if the person is an american citizen you can't even do that until you rescind said citizenship.

"We should play by the same rules as the enemy"

Yeah, we should've loaded all Germans into boxcars and taken them to these camps...

With that approach you can never rise above your enemies or truly defeat your enemies.

Nut up - grow a backbone. Being an American means you stand for something.

Those weren't Americans number one. And that you equate genocide with torture to get info is complete and utter horse shit.

As long as we only do it to them, and only use methods designed to get actual information, we are not compromising our morals at all. What we are doing is 1) doing our job to prevent these assholes from winning and 2) showing that if you don't follow the rules, you don't get protected by them.

I'm sure that you can't. To do so requires morals.

So you'd prefer the dead Americans over a wet terrorist?
And you say I have no morals......

WAY over your head, fella.

There ain't a ladder tall enough sonny...

Forum List

Back