🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trade Wars - just getting started

Hey bear, you are up early.. I can not sleep past 4:30 lately..blah.

I have solar panels on my home, which leaves extra money to give to help several causes..

Glad I did when I did, because the government or the electricity company doesn't us paying less..as much a cable water and garbage..

It's 8:30 am in South Carolina, raining ...i only have a few solar panels on my shed for LED lights that I bought at harbor freight a few years ago just screwing around.

I should go over there and see if the prices got jacked up..

No I meant my PGE ( electricity has skyrocketed and without the panels it would be extremely expensive ) I can run my air conditioning with my husband going crazy..

I have a friend that I met online 20 years ago who lives in SC...I talk to her on the phone now and then ..wow she has a strong southern accent.. very nice person..

After 14 years I don't notice the accent anymore but they still notice my Chicago accent..

Ok you beat me there, about your husband not going crazy anymore ..

I have a Minnesota accent...

Air conditioning is expensive..but I am happy to move out of this horrible heat of the summer.. I would love to get an RV and just move when it gets hot..

You get pretty humid don't you?

Yup, 85 degrees you sweat , when I lived in Arizona for 6 months I could wear a suit and tie in 100 degree weather and not break a sweat.

Arizona is hot as hell.. I once went to Washington DC during the summer.. you could not even walk from the Smithsonian to the next without feeling like you were going to pass out..Just horrible.

I used to go to outside in the sun concerts all day in my 20's ... now I run my errands early and come home before the heat from May - Nov...

Ask those in the solar industries who have jobs installing solar panel systems & now have less work because the higher priced solar panels &make them less competitive. That industry employs more than coal.

This us an example of Trump's lack of knowledge, education, and out right stupidity.

People are not wasting money on solar panels because they'll never get their money back. All fuel dropped in price which makes alternative energy a bad investment.
As usual, Ray, you are full of shit.

The price was coming down & then the fossil fuel industry got their orange puppet to cause the costs to go up.

But hey, Ray, most people would actually pay more now & help provide their offspring a better future.

Asswipes like you say "Fuck my kids, I'm saving a few bucks."

As soon as Ttump & your dumbass America-hating Republicans get thrown out, the situation will change back.

HTF does solar panels provide my children with a better future? Are solar panels going to put them through college or something?

Now would your ignorant ass please explain how Trump had anything to do with solar panels? The feds still pay between 30% and 50% of the cost.

Fewer emissions you stupid fucking shit. You will condemn your children to a more difficult future so you can maybe save a few bucks.solar system

Trump put a 30% tariff on imported panels. That makes going solar much more expensive & fewer systems installed. Not only will will cause of loss of tens of thousands of jobs but increase the use of fossil fuels.

I would suggest that before you post that you get better informed.

And once again why do you want to condemn your children to live in poverty, while you lived in luxary?

A solar system has a payback period so in the long run, it does not cost more.

And you assume fossil fuels won't get more expensive. How short sighted is that.

I

It starts with the rhetoric. Then it goes to the demands.

Then you pull out of trade agreements like TPP & soon NAFTA.

You then call our best trading partners, Canada & Mexico, names & insult their leaders.

Then you slap tariffs on products.

What will happen when other countries call the Trump tax cut on corporations a government subsidy & use it to slap tariffs on US goods.

These decisions Trump makes have consequences. Consequence he either ignores or is too stupid to know?

Slapping that tariff on solar panels might help the US panel manufacturers but it makes solar energy more expensive & the industry expects to lose tens of thousands of jobs. Of course, making solar more expensive helps the fossil fuel industry (Trump's buddies) while increasing our greenhouse gas emissions.

Who pays these tariffs, US consumers.

So that I don't hi-jack Daves thread ... Our California electricity people are corrupt as hell..about 15 years ago they shut off everyones electricity during the heatwaves saying that they didn't have enough...Just to hike up the prices.. Now with the Panels being more expensive they can hike up the price again...and the republicans say they want less government..

Water is just as corrupt..

It's 8:30 am in South Carolina, raining ...i only have a few solar panels on my shed for LED lights that I bought at harbor freight a few years ago just screwing around.

I should go over there and see if the prices got jacked up..

No I meant my PGE ( electricity has skyrocketed and without the panels it would be extremely expensive ) I can run my air conditioning with my husband going crazy..

I have a friend that I met online 20 years ago who lives in SC...I talk to her on the phone now and then ..wow she has a strong southern accent.. very nice person..

After 14 years I don't notice the accent anymore but they still notice my Chicago accent..

Ok you beat me there, about your husband not going crazy anymore ..

I have a Minnesota accent...

Air conditioning is expensive..but I am happy to move out of this horrible heat of the summer.. I would love to get an RV and just move when it gets hot..

You get pretty humid don't you?

Yup, 85 degrees you sweat , when I lived in Arizona for 6 months I could wear a suit and tie in 100 degree weather and not break a sweat.

Arizona is hot as hell.. I once went to Washington DC during the summer.. you could not even walk from the Smithsonian to the next without feeling like you were going to pass out..Just horrible.

I used to go to outside in the sun concerts all day in my 20's ... now I run my errands early and come home before the heat from May - Nov...

I loved it in Arizona, I love dry heat...

But I only weigh 165 lbs I thrive in that weather, I don't have the slow metabolism or blubber to live the north.

You then call our best trading partners, Canada & Mexico, names & insult their leaders.

Then you slap tariffs on products.

What will happen when other countries call the Trump tax cut on corporations a government subsidy & use it to slap tariffs on US goods.

These decisions Trump makes have consequences. Consequence he either ignores or is too stupid to know?

Slapping that tariff on solar panels might help the US panel manufacturers but it makes solar energy more expensive & the industry expects to lose tens of thousands of jobs. Of course, making solar more expensive helps the fossil fuel industry (Trump's buddies) while increasing our greenhouse gas emissions.

Who pays these tariffs, US consumers.

So that I don't hi-jack Daves thread ... Our California electricity people are corrupt as hell..about 15 years ago they shut off everyones electricity during the heatwaves saying that they didn't have enough...Just to hike up the prices.. Now with the Panels being more expensive they can hike up the price again...and the republicans say they want less government..

Water is just as corrupt..

Really I heard about the black outs, that's messed up.

People are not wasting money on solar panels because they'll never get their money back. All fuel dropped in price which makes alternative energy a bad investment.

The price was coming down & then the fossil fuel industry got their orange puppet to cause the costs to go up.

But hey, Ray, most people would actually pay more now & help provide their offspring a better future.

As soon as Ttump & your dumbass America-hating Republicans get thrown out, the situation will change back.

HTF does solar panels provide my children with a better future? Are solar panels going to put them through college or something?

Now would your ignorant ass please explain how Trump had anything to do with solar panels? The feds still pay between 30% and 50% of the cost.

Fewer emissions you stupid fucking shit. You will condemn your children to a more difficult future so you can maybe save a few bucks.solar system

Trump put a 30% tariff on imported panels. That makes going solar much more expensive & fewer systems installed. Not only will will cause of loss of tens of thousands of jobs but increase the use of fossil fuels.

And once again why do you want to condemn your children to live in poverty, while you lived in luxary?

And you assume fossil fuels won't get more expensive. How short sighted is that.

I

Why would they? We have enough coal to last 400 years till a new technology comes along not this antique wind mills

This from the person cheering on the 1.5 trillion added to the debt for our children and grandchildren so they can have their extra cup of McDonald's coffee every day.

It's better then spending almost a trillion dollars and unemployment went up from 7.8% to 9.8% in 2009 ~2010

No?

Wow, you really are that fucking dumb.

1) The ARRA passed in Feb. It took some time for the spending to take place & that effect to be felt in the economy.

2) The Bush recession was still increasing monthly job losses - 800,000 in Jan & Feb. After the ARRA passed it started to drop. Through these drops, it still meant increasing unemployment until those monthly losses get low enough to stop the increase in unemployment rate. By June that rate had peaked.

3) Tell me how much of that ARRA money had been spent by June of 2009?

4) Why did we need stimulus action in 2009?

There is so much wrong with the OP, it's hard to know where to start. We've been in a "trade war" for years, but we are only now starting to fight back. And now that we're fighting back, of course the globalists are sounding the alarm bells and issuing all kinds of phony warnings about the dire consequences of America doing the same thing that many nations have been doing for years, i.e., protecting their own industries and jobs.

Mexico has been robbing us blind in trade for years, thanks to NAFTA. The Mexican government deserves to be insulted, given their arrogant, entitled attitude. How many countries get to get rid of their many of their least-skilled workers and criminals by sending them to live in another country?

So-called "free traders" either don't know or ignore the fact that America thrived for nearly a century under a strongly protectionist trade policy. Abe Lincoln was an ardent protectionist. So were Ulysses S. Grant, Rutherford B. Hayes, Theodore Roosevelt, and Howard Taft.

They will if they ever get a job

Speaking of jobs. Do American workers stand to benefit from higher priced foreign products or not? The only reason we depend on foreign products is cheaper prices. So what happens if tariffs increase the cost of foreign goods? Well then, it makes US manufactured goods more competitive.

Ask those in the solar industries who have jobs installing solar panel systems & now have less work because the higher priced solar panels &make them less competitive. That industry employs more than coal.

This us an example of Trump's lack of knowledge, education, and out right stupidity.

So you want your kids to freeze because they can't afford the cost of electricity?

Really, what is the cost of ignoring our environment & spewing poisons into the atmosphere whole fomenting global warming which will drive up the cost of food.

You assholes are so short sighted.

This from the person cheering on the 1.5 trillion added to the debt for our children and grandchildren so they can have their extra cup of McDonald's coffee every day.

It's better then spending almost a trillion dollars and unemployment went up from 7.8% to 9.8% in 2009 ~2010

No?

Wow, you really are that fucking dumb.

1) The ARRA passed in Feb. It took some time for the spending to take place & that effect to be felt in the economy.

2) The Bush recession was still increasing monthly job losses - 800,000 in Jan & Feb. After the ARRA passed it started to drop. Through these drops, it still meant increasing unemployment until those monthly losses get low enough to stop the increase in unemployment rate. By June that rate had peaked.

3) Tell me how much of that ARRA money had been spent by June of 2009?

4) Why did we need stimulus action in 2009?

4) we didn't need a stimulus action to save GM and pay for their unfunded pension program

3) you tell me, all I saw was nice trees and signs

2) it didn't drop it went up from 7.8% to 9.8% in January 2010

1) there was no shovel ready jobs

And you tard we had to pay back Obama's stimulus with interest, we have to pay back the 80 billion a month from the feds quative easing with interest .

Speaking of jobs. Do American workers stand to benefit from higher priced foreign products or not? The only reason we depend on foreign products is cheaper prices. So what happens if tariffs increase the cost of foreign goods? Well then, it makes US manufactured goods more competitive.

So you want your kids to freeze because they can't afford the cost of electricity?

Really, what is the cost of ignoring our environment & spewing poisons into the atmosphere whole fomenting global warming which will drive up the cost of food.

You assholes are so short sighted.

Once again a lefty confusing C02 what we need to pollution..what else is new?

I

You don't know that because it takes so long to break even on panels (15 to 25 years) and what the cost of electricity will be in the future.

There is so much wrong with the OP, it's hard to know where to start. We've been in a "trade war" for years, but we are only now starting to fight back. And now that we're fighting back, of course the globalists are sounding the alarm bells and issuing all kinds of phony warnings about the dire consequences of America doing the same thing that many nations have been doing for years, i.e., protecting their own industries and jobs.

Mexico has been robbing us blind in trade for years, thanks to NAFTA. The Mexican government deserves to be insulted, given their arrogant, entitled attitude. How many countries get to get rid of their many of their least-skilled workers and criminals by sending them to live in another country?

So-called "free traders" either don't know or ignore the fact that America thrived for nearly a century under a strongly protectionist trade policy. Abe Lincoln was an ardent protectionist. So were Ulysses S. Grant, Rutherford B. Hayes, Theodore Roosevelt, and Howard Taft.
Bull Fucking SHit.

Name any Mexican brand good that is hurting the US economy. You can't because it is US companies going to Mexico to make shit. Mexico is a great consumer of US agriculture, US technology, and US machinery & equipment.

US companies were manufacturing duty free in Mexico for decades prior to NAFTA.

And the Mexican government does not send people to the US. You are such a fucking moron that you actally believe what the lying POS trump says.

The trade deals we have with other countries favor US big ticket items & US technologies. Trump is too fucking stupid to get it.

Trump handed leadership in pacific rim trade to China.

Both you & Trump think our actions will not spawn reciprocal action.

But hey, you two idiots fight to get the business of 315 million people while alienating consumers in the rest of the world.

This is not 1850, asshole.

....s.

These people have been insulting our leader.

And Trump is willing to have trade agreements, just ones that don't fuck US.

So, why is this on Trump and not on them?

Forum List

Back