Trump and Coal Mining and the stupidity of it all.....

Renewable energy is in its infancy, taking baby steps...
I am for "all of the above" use of energy, but not willing to pay for trial and error.
Let's let the people trying to force the shit on us pay for the trail and error? If they want it so bad.

You want innovation without R&D? I've heard it all :badgrin:
I am all for "R&D" but tax money should never be used for such fraudulent purposes... Career politicians are too corrupt.

Why do you keep calling research and development fraud?
Lost tax payer money... Never to be recovered

Evergreen Solar ($25 million)*
SpectraWatt ($500,000)*
Solyndra ($535 million)*
Beacon Power ($43 million)*
Nevada Geothermal ($98.5 million)
SunPower ($1.2 billion)
First Solar ($1.46 billion)
Babcock and Brown ($178 million)
EnerDel’s subsidiary Ener1 ($118.5 million)*
Amonix ($5.9 million)
Fisker Automotive ($529 million)
Abound Solar ($400 million)*
A123 Systems ($279 million)*
Willard and Kelsey Solar Group ($700,981)*
Johnson Controls ($299 million)
Schneider Electric ($86 million)
Brightsource ($1.6 billion)
ECOtality ($126.2 million)
Raser Technologies ($33 million)*
Energy Conversion Devices ($13.3 million)*
Mountain Plaza, Inc. ($2 million)*
Olsen’s Crop Service and Olsen’s Mills Acquisition Company ($10 million)*
Range Fuels ($80 million)*
Thompson River Power ($6.5 million)*
Stirling Energy Systems ($7 million)*
Azure Dynamics ($5.4 million)*
GreenVolts ($500,000)
Vestas ($50 million)
LG Chem’s subsidiary Compact Power ($151 million)
Nordic Windpower ($16 million)*
Navistar ($39 million)
Satcon ($3 million)*
Konarka Technologies Inc. ($20 million)*
Mascoma Corp. ($100 million)

Add all that "lost" money up and it MAY equal what we spent on just a month on that little adventure of Cheney in Iraq.

Life is not a free ride, there is no future in renewable energy.

Congratulations to the newest member of the "Flat Earth Society". Here is your membership pin, and a discount card for Budget Horse and Buggy Rental. Kindly remember that to wear your spats, and powdered wig to all meetings.

Add all that "lost" money up and it MAY equal what we spent on just a month on that little adventure of Cheney in Iraq.

Not sure why you are wondering around bringing up random topics in this thread, but I'll play along for the moment. Why did the Clintons and every top democrat beat the drums of war for nearly a decade before we invaded Iraq? Why did Obama and Clinton topple multiple ME countries? Why did they create, fund and arm ISIS? Playing the random topic game is easy.

Not sure why you are wondering around bringing up random topics in this thread, but I'll play along for the moment. Why did the Clintons and every top democrat beat the drums of war for nearly a decade before we invaded Iraq? Why did Obama and Clinton topple multiple ME countries? Why did they create, fund and arm ISIS? Playing the random topic game is easy.

First, I wrote my response based on one of your ilk begrudging R & D since, by the process' very nature, must of them yield little, if anything)....and I compared it to the expenditure of war which yield body bags and hatred.

Secondly, the Clintons were WRONG to accept the lying spewed by Cheney, Wolfowitz et al that mushroom clouds were imminent....and they were going to be sponsored from Baghdad. ULTIMATELY, however, only ONE president gave the order to attack and invade....and you know who that is.

First, I wrote my response based on one of your ilk begrudging R & D since, by the process' very nature, must of them yield little, if anything)....and I compared it to the expenditure of war which yield body bags and hatred.

Secondly, the Clintons were WRONG to accept the lying spewed by Cheney, Wolfowitz et al that mushroom clouds were imminent....and they were going to be sponsored from Baghdad. ULTIMATELY, however, only ONE president gave the order to attack and invade....and you know who that is.

Secondly, the Clintons were WRONG to accept the lying spewed by Cheney, Wolfowitz et al that mushroom clouds were imminent....

As usual, nat, you have things a bit backwards.
Bill, and quite a few other dems, claimed Iraq had wmd before George took office.

Bill, and quite a few other dems, claimed Iraq had wmd before George took office.

No...I don't have it "backwards"....I FULLY know that Clinton and others within his administration had long-speculated that Saddam MAY have had WMDs (a speculation somewhat fueled by the bastard Saddam gassing the Kurds).......HOWEVER, and here's the part your ilk wants to forget........only Cheney (and his sidekick, GWB) gave the order to invade.......One cannot, CANNOT equate wrong-filled "speculations" with the actual all-out order to invade and attack.

No...I don't have it "backwards"....I FULLY know that Clinton and others within his administration had long-speculated that Saddam MAY have had WMDs (a speculation somewhat fueled by the bastard Saddam gassing the Kurds).......HOWEVER, and here's the part your ilk wants to forget........only Cheney (and his sidekick, GWB) gave the order to invade.......One cannot, CANNOT equate wrong-filled "speculations" with the actual all-out order to invade and attack.

Yes, nat.

Bush and Cheney were the ones that invaded.

after 8 years of Saddam thumbing his nose at Bill.

Speculation?

You had better information than the President, Vice President, and the Secretary of State in 2000?

It's only feasible if there is a suitable replacement, that happens to be decades away.

The problem is no company has figured out how to charge you for sun and wind.
There is no reliably to them...
A faulty product can not be marketed.

Yes why would anyone ever want to get rid of monthly energy bills.
Only a fool would think that solar and wind etc. would get rid of energy bills. You can't be that stupid in the head?

Because we will run out of wind and sun?

Yes, nat.

Eight years of "thumbing his nose"???? Saddam had Iraq split into THREE....his army decimated and his oil revenues nearly exhausted since the wells were mostly in the north and south.

Look, I don't want to re-debate the fucking mess that was and is Iraq. The war was as bloody as it was expensive and regardless how you dimwits want to spin it about casting blame all around.....The fuck up was and is STRICTLY on GWB and Cheney's shoulders.....

Renewable energy is in its infancy, taking baby steps...
I am for "all of the above" use of energy, but not willing to pay for trial and error.
Let's let the people trying to force the shit on us pay for the trail and error? If they want it so bad.

You want innovation without R&D? I've heard it all :badgrin:
I am all for "R&D" but tax money should never be used for such fraudulent purposes... Career politicians are too corrupt.

Why do you keep calling research and development fraud?
Lost tax payer money... Never to be recovered

Evergreen Solar ($25 million)*
SpectraWatt ($500,000)*
Solyndra ($535 million)*
Beacon Power ($43 million)*
Nevada Geothermal ($98.5 million)
SunPower ($1.2 billion)
First Solar ($1.46 billion)
Babcock and Brown ($178 million)
EnerDel’s subsidiary Ener1 ($118.5 million)*
Amonix ($5.9 million)
Fisker Automotive ($529 million)
Abound Solar ($400 million)*
A123 Systems ($279 million)*
Willard and Kelsey Solar Group ($700,981)*
Johnson Controls ($299 million)
Schneider Electric ($86 million)
Brightsource ($1.6 billion)
ECOtality ($126.2 million)
Raser Technologies ($33 million)*
Energy Conversion Devices ($13.3 million)*
Mountain Plaza, Inc. ($2 million)*
Olsen’s Crop Service and Olsen’s Mills Acquisition Company ($10 million)*
Range Fuels ($80 million)*
Thompson River Power ($6.5 million)*
Stirling Energy Systems ($7 million)*
Azure Dynamics ($5.4 million)*
GreenVolts ($500,000)
Vestas ($50 million)
LG Chem’s subsidiary Compact Power ($151 million)
Nordic Windpower ($16 million)*
Navistar ($39 million)
Satcon ($3 million)*
Konarka Technologies Inc. ($20 million)*
Mascoma Corp. ($100 million)

Wasted money is wasted money, it's what the federal government does...

Yes, nat.

Speculation?

You had better information than the President, Vice President, and the Secretary of State in 2000?

They fabricated the information.

It's only feasible if there is a suitable replacement, that happens to be decades away.

Coal can't be marketed when the selling price is lower than the production price.

Life is not a free ride, there is no future in renewable energy.

Congratulations to the newest member of the "Flat Earth Society". Here is your membership pin, and a discount card for Budget Horse and Buggy Rental. Kindly remember that to wear your spats, and powdered wig to all meetings.
And yet no greenie can prove the reliability/readiness/economic viability of renewable energy... Lol

Yes why would anyone ever want to get rid of monthly energy bills.
Only a fool would think that solar and wind etc. would get rid of energy bills. You can't be that stupid in the head?

Because we will run out of wind and sun?
Wind and solar are decades away from working...

Coal can't be marketed when the selling price is lower than the production price.
Coal would be dirt cheap in the west if it was not for federal government interference...

Plus the libs won't let us build nuclear plants either.

Stupid response........Nuclear plants are overwhelmed with what the hell to do with the spent and highly radioactive waste.....Why don't you volunteer YOUR back yard to store that deadly poison for the next 500 years?

Another problem created by leftwing environmental wackos. Somehow French nuclear plants are not "overwhelmed."

You're going to sit there and try to sell Obama and now Hillary Clinton haven't and will continue a war on coal? If you do you're dumber than I originally thought.

WHAT "war on coal?"......I.

This is why nobody listens to you

So, dingbat........Will we see a resurgence of coal mining jobs with Trump? Yes or No?

We will see a gradual return of coal jobs. The hemorrhaging will stop after Trump decimates the EPA and evicts all the communists from it.

That can easily rectified by not making it illegal to burn coal.

Forum List

Back