Trump and his allies are quietly “plotting” to “deploy the U.S. Military to quell potential unrest on Inauguration Day” if Trump wins in 2024.

Wowser, that's a really big lie. Just two anecdotal examples. Did Obama fire his AG because he recused himself from being involved in an investigation of Obama? Did he fire his AG because of his involvement in an investigation of Obama?
The Mulatto Menace made sure he had yes men on his staff at all time, cumswallower.

That depends. If the president issues an illegal order, they are bound by their oath to the Constitution and to the laws to oppose it.
Thats a lot of power for someone not elected and so does not have to answer to the people

You've got nothing. We both know it.

The "deep state" is real. But it’s not what Trump thinks it is.

Now, on a deeper level, I do think there’s what we might call a permanent government or an institutional government. We have these incredibly large and powerful organizations like the FBI and the CIA and the NSA. In the digital age especially, when the ability to surveil is so immense, these are potentially dangerous agencies. Together these organizations make up what a lot of people mean by “deep state,” and I agree they need aggressive oversight.

Hopefully the Supreme Court rules to limit or even better overturn Chevron Deference and we can start to wrangle these agencies back under control.

I predict the response to this thread by Trump supporters will be along the lines of reflexive claims like fake news.

Trump and allies plot revenge, Justice Department control in a second term

Donald Trump and his allies have begun mapping out specific plans for using the federal government to punish critics and opponents should he win a second term, with the former president naming individuals he wants to investigate or prosecute and his associates drafting plans to potentially invoke the Insurrection Act on his first day in office to allow him to deploy the military against civil demonstrations.

In private, Trump has told advisers and friends in recent months that he wants the Justice Department to investigate onetime officials and allies who have become critical of his time in office, including his former chief of staff, John F. Kelly, and former attorney general William P. Barr, as well as his ex-attorney Ty Cobb and former Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman Gen. Mark A. Milley, according to people who have talked to him, who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe private conversations. Trump has also talked of prosecuting officials at the FBI and Justice Department, a person familiar with the matter said.
In public, Trump has vowed to appoint a special prosecutor to “go after” President Biden and his family. The former president has frequently made corruption accusations against them that are not supported by available evidence.

Fake news having become an euphemism in Trump speak for "that reporting looks accurate so what else can I say."

I should also like to point out this kind of authoritarian behavior is exactly what I keep seeing Repubs accuse Biden of engaging in. Why? Because it has become a common practice among the stable genius's defenders to accuse others of what he is doing.
just curious, you're all in on the harassment Trump has received?

I bet you think it all justified, right?

I have no idea if any of that is true. I believe he believes he's been ambushed continuously and might justify his own anger. But he's not allowed to be angry right?

Wowser, that's a really big lie. Just two anecdotal examples. Did Obama fire his AG because he recused himself from being involved in an investigation of Obama? Did he fire his AG because of his involvement in an investigation of Obama?
Obama didnt have to

He had Deep State partisans working for him

None of them were illegal orders, just orders or directives they disagreed with.
Check again. I'm sure they violated federal law. It's just that Trump couldn't be prosecuted while in office, so no charges were brought, or indictments sought to confirm their illegality.

Actually, there was another recent article, I think published by the NYT, noting how Team Trump is conducting a search for people to staff an admin with, who would be compliant in carrying out the kinds if extra-constitutional demands Don made in the past.
I have no doubt going after the people you mentioned would be welcomed in Trumpworld. It's exactly the kind of thing despots do.
My point is that outside the WH no one needs to comply with illegitimate or unethical orders.
Trump can replace the AG and FBI director as many times as he wants, the honorable wall is there and he can't fuck with it.
I think Trump needs to publish his staff so voters see who he wants back.

Check again. I'm sure they violated federal law. It's just that Trump couldn't be prosecuted while in office, so no charges were brought, or indictments sought to confirm their illegality.

No, people thought they may have might have could have violated federal law, and used their belief as a cover to not enact policies they disagreed with.

If they don't like it, they should have quit. They are cogs in a machine, not policy makers.

Thats a lot of power for someone not elected and so does not have to answer to the people
He/she has to answer to their oath. Just like every soldier in the military., Who have far more power than any bureaucrat.

Obama didnt have to

He had Deep State partisans working for him

Matthew Whitaker :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

No, people thought they may have might have could have violated federal law, and used their belief as a cover to not enact policies they disagreed with.

If they don't like it, they should have quit. They are cogs in a machine, not policy makers.
They said they would quit.

Former DOJ officials detail threatening to resign en masse in meeting with Trump​

Remember, last time it was Mike Pence that lead the Trump transition team. So it was Pence and the like, who recruited people for the Trump administration.

The Donald won't make that same mistake twice. Instead he will get people like Giuliani, or Eastman, or Powell, or Chesbro to scour the country for people to swear loyalty to Trump over the constitution. People who like former Trump attorneys will do what Trump wants, the law be damned.
Where do we begin? The TV/media/entertainers to start. 95% endlessly spewing the Prog agendas while lying constantly and destroying people who do not think like them. Politicians who lie every day and it is found as truth from their adherents, or they let it go for the greater good. The truth is the diversity they have force onto this nation, is our demise. We have seen just a part of it the last several years and the last few weeks is very telling. America is dying. The new one is not going to be nice. We have seen the possibilities. The violence will rise. Explosions and mass deaths will be the norm. A nation with many cultures and all so diverse now that it is their way or the highway and if the government screws any of them over, it is time to destroy. This is what you did.

You mother fuckers are pushing your Stalinist bullshit TOO FAR!!!!!
There's going to be PUSH BACK, asshole.
There won't be silly cosplaying cuck. You'd think you clowns would of realized the last time that you don't have the numbers to support your illiberal schemes. There aren't enough prosecutors or judges in government at all the levels you'd need them to be for these sham prosecutions to work. :funnyface:

I wouldn't be too sure about those folks. They are giving testimony, or likely will be, in cases involving RICO Don. He hates that.
Unfortunately there are many more like them

Forum List

Back