Trump and his allies are quietly “plotting” to “deploy the U.S. Military to quell potential unrest on Inauguration Day” if Trump wins in 2024.

I predict the response to this thread by Trump supporters will be along the lines of reflexive claims like fake news.

Trump and allies plot revenge, Justice Department control in a second term

Donald Trump and his allies have begun mapping out specific plans for using the federal government to punish critics and opponents should he win a second term, with the former president naming individuals he wants to investigate or prosecute and his associates drafting plans to potentially invoke the Insurrection Act on his first day in office to allow him to deploy the military against civil demonstrations.

In private, Trump has told advisers and friends in recent months that he wants the Justice Department to investigate onetime officials and allies who have become critical of his time in office, including his former chief of staff, John F. Kelly, and former attorney general William P. Barr, as well as his ex-attorney Ty Cobb and former Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman Gen. Mark A. Milley, according to people who have talked to him, who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe private conversations. Trump has also talked of prosecuting officials at the FBI and Justice Department, a person familiar with the matter said.
In public, Trump has vowed to appoint a special prosecutor to “go after” President Biden and his family. The former president has frequently made corruption accusations against them that are not supported by available evidence.

Fake news having become an euphemism in Trump speak for "that reporting looks accurate so what else can I say."

I should also like to point out this kind of authoritarian behavior is exactly what I keep seeing Repubs accuse Biden of engaging in. Why? Because it has become a common practice among the stable genius's defenders to accuse others of what he is doing.

Trump can give all the orders he wants as president, he found out last time that people don't do his bidding unless they agree with it.
Going after General Kelly or Bill Barr won't happen. Maybe going after Fani Willis, Letitia James, the DOJ, the FBI, would be more sporting and supported?

Projection monkey Stalinberg doesn't recognize that all this lawfare against Trump is THEIR VENGEANCE for defeating Hillary.
Hence: They are demented AVENGER subverted demoralized Stalinist Marxist Leninist zombies!!!!!
:rolleyes:

Trump can give all the orders he wants as president, he found out last time that people don't do his bidding unless they agree with it.
Going after General Kelly or Bill Barr won't happen. Maybe going after Fani Willis, Letitia James, the DOJ, the FBI, would be more sporting and supported?
Actually, there was another recent article, I think published by the NYT, noting how Team Trump is conducting a search for people to staff an admin with, who would be compliant in carrying out the kinds if extra-constitutional demands Don made in the past.
I have no doubt going after the people you mentioned would be welcomed in Trumpworld. It's exactly the kind of thing despots do.

From WaPo.........To facilitate Trump’s ability to direct Justice Department actions, his associates have been drafting plans to dispense with 50 years of policy and practice intended to shield criminal prosecutions from political considerations. Critics have called such ideas dangerous and unconstitutional.

I predict the response to this thread by Trump supporters will be along the lines of reflexive claims like fake news.

Trump and allies plot revenge, Justice Department control in a second term

Donald Trump and his allies have begun mapping out specific plans for using the federal government to punish critics and opponents should he win a second term, with the former president naming individuals he wants to investigate or prosecute and his associates drafting plans to potentially invoke the Insurrection Act on his first day in office to allow him to deploy the military against civil demonstrations.

In private, Trump has told advisers and friends in recent months that he wants the Justice Department to investigate onetime officials and allies who have become critical of his time in office, including his former chief of staff, John F. Kelly, and former attorney general William P. Barr, as well as his ex-attorney Ty Cobb and former Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman Gen. Mark A. Milley, according to people who have talked to him, who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe private conversations. Trump has also talked of prosecuting officials at the FBI and Justice Department, a person familiar with the matter said.
In public, Trump has vowed to appoint a special prosecutor to “go after” President Biden and his family. The former president has frequently made corruption accusations against them that are not supported by available evidence.

Fake news having become an euphemism in Trump speak for "that reporting looks accurate so what else can I say."

I should also like to point out this kind of authoritarian behavior is exactly what I keep seeing Repubs accuse Biden of engaging in. Why? Because it has become a common practice among the stable genius's defenders to accuse others of what he is doing.

Tiocfaidh ár lá

The FBI is a rogue organization that answers to no one, including President Trump

The chances of the Deep State supporting trump instead of biden are nil

Nor will it ever be non partisan again either

Its a dem party asset

Forum List

Back