Trump and his allies are quietly “plotting” to “deploy the U.S. Military to quell potential unrest on Inauguration Day” if Trump wins in 2024.

He/she has to answer to their oath. Just like every soldier in the military., Who have far more power than any bureaucrat.
The oath states that service members must obey the orders given to them

No, people thought they may have might have could have violated federal law, and used their belief as a cover to not enact policies they disagreed with.

If they don't like it, they should have quit. They are cogs in a machine, not policy makers.

They are oath bound to uphold the Constitution of the United States, above fealty to any person or party.

The oath states that service members must obey the orders given to them
Actually it states they must obey all "LAWFUL" orders given to them.
That's why the excuse "I was only following orders" didn't fly at Nuremburg.

Actually it states they must obey all "LAWFUL" orders given to them.
That's why the excuse "I was only following orders" didn't fly at Nuremburg.
It should have applied at nuremberg

A soldier in combat is not equipped to decide lawful or unlawfull orders

Its a heads we win, tails you lose situation

Check again. I'm sure they violated federal law. It's just that Trump couldn't be prosecuted while in office, so no charges were brought, or indictments sought to confirm their illegality.

So "sure".

The President as ELECTED executive decides those things, not some grade 5 SJW wonk.

"Threatening"

And for every one that did that, there were 5 still putting sand in the gears.
Sand in the gears is an interesting way to put threatening to resign over Trump naming an unqualified sycophant as AG because the acting AG wouldn't participate in an attempted coup.

Forum List

Back