Trump and the GOP's have no health care plan, like always

Pfizer Inc on Monday said it would buy Botox maker Allergan Plc in a deal worth $160 billion to slash its U.S. tax bill, rekindling a fierce political debate over the financial maneuver.

The acquisition, which would create the world's largest drugmaker and shift Pfizer's headquarters to Ireland, would also be the biggest-ever instance of a U.S. company re-incorporating overseas to lower its taxes. U.S. President Barack Obama has called such inversion deals unpatriotic and has tried to crack down on the practice.

Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton pledged to propose measures to prevent such deals. The merger was also slammed by her rival Senator Bernie Sanders as well as by Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump.

"The fact that Pfizer is leaving our country with a tremendous loss of jobs is disgusting," Trump said in a statement.

It was not immediately known how many jobs would be lost as a result of the merger.

Pfizer to buy Allergan in $160 billion deal
they want to dismantle the ACA , allow ins to cross state lines, already does, have HSA's , we already do.

Don't be fooled , read about Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and United Healthcare Group and a few other giants. They gobble up smaller health ins companies like Pac man, and do whatever they want to the prices.

I don't think I heard one GOP talk about prescription prices. If they did, it was not a big deal for them as I listened to all debates.

Trump doesn't know jack about HI, and all those coming out to endorse him, is just because they will want favors.
Obama made deals with Big Pharm on day one when he became president. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/06/health/policy/06insure.html?_r=0

He's been conspiring with them to raise the cost of prescription drugs since the day he was sworn in. He destroyed the health care industry to the point where many cannot even afford to pay their premiums without subsidies. Instead of lowering costs, he helped raise costs, tripling the costs to the consumer. Scrapping the whole thing would be the best thing they could do. The government is screwing it up instead of fixing it.

House Investigates Obama Deal With Drug Companies

Not conspiring. Also the senate has blocked all bills to repeal the deal as a result the drug prices have soared.
So your on Medicare and have a medigap policy, or who are you insured with?

Nope. BCBS with a medical savings plan that covers all deductibles and which I can also withdraw money from for whatever I want at the end of the year.
And the astounding part? We actually set this up all by ourselves with no government assistance. Shocking I know....

Who paid for your HSA's, Your employer?

They match you up to a thousand each year and you put in whatever you want after that.
We always load it up at the beginning of each year so it covers prescriptions until we hit our deductible. With my prescriptions running over eight hundred a month it stops the sticker shock.

Great job you have. I imagine they cost share on your premium as well. Glad for you, but many do not have benefits like that even if they work full time.

But I feel everyone should pay what they can for health ins, and before the ACA many just chose to pay nothing at all. Take a 30 year old living in an apt, in good health and choosing not to have health ins. because he is in good health, so he ends up ill or in an accident while out hiking, and the hosp boots the bill (us). He doesn't declare bankruptcy because he has nothing to loose.

Now if someone has a home and can't afford health ins , and makes too much for Medicaid, they will file bankruptcy.

More and more jobs do not offer health ins. cost share, and many people work two jobs and do not have health ins, but at least with the ACA, they pay something for ins.

In all my years I never worked for a company that didnt provide healthcare,some even paid for all of it.
That all changed with obamacare.

True, how it use to be is not the same , that is why health care has been an real issue since 1990 and even more so since 2001. The ACA didn't change that as I remember as well health ins was always through ones employer, then cost share, then higher cost share on the employee's side , then hiring only part time workers who did not get bennies, but that has changed and that is why the ACA is needed even more. Besides I have a problem with free loaders, I think everyone needs to pay what they can, unless they fall into the Medicaid area, which now is going to fall back on the states.

What would happen if your job moved to Mexico or they imported a worker for it. Have you considered that, if you didn't have a nest egg to buy ins with?

they want to dismantle the ACA , allow ins to cross state lines, already does, have HSA's , we already do.

Don't be fooled , read about Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and United Healthcare Group and a few other giants. They gobble up smaller health ins companies like Pac man, and do whatever they want to the prices.

I don't think I heard one GOP talk about prescription prices. If they did, it was not a big deal for them as I listened to all debates.

Trump doesn't know jack about HI, and all those coming out to endorse him, is just because they will want favors.

Ah....but they do....have a healthcare plan....

"Don't get sick....but if you do, die quickly" - that is their plan.
Legalized extortion

Pfizer Inc on Monday said it would buy Botox maker Allergan Plc in a deal worth $160 billion to slash its U.S. tax bill, rekindling a fierce political debate over the financial maneuver.

The acquisition, which would create the world's largest drugmaker and shift Pfizer's headquarters to Ireland, would also be the biggest-ever instance of a U.S. company re-incorporating overseas to lower its taxes. U.S. President Barack Obama has called such inversion deals unpatriotic and has tried to crack down on the practice.

Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton pledged to propose measures to prevent such deals. The merger was also slammed by her rival Senator Bernie Sanders as well as by Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump.

"The fact that Pfizer is leaving our country with a tremendous loss of jobs is disgusting," Trump said in a statement.

It was not immediately known how many jobs would be lost as a result of the merger.

Obama made deals with Big Pharm on day one when he became president. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/06/health/policy/06insure.html?_r=0

He's been conspiring with them to raise the cost of prescription drugs since the day he was sworn in. He destroyed the health care industry to the point where many cannot even afford to pay their premiums without subsidies. Instead of lowering costs, he helped raise costs, tripling the costs to the consumer. Scrapping the whole thing would be the best thing they could do. The government is screwing it up instead of fixing it.

Not conspiring. Also the senate has blocked all bills to repeal the deal as a result the drug prices have soared.
Nope. BCBS with a medical savings plan that covers all deductibles and which I can also withdraw money from for whatever I want at the end of the year.
And the astounding part? We actually set this up all by ourselves with no government assistance. Shocking I know....

They match you up to a thousand each year and you put in whatever you want after that.
We always load it up at the beginning of each year so it covers prescriptions until we hit our deductible. With my prescriptions running over eight hundred a month it stops the sticker shock.

Great job you have. I imagine they cost share on your premium as well. Glad for you, but many do not have benefits like that even if they work full time.

But I feel everyone should pay what they can for health ins, and before the ACA many just chose to pay nothing at all. Take a 30 year old living in an apt, in good health and choosing not to have health ins. because he is in good health, so he ends up ill or in an accident while out hiking, and the hosp boots the bill (us). He doesn't declare bankruptcy because he has nothing to loose.

Now if someone has a home and can't afford health ins , and makes too much for Medicaid, they will file bankruptcy.

More and more jobs do not offer health ins. cost share, and many people work two jobs and do not have health ins, but at least with the ACA, they pay something for ins.

In all my years I never worked for a company that didnt provide healthcare,some even paid for all of it.

True, how is use to be is not the same , that is why health care has been an real issue since 1990 and even more so since 2001. The ACA didn't change that as I remember as well health ins was always through ones employer, then cost share, then higher cost share on the employee's side , then hiring only part time workers who did not get bennies, but that has changed and that is why the ACA is needed even more. Besides I have a problem with free loaders, I think everyone needs to pay what they can, unless they fall into the Medicaid area, which now is going to fall back on the states.

who's fault is it the jobs are only part time? and how long can you suck monies from our children mainly for this "fascist" Insurance scam of Obama's . Thankfully I don't have to explain to my children who saddled them with this NEW Growing of the government Entitlement scam called. ObamaNocare

Here's my alternative to Obamacare, I call it the get a job loser and buy your own damn insurance plan.

Another great mind who doesn't understand the ACA or even the job market. I guess kids can stay on their parents ins until what 26 now. In my day, we were well into adulthood by then .

True, how is use to be is not the same , that is why health care has been an real issue since 1990 and even more so since 2001. The ACA didn't change that as I remember as well health ins was always through ones employer, then cost share, then higher cost share on the employee's side , then hiring only part time workers who did not get bennies, but that has changed and that is why the ACA is needed even more. Besides I have a problem with free loaders, I think everyone needs to pay what they can, unless they fall into the Medicaid area, which now is going to fall back on the states.

who's fault is it the jobs are only part time? and how long can you suck monies from our children mainly for this "fascist" Insurance scam of Obama's . Thankfully I don't have to explain to my children who saddled them with this NEW Growing of the government Entitlement scam called. ObamaNocare

The children will be thankful free medical care is not free anymore. Gee I don't know Stephanie, who hires people part time?? Any ideas. I imagine your one who doesn't want to pay any premiums, and just hop into the er when needed. Get ins or pay a fine.

Yet more people now have healthcare.....you are just pandering to your party, who continues to peddle bs.

In March 2015 HHS reported a total of 16.4 covered due to the ACA between the Marketplace, Medicaid expansion, young adults staying on their parents plan.

According to a 2015 study by the CDC using Census data the uninsured rate fell from 15.7% to 9.2% under ObamaCare in 2015 (the lowest uninsured rate in 50 years).

While many Americans do want to see the law repealed more Americans support the law, want to see the law improved, or don’t support it because it doesn’t do enough (for instance people wanted single payerinstead.)

http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-myths/

Company paid healthcare is part of what has led to government control of healthcare. Thanks FDR for freezing wages during WWII.

True, how it use to be is not the same , that is why health care has been an real issue since 1990 and even more so since 2001. The ACA didn't change that as I remember as well health ins was always through ones employer, then cost share, then higher cost share on the employee's side , then hiring only part time workers who did not get bennies, but that has changed and that is why the ACA is needed even more. Besides I have a problem with free loaders, I think everyone needs to pay what they can, unless they fall into the Medicaid area, which now is going to fall back on the states.

What would happen if your job moved to Mexico or they imported a worker for it. Have you considered that, if you didn't have a nest egg to buy ins with?

The problem being is that obamacare made it possible for companies to go to the thirty hour work week and let the rest of us pay for their healthcare.

As far as jobs being exported?
Both sides of the aisle have been doing it for years and bringing in foreign labor is really no different which is why you're seeing the current backlash against the GOP establishment.

The children will be thankful free medical care is not free anymore. Gee I don't know Stephanie, who hires people part time?? Any ideas. I imagine your one who doesn't want to pay any premiums, and just hop into the er when needed. Get ins or pay a fine.
sure they will when the IRS confiscates their tax returns they were RELYING on. nothing like living off the backs of our children, eh?

Yet more people now have healthcare.....you are just pandering to your party, who continues to peddle bs.

In March 2015 HHS reported a total of 16.4 covered due to the ACA between the Marketplace, Medicaid expansion, young adults staying on their parents plan.

According to a 2015 study by the CDC using Census data the uninsured rate fell from 15.7% to 9.2% under ObamaCare in 2015 (the lowest uninsured rate in 50 years).

While many Americans do want to see the law repealed more Americans support the law, want to see the law improved, or don’t support it because it doesn’t do enough (for instance people wanted single payerinstead.)

ObamaCare Myths: Myths About the Affordable Care Act

Yeah what a great deal....I have to pay for a bunch of dead beats as well as my own insurance.

Company paid healthcare is part of what has led to government control of healthcare. Thanks FDR for freezing wages during WWII.

Nah...i'm pretty sure it's the governments attempt at more control.

Lol. O was supposed to fix it and y'all are still bitching about how bad it is. Unreal.

sure they will when the IRS confiscates their tax returns they were RELYING on. nothing like living off the backs of our children, eh?

Yes we can be sure that if Trump doesn't get in , he will vote for Cruz who is going to get rid of the IRS, along with the ACA, Dept of Ed, and the EPA.
Can you even imagine the people who will loose their high paying jobs with fringe benefits. Lets hope the children have jobs when the grow up, many college grads can't even find jobs now days.

Yeah what a great deal....I have to pay for a bunch of dead beats as well as my own insurance.

If you were smart you would have realized you were paying for more dead beats before.....all the ones that went to the ER and couldn't pay....but I guess that bit of wisdom escaped you.

If you were smart you would have realized you were paying for more dead beats before.....all the ones that went to the ER and couldn't pay....but I guess that bit of wisdom escaped you.

How about we stop letting in indigent illegal immigrants?
And the fact is ever since Barrycare kicked in the prices have skyrocketed.
And that is the only bit of wisdom I need to know.

Here's my alternative to Obamacare, I call it the get a job loser and buy your own damn insurance plan.

Another great mind who doesn't understand the ACA or even the job market. I guess kids can stay on their parents ins until what 26 now. In my day, we were well into adulthood by then .

Another liberal who fails at math. ACA for many people is like not having health insurance at all. First they have to pay the inflated premium costs buying way more coverage than they need. Then they have to pay off the ridiculously high annual deductible before the plan even pays for anything. For most people in most years they will end up paying for everything out of pocket before reaching the deductible so the plan was worthless. Before ACA people could purchase much lower cost catastrophic healthcare plans and save a ton of money vs ACA.

Worse, young people those with the least amount of money to spend are forced to purchase WAY more coverage than they need. They are slaved out to subsidize old people and the moochers who pay virtually nothing.

Last edited:
this pos insurance scam forced on us by Obama and his party already came back and hurt me and my guy. we live together and last year I didn't work to take care of him, because he had open heart surgery and a cancer removed off his lung.

so when he filed his taxes he asked if he could claim me as a dependent since he supported me. he was told: since I didn't sign (I refuse to be FORCED into buying something from this Federal Government) .
since I didn't sign up for OscamCare he couldn't claim me or he'd have to pay THE FINE.

this pos insurance scam forced on us by Obama and his party already came back and hurt me and my guy. we live together and last year I didn't work to take care of him, because he had open heart surgery and a cancer removed off his lung.

so when he filed his taxes he asked if he could claim me as a dependent since he supported me. he was told: since I didn't sign (I refuse to be FORCED into buying something from this Federal Government) .
since I didn't sign up for OscamCare he couldn't claim me or he'd have to pay THE FINE.

Obamacare is so wonderful they have to force people to participate or be FINE and PUNISHED :laugh:

Another liberal who fails at math. ACA for many people is like not having health insurance at all. First they have to pay the inflated premium costs buying way more coverage than they need. Then they have to pay off the ridiculously annual deductible before the plan even pays for anything. For most people in most years they will end up paying for everything out of pocket before reaching the deductible so the plan was worthless. Before ACA people could purchase much lower cost catastrophic healthcare plans and save a ton of money vs ACA.

Worse, young people those with the least amount of money to spend are forced to purchase WAY more coverage than they need. They are slaved out to subsidize old people and the moochers who pay virtually nothing.

They have catastrophic healthcare plans on the Marketplace ACA, with the high OOP costs, but lower premiums.

So the ACA marketplace ins. plans are not health ins, REAL health ins plans. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back