🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

trump Backs Down. Again.

There will be no executive order to add the citizenship question on the census.

The citizenship question won't be on the census.

trump has given up trying to put it on the census and says he will have the commerce department will get a count of undocumented people another way.

So the republican scheme of trying to cheat is stopped. This time.

Trump expected to end his fight to add citizenship question to census, sources say
Constitution 1
Trump 0

The numbers Trump's administration comes up with will be heavily suspect, imo, but all they've got to go on is the same information they already have. I predict about the same level of success as the Commission to Investigate Illegal Voting. Remember that?

LOL, trump's claim that this is his idea is lie number 11,976. The way it will be done, is the same way it has been done in the past.

he never said it was his idea,,,,

You didn't listen to his remarks, and why did his pony congratulate him in finding a way to get what he wanted?

who???

Do you even know what gerrymandering is? Not your brightest post, Centrista!

By the way...the decision not to include the question from the census was made for logistics...there wasn't enough time to defeat the lawsuits you liberals immediately filed when the citizen question was proposed and have the question be on this census! If you think this is going away however you're incredibly naïve. The American people support it overwhelmingly!

Naw, here's what's going to happen.

After Trump is driven from office, we are going to feel so bad about his concentration camps that we will finally give a path to citizenship to the millions of undocumented Americans...

Republicans will deny they ever supported Trump like they all deny they ever supported Nixon.

Oh, you mean the "camps" that are filled to overflowing with illegal immigrants that were caravanned here from Central America by you liberals? You two faced cretins could care LESS about them other than using them to keep political power! You're the ones who created this mess in the first place...now you want US to feel bad about it?

Cheat? Why is knowing who has citizenship cheating? I would say keeping that info from Americans is cheating.

You're asking a question you know the answer to.

However to be polite, here's the answer to your question:

Dead man's hard drives the 'smoking gun' in census debate?

Now, however, a new wrinkle has emerged on the whole issue in an unusual way—via the hard drives of a deceased Republican strategist. Critics say the hard drives provide evidence for what they've been saying all along, that the citizenship question is a thinly disguised attempt to suppress minority voters and help white Republicans. The Justice Department says that's ridiculous. The Supreme Court has been informed of the new development, but whether it will play a role in justices' deliberations remains unclear. The details:

• The strategist: The GOP's Thomas Hofeller is described by the New York Times as the "Michelangelo of gerrymandering, the architect of partisan political maps that cemented the party's dominance across the country." He died last August, and his estranged daughter, Stephanie Hofeller Lizon, recovered his hard drives.
  • His work: The hard drives, which his daughter gave to the advocacy group Common Cause, detail Hofeller's research in Texas. He concluded that if new voting maps were based not on population but more specifically on the number of American citizens of voting age, they "would be advantageous to Republicans and non-Hispanic whites." And they "would clearly be a disadvantage to the Democrats," he wrote, per the Washington Post.

In other words, like I said in my OP, cheat.
So illegals vote?

I'll play your game one more time. If you reply the same ridiculous way, I won't reply.

The citizenship question was put there to get an undercount of the population. Specifically in democratic held areas.

If there's an undercount of the population areas won't get the proper funding nor will they get the proper representation in congress. Thus losing seats that the state should have because of its population.

That will give an unfair benefit to republicans.

If you want to dispute that the proof of it was taken to the Supreme Court. At least one conservative judge on that court realized what trump and the republicans are trying to do and that wilber ross lied to the court about their reasons for that question.

Justice Roberts put in his ruling that the reasons the government were "contrived" which means he's saying he doesn't like being lied to.

You can play stupid all you want but all you're doing is making a fool of yourself.
I wonder if you even know you are lying about this?

If we ask the citizenship question, and everyone answers yes or no, the EVERYFUCKINGPERSON has been counted.

No undercount has occurred.

The question can then be used to ACCURATELY apportion representation in our government.
Why should illegals get representation?
I didn't say that they should Simply because they are counted does not mean they should be counted in seat apportionment.

The left's argument is that if the question is on the form, they'll not get adequate representation.

That simply is not true. Even if they check the box, "Not a citizen" they are still be counted.

The real reason they -- the left -- don't want the question on the form is that it would then be apparent to everyone that states with high illegal populations would lose house seats. They are already cheating the system and they won't want their cheating to stop.

trump has given up trying to put it on the census and says he will have the commerce department will get a count of undocumented people another way.

Trump expected to end his fight to add citizenship question to census, sources say
He flips more often than a pansexual.

That's true.

It's hard to know what is true from that man.

It's near 5pm in the east. If trump was going to do that EO and announce it, he would have done it by now. So I'm more inclined to believe the article.

It's good news.

Why are you so against the question about citizenship being on the 2020 census?

The Census is intended to count all people, not just citizen.

The question would lead to an under count of people.

But even an undercount wouldn't be illegal or necessarily wrong if Trump had had a legit/legal reason to ask the question. For example, he might have said we just want to count the non-citizens to get a better estimate of how many there are. And even with an undercount, the data might be useful, and if statisticians could measure what the undercount was, the data might be really useful.

But instead Trump trotted out barely continent Ross to say "we want to enforce the voting rights act." Hopefully he was being sarcastic, because everyone knows Trump does not want to do that. And then the real reason came out of how Trump wanted to undercount people in blue states so the gop illegitimately could gain power. Even Roberts wasn't putting up with Trump trying to bullshit courts. Judges get really pissed when you lie to them.

That's true.

It's near 5pm in the east. If trump was going to do that EO and announce it, he would have done it by now. So I'm more inclined to believe the article.

It's good news.

But even an undercount wouldn't be illegal or necessarily wrong if Trump had had a legit/legal reason to ask the question. For example, he might have said we just want to count the non-citizens to get a better estimate of how many there are. And even with an undercount, the data might be useful, and if statisticians could measure what the undercount was, the data might be really useful.

But instead Trump trotted out barely continent Ross to say "we want to enforce the voting rights act." Hopefully he was being sarcastic, because everyone knows Trump does not want to do that. And then the real reason came out of how Trump wanted to undercount people in blue states so the gop illegitimately could gain power. Even Roberts wasn't putting up with Trump trying to bullshit courts. Judges get really pissed when you lie to them.

It was pretty clumsy.

"The Constitution also explicitly granted Congress the final say when it came to reapportioning each state’s delegation to the House and Electoral College based on the census count.

Congressional authority was reinvigorated after the Civil War. The 14th Amendment, enacted in 1868, abolished the 1787 compromise counting slaves as 3/5 of a person and gave Congress new marching orders. It declared that “representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State.”

This insistence on persons, not citizens, was deliberate."

Why Trump’s Census Play Is Blatantly Unconstitutional

That's true.

It's good news.

Why would you count non citizens?
They dont need representation.

Cheat? Why is knowing who has citizenship cheating? I would say keeping that info from Americans is cheating.

You're asking a question you know the answer to.

However to be polite, here's the answer to your question:

Dead man's hard drives the 'smoking gun' in census debate?

Now, however, a new wrinkle has emerged on the whole issue in an unusual way—via the hard drives of a deceased Republican strategist. Critics say the hard drives provide evidence for what they've been saying all along, that the citizenship question is a thinly disguised attempt to suppress minority voters and help white Republicans. The Justice Department says that's ridiculous. The Supreme Court has been informed of the new development, but whether it will play a role in justices' deliberations remains unclear. The details:

• The strategist: The GOP's Thomas Hofeller is described by the New York Times as the "Michelangelo of gerrymandering, the architect of partisan political maps that cemented the party's dominance across the country." He died last August, and his estranged daughter, Stephanie Hofeller Lizon, recovered his hard drives.
  • His work: The hard drives, which his daughter gave to the advocacy group Common Cause, detail Hofeller's research in Texas. He concluded that if new voting maps were based not on population but more specifically on the number of American citizens of voting age, they "would be advantageous to Republicans and non-Hispanic whites." And they "would clearly be a disadvantage to the Democrats," he wrote, per the Washington Post.

In other words, like I said in my OP, cheat.
So illegals vote?

I'll play your game one more time. If you reply the same ridiculous way, I won't reply.

The citizenship question was put there to get an undercount of the population. Specifically in democratic held areas.

If there's an undercount of the population areas won't get the proper funding nor will they get the proper representation in congress. Thus losing seats that the state should have because of its population.

That will give an unfair benefit to republicans.

If you want to dispute that the proof of it was taken to the Supreme Court. At least one conservative judge on that court realized what trump and the republicans are trying to do and that wilber ross lied to the court about their reasons for that question.

Justice Roberts put in his ruling that the reasons the government were "contrived" which means he's saying he doesn't like being lied to.

You can play stupid all you want but all you're doing is making a fool of yourself.

Why do non citizens need representation?

That's true.

It's good news.

The reason we count them is the same reason why any Tom Dick or Harriet can purchase enough weapons and ammunition to create their own memorial massacre. We're too polarized by entrenched interests to change it.

The OP is lying. He did issue one.

Trump, 'not backing down' in effort to count citizens amid census fight, announces executive order

Might want to get better "sources."

No it's not.

That question won't be on the census form.

trump announced it with Barr and ross this afternoon from the rose garden.

I won't read your link. It looks like it's from just after the Supreme Court ruling which means you're using an old article which is obsolete now. It's probably from a far right radical extremist site and I don't read such garbage.

Here's the video, from trump's own mouth:

Do you enjoy making a fool of yourself?

Did you even watch the video?
Read the title dimwit.......

That's true.

It's good news.

The reason we count them is the same reason why any Tom Dick or Harriet can purchase enough weapons and ammunition to create their own memorial massacre. We're too polarized by entrenched interests to change it.

Non citizens cannot buy firearms in the U.S.

That's true.

It's good news.

I bet they can.

I bet they can.

Through illegal means yeah.

That's true.

It's good news.

Ever heard the phrase "look before you leap"?

And?
They cant legally buy firearms.
I guess Trump was right by your own admission...they are criminals.

I bet they can.

Of course they can. The motive is profit.

And?

Green card holders are permitted to buy and purchase firearms and ammunition. Check your state law requirements.

And?

Green card holders are permitted to buy and purchase firearms and ammunition. Check your state law requirements.
Green card holders are not here illegally.

And?

Obviously I was referring to illegals.

And?

Obviously I was referring to illegals.

Yeah? I can see how some people would irrationally conflate the two. I mean they weren't trying to put a "Are you an Illegal Alien" question on the Census were they? But some people might see it that way.

Forum List

Back