trump begs Florida judge to restore his Twitter account

Do you think trump should have his Twitter account reactivated?

• No, he'll just call for more violence

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Yes, trump has learned his lesson and will behave in the future

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Other, specify below

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters
Have you ever actually read the First Amendment?

If so, show me the words in it that apply to private compaines.

Thanks, I will be waiting.

Originally the 1st amendment did not apply to anyone but the federal government.
But after the 14th amendment, then all levels of government became required to defend all individual rights.
Which means Twitter violated the FCC regulations when it banned the legal but political content of Trump.

Vulgarity certainly may be. If you call me a fucking gay Jew, that should be a reason to ban someone. If you call me a Jewish cannibal. It is funny and I should be allowed to retort.
I think you missed the point.

How does Twitter develop an automated system to take down defamation?

They can’t. Your solution is bogus.

I think you missed the point.

How does Twitter develop an automated system to take down defamation?

They can’t. Your solution is bogus.
They have it. Listen to the Joe Rogan/Jack Dorsey podcast.

I already answered you. LOL

Those aren't public but they are on a server and the recipient may forward them as such. How many people have lost their jobs over text? But Verizon isn't punished for it because they don't censor or control them.

Because they do not see them or read them

Like when they removed a passenger because he asked the stewardess if he could "blow up the plane".
That's a threat of violence, moron. They would also arrest you if you threatened to blow up my house.

God, are you ever a fucking moron.
He was holding an airplane shaped balloon he bought for his childs birthday, and was asking the stewardess if he could "blow it up" before getting off the plane.

The result was arrest by the sky marshals.

They don't care if i'ts a joke, or hyperbole.

It’s not illegal. Twitter owns the platform. Their decision of what to put on it is enshrined in the first amendment.

Wrong.
Twitter does not own anything, but simply leverages the public internet, which has regulations preventing political censorship or discrimination.
To use the internet, Twitter has to sign an agreement to never ban or censor based on political views.
Since nothing Trump said was illegal, then Twitter can not legally ban or censor.

Lol, you already confused vulgarity and defamation.

They don’t have it. You’re just confused again.
They have it for defamation too. Long discussion on it. They get into Antifa, etc.

Are you going to put me on ignore now?

Wrong.
Twitter does not own anything, but simply leverages the public internet, which has regulations preventing political censorship or discrimination.
To use the internet, Twitter has to sign an agreement to never ban or censor based on political views.
Since nothing Trump said was illegal, then Twitter can not legally ban or censor.
False.
The servers that maintain Twitter’s site are not public.

There is no agreement that you’re describing.

They have it for defamation too. Long discussion on it. They get into Antifa, etc.

Are you going to put me on ignore now?
How does their system know if a claim is true or not?

They have an AI that is now the arbiter of truth?

Oh the irony.

From the 1930s through the 1950s, Congress intensively investigated alleged political radicals. The House Committee on Un-American Activities focused on universities, labor unions, and the film industry. In 1947 the committee called Hollywood actors, directors, producers, and screenwriters to testify regarding communist influence on motion pictures. Ten men who refused to state their political affiliations, claiming First Amendment rights, were imprisoned for contempt of Congress. The “Hollywood Ten” became the first victims of a blacklist by major movie studios that curtailed hundreds of careers before it ended in 1960.

Exactly.
Any sort of discrimination or political censorship is illegal and must be fought.

There is not one single thing in the 14th amendment dealing with free speech, quit making shit up.
No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

If you say Azog is a gay nazi and I am banned from defending myself due to their subjectivity one may argue they have deprived me of my legal rights? IDK. Let the courts decide.

Of course they do. But they don't ban people for sending them.

You think that ATT sees every sinlge text sent on their network....

really??? :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Twitter banning people based on subjectivity makes them for all intents and purposes a content provider.

Yes, I know that is your opinion. I do not share it.

So a president is not allowed to have a sense of humor? You really need to stop eating those retard sandwiches.
Right place, right time. Many presidents have made jokes, which they identified as a joke when they said it.

Trump would make serious statements, like asking why we have nuclear weapons if we aren't going to use them, and when they backfire, pretend they were jokes retroactively.

How does their system know if a claim is true or not?

They have an AI that is now the arbiter of truth?
Listen to the podcast. Their system is highly advanced and they have 100s of persons checking on tweets it picks up continuously.

False.
The servers that maintain Twitter’s site are not public.

There is no agreement that you’re describing.
Can Twitter or any other site be broken up by the government? Like Bell telephone and others.

Forum List

Back