trump begs Florida judge to restore his Twitter account

Do you think trump should have his Twitter account reactivated?

• No, he'll just call for more violence

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Yes, trump has learned his lesson and will behave in the future

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Other, specify below

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters
What is wrong with the concept of "if you do not like how they do things, then do not give them your business"
Because again, I can go on there and say Golfing Gator likes wearing pink dresses and if you retort Twitter may at its own discretion block you and anyone who dares defend you. So now all people see is that you wear pink dresses with zero retorts. To me you're now peddling a narrative and are a provider of content vs. being a neutral message board. And thus you should be regulated as such. How many different ways do I need to explain this? If I am wrong the courts can definitely state as such and I will shut up.

Nonsense. Automated systems can’t pick up everything. How do you write software that picks up calling Biden a cannibal? You don’t.
Listen to the Joe Rogan podcast with Jack Dorsey and his head of legal. It is three hours long and you would be shocked at what they can pick up.

The Equal Protection clause of the 14th amendment ensures that government is required to prosecute companies like Twitter for illegal discrimination and political censorship.
Twitter can block criminal acts, but there is no evidence of any criminal acts, so Twitter has no legal defense.
Oh the irony.

From the 1930s through the 1950s, Congress intensively investigated alleged political radicals. The House Committee on Un-American Activities focused on universities, labor unions, and the film industry. In 1947 the committee called Hollywood actors, directors, producers, and screenwriters to testify regarding communist influence on motion pictures. Ten men who refused to state their political affiliations, claiming First Amendment rights, were imprisoned for contempt of Congress. The “Hollywood Ten” became the first victims of a blacklist by major movie studios that curtailed hundreds of careers before it ended in 1960.

Listen to the Joe Rogan podcast with Jack Dorsey and his head of legal. It is three hours long and you would be shocked at what they can pick up.
Vulgarity isn’t even the main issue.

Defamation is. How does an automated system know if a claim is defamatory?

I think he is talking about my text messages since he said the phone company, that is what I was speaking of
Those aren't public but they are on a server and the recipient may forward them as such. How many people have lost their jobs over text? But Verizon isn't punished for it because they don't censor or control them.

Call it whatever you want. Doesn’t change anything.

Yes it does.
You can only censor things that are illegal because they would harm the rights of others.
Trump was illegally discriminated against due to Twitter disliking legal things Trump was saying.
And that is illegal to censor and discriminate against.

Vulgarity isn’t even the main issue.

Defamation is. How does an automated system know if a claim is defamatory?
Vulgarity certainly may be. If you call me a fucking gay Jew, that should be a reason to ban someone. If you call me a Jewish cannibal. It is funny and I should be allowed to retort.

Yes it does.
You can only censor things that are illegal because they would harm the rights of others.
Trump was illegally discriminated against due to Twitter disliking legal things Trump was saying.
And that is illegal to censor and discriminate against.
It’s not illegal. Twitter owns the platform. Their decision of what to put on it is enshrined in the first amendment.

Forum List

Back