Trump: Boycott Apple

The underlying issue is a serious one. Apple is embroiled in a dispute with the Justice Department over an encrypted iPhone belonging to one of the shooters in the San Bernardino massacre of Dec. 2. The FBI is demanding that Apple develop technology to unlock the phone, so they can investigate information the shooter may have stored there.

Collision of elephants: Trump v. Apple
Does anyone NOT want this phone unlocked?

Speak up?
i'm not certain it is constitutional ...apple should appeal, and once that program is developed it makes all iphones more susceptible to hacking....

the gvt messed up by changing the password on the phone, they could have gotten the cloud to back it up from the dude's house and had all the info they needed.... from what i just read....

Fox is reporting that the FBI has no issue with only Apple retaining, or even destroying the unlocking code.

The underlying issue is a serious one. Apple is embroiled in a dispute with the Justice Department over an encrypted iPhone belonging to one of the shooters in the San Bernardino massacre of Dec. 2. The FBI is demanding that Apple develop technology to unlock the phone, so they can investigate information the shooter may have stored there.

Speak up?

The price is too high. Sorry.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/02/19/donald-trump-apple-boycott/80626758/

Boycott an American company, use your Korean Samsung phone.

Yeah, that's presidential.

Holy crap, this guy...

Yes Apple who's over priced electronics are made with Chinese slave labor..

How iPhone Is Made: The Global Assembly Line - Financesonline.com

Looks like you dropped the ball big time with your failed thread!
It's an American company.

I expected spin for Trump, but wow, it's been on overdrive here. From the same side of the spectrum that claims it's so pro-American business. They should be able to maximize profits and shareholder value, they should be able to run their business as they choose, all that.

I guess it depends on the story. Samsung okay, Apple not okay. You folks are sounding like liberals.

Way to go, loser. If you can just get someone to agree that the nutbags here are the intellectual equal to "liberals", you get to keep having your fun.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/02/19/donald-trump-apple-boycott/80626758/

Holy crap, this guy...

I expected spin for Trump, but wow, it's been on overdrive here. From the same side of the spectrum that claims it's so pro-American business. They should be able to maximize profits and shareholder value, they should be able to run their business as they choose, all that.

I guess it depends on the story. Samsung okay, Apple not okay. You folks are sounding like liberals.

Way to go, loser. If you can just get someone to agree that the nutbags here are the intellectual equal to "liberals", you get to keep having your fun.
Of course liberals are nutbags...anyone who thinks unlimited gov good, has to be a nutbag.

Holy crap, this guy...

Poor far left done thinks that they are a "liberal". Then again the nutbags have clown avatars!

Holy crap, this guy...

See how the so called "moderates" support an American company over pricing their products at the cost of slave labor in China!

That is what a "liberal" aka far left drones support!

The decision by Mr. Obama’s Justice Department to force Apple to help it breach an iPhone used by one of the San Bernardino terrorists has ended, at least for now, the president’s attempts to straddle the feud over encryption between Silicon Valley and law enforcement.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/20/u...-ends-attempt-to-straddle-privacy-divide.html

Holy crap, this guy...

Of course liberals are nutbags...anyone who thinks unlimited gov good, has to be a nutbag.

Yes the far left drones want your government to be GOD!

Speak up?
i'm not certain it is constitutional ...apple should appeal, and once that program is developed it makes all iphones more susceptible to hacking....

the gvt messed up by changing the password on the phone, they could have gotten the cloud to back it up from the dude's house and had all the info they needed.... from what i just read....

Fox is reporting that the FBI has no issue with only Apple retaining, or even destroying the unlocking code.

You mean like the iPhone5 where hackers stole the information from millions of people?

Or, is this just another lie because this evil government will want more.

Speak up?

But how can the Federal Govt FORCE a PRIVATE company to develop this program?

What power derived from the Constitution of the United States gives the govt the right to do this....?

NONE, that I am aware of????

This doesn't stop the govt from trying to develop such a program of their own but to FORCE a private company to do seems just plain wrong...

Speak up?

I see no reason for apple to provide a backdoor to all their phones,but they damn sure ought to open this one.
I keep hearing different stories as to which of those the feds are demanding.

If they crack that phone, no iPhone is secure anymore. Yes, it is that simple.

Speak up?

But how can the Federal Govt FORCE a PRIVATE company to develop this program?

What power derived from the Constitution of the United States gives the govt the right to do this....?

NONE, that I am aware of????

This doesn't stop the govt from trying to develop such a program of their own but to FORCE a private company to do seems just plain wrong...

What gives the government the right to force coal power plants to invent technology to make them burn cleaner?

What gives the government the power to require trucking companies to install electronic logs in all their trucks?

What gives the government the ability to require all vehicles to pass strict emissions controls? Detroit diesel, Cummins and Mercedes put millions into the redesigns, and re-redesigns over the past 10 years. Caterpillar gave up, and no longer produces over the road engines.

All for the greater good.

Not saying I agree, just stating it is a fact that they have the power.

Speak up?

I see no reason for apple to provide a backdoor to all their phones,but they damn sure ought to open this one.
I keep hearing different stories as to which of those the feds are demanding.

If they crack that phone, no iPhone is secure anymore. Yes, it is that simple.

Not if apple doesnt show em how to do it.

No, even then...because that puts Apple (and anyone using an iPhone) one disgruntled employee away from catastrophe

I see your side of it I really do,but when it comes to terrorist they need to cooperate....for that one phone.

The NSA thanks you for your expected emotional reaction to this situation.

No, even then...because that puts Apple (and anyone using an iPhone) one disgruntled employee away from catastrophe

I see your side of it I really do,but when it comes to terrorist they need to cooperate....for that one phone.

And ISIS appreciates your support....

:lol::lol::lol:

Did I enter a time-warp back to 2001?

I thought you guys were all about "freedom" now, and put all your nanny-state surveillance shit behind you.

And ISIS appreciates your support....

:lol::lol::lol:

Did I enter a time-warp back to 2001?

I thought you guys were all about "freedom" now, and put all your nanny-state surveillance shit behind you.

Not at all...Apple should tell the feds to fuck off if they want a use at will backdoor.
You want to protect the individual phone that belongs to a terrorist.

Forum List

Back