Trump: Boycott Apple

No, even then...because that puts Apple (and anyone using an iPhone) one disgruntled employee away from catastrophe

I see your side of it I really do,but when it comes to terrorist they need to cooperate....for that one phone.

The NSA thanks you for your expected emotional reaction to this situation.

And ISIS appreciates your support....

:lol::lol::lol:

Did I enter a time-warp back to 2001?

I thought you guys were all about "freedom" now, and put all your nanny-state surveillance shit behind you.

Not at all...Apple should tell the feds to fuck off if they want a use at will backdoor.
You want to protect the individual phone that belongs to a terrorist.

No, I want to protect my phone.

You can't put the cat back in the bag. Do you really trust the government enough to not use this tool, once they have precedent for it?

I see your side of it I really do,but when it comes to terrorist they need to cooperate....for that one phone.

I thought you guys were all about "freedom" now, and put all your nanny-state surveillance shit behind you.

Not at all...Apple should tell the feds to fuck off if they want a use at will backdoor.

You can't put the cat back in the bag. Do you really trust the government enough to not use this tool, once they have precedent for it?

Bullshit...if you never show the means to break the phone the feds won't be able to break it.
To tell you the truth I think this is Apple playing to their customers.

Bullshit...if you never show the means to break the phone the feds won't be able to break it.

They're playing to people who actually understand the issue and the tech culture in general.

It's amazing to me that all the government have to do is shout "TERRORIST", and as long as it involves a Muslim, you're more than happy to throw away all the freedoms you claim to be fighting for.

They're playing to people who actually understand the issue and the tech culture in general.

It's amazing to me that all the government have to do is shout "TERRORIST", and as long as it involves a Muslim, you're more than happy to throw away all the freedoms you claim to be fighting for.

The guy was a terrorist and I personally dont give a shit about their freedoms.

No, even then...because that puts Apple (and anyone using an iPhone) one disgruntled employee away from catastrophe

What annoys me most is that Apple seems to think this is an "all or nothing" proposition. That if they jailbreak this one phone that you'll be able to jailbreak any phone instantly.

Unger and Steel on POTUS channel had a good idea. Use the same principle that the engravers of the dollar bills do. No one person has all of the art work to make bills themselves...use 4-5 teams of engineers and let a senior group use whatever program on that phone; to unlock it.

Crisp and clean and only the most senior people know about it and none of them know the inner programming.

What annoys me most is that Apple seems to think this is an "all or nothing" proposition. That if they jailbreak this one phone that you'll be able to jailbreak any phone instantly.

Unger and Steel on POTUS channel had a good idea. Use the same principle that the engravers of the dollar bills do. No one person has all of the art work to make bills themselves...use 4-5 teams of engineers and let a senior group use whatever program on that phone; to unlock it.

Crisp and clean and only the most senior people know about it and none of them know the inner programming.
Dumbass, the federal governments position on this is 100% wrong. Apple needs to hold on this, government has business in private business.

It is an all-or-nothing proposition.

As soon as such a tool exists, and as soon as there's legal precedent for the FBI to use it, what's to stop any judge in the country from subpoenaing it whenever they want?

Coding doesn't work like engraving - someone will have to compile the program together, and it's just a series of ones and zeros, rather than a physical engraving plate. There's no way to prevent it from being copied and sent around.

And once that cat is out of the bag, the game's over.

The FBI and the NSA have wanted a backdoor into Apple's encryption for years now - and they've patiently waited until they had an emotionally significant case ("TERRORISM") to ask for it. Once they get it, it'll never go away.

So all the government has to do is attach the word "TERRORIST" to someone, and then they lose all their rights?

So all the government has to do is attach the word "TERRORIST" to someone, and then they lose all their rights?

You're going to be hard pressed to label a guy selling dime bags a terrorist.

What about those clowns who were occupying the bird reserve in Oregon?

I wouldnt call that terrorism.
Hell,the BLM assholes fit the description more than they do.

Who the fuck cares what you would call it? We're not talking about you, we're talking about the government. You're not the arbiter of what is or is not "TERRORISM".

Who the fuck cares what you would call it? We're not talking about you, we're talking about the government. You're not the arbiter of what is or is not "TERRORISM".

So these guys aren't going to have lawyers?

Why should "TERRORISTS" get lawyers?

Didn't you already say that you "don't give a shit about their freedoms"?

You're stretching...

The BLM has abused it's authority over the years just as the EPA has done the same...............

This issue is not about that case our I would post a dozen or so cases showing that abuse that helped lead to what happened..............

Apple is spot on to fight this one, as they are protecting their company and customers to an open back door. If the issue was just a court order to give the data requested on the Cali terrorist then I'm sure they would have already done so..............The Gov't is asking for more.............

No dice.

You're stretching...

No, I'm not. I'm making my point rather succinctly, actually. It's possible that it's going over your head, though.

When you take away any freedoms based on a label, then you're giving the power to take away freedoms to the people who get to assign that label.

You're stretching...

No, I'm not. I'm making my point rather succinctly, actually. It's possible that it's going over your head, though.

When you take away any freedoms based on a label, then you're giving the power to take away freedoms to the people who get to assign that label.

I dont trust the government for shit I would have to say less than you do.
And the gov can make you disappear for no reason already so I find you're hysteria to be a little disingenuous.

And here's another novel idea....stop letting the fuckers into our country and we wouldnt even be talking about it.

steve_breen_steve_breen_for_02182016_5_.jpg

Forum List

Back