Trump Calls on Sessions to ‘Stop the Rigged Witch Hunt Right Now’

Exactly. The special counsel investigating Clinton was an open ended investigation. Bet you didn't complain about it then.
Of course they didn’t. They never once complained about the cost. They never complained it took too long. They never complained about Starr being connected to the Paula Jones case. They never complained that events investigated over Whitewater occurred decades earlier. They never called it a witch hunt. They never demanded it be shut down.

Payback’s a bitch, let me tell you.
Yes, the current witch hunt is politically motivated, as you are insinuating.

That is actually why the law granting special powers of appointment were allowed to sunset. We are now openly subverting the Constitution. Happy?
Oh? Who’s subverting the Constitution and what exactly are they subverting?
The Attorney general's office is subverting it. They are subverting the appointments clause of the Constitution (article 2, section 2).
That clause of the U.S. Constitution reads as follows...

He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

... I’ve taken the liberty to highlight the relevant section which can render it Constitutional for a Special Counsel to be appointed by someone other than the president and without the consent of the Senate. That, however, would require the Congress to have passed such a law — which they did...

CFR › Title 28 › Chapter VI › Part 600: § 600.1 - Grounds for appointing a Special Counsel

The Attorney General, or in cases in which the Attorney General is recused, the Acting Attorney General, will appoint a Special Counsel when he or she determines that criminal investigation of a person or matter is warranted and -

(a) That investigation or prosecution of that person or matter by a United States Attorney's Office or litigating Division of the Department of Justice would present a conflict of interest for the Department or other extraordinary circumstances; and

(b) That under the circumstances, it would be in the public interest to appoint an outside Special Counsel to assume responsibility for the matter.

So it appears it was Constitutional for Rosenstein to appoint Mueller as Special Counsel as he did. The only argument against that would be if you could prove that Mueller is a principal officer since the Constitution only allows for the Congress to draft such laws as title 28 chapter VI § 600.1 if they apply to inferior officers.

Steven Calabresi of Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law tried to establish that argument but he failed miserably. Let’s see if you can do any better than a law professor....

Really the quickest way to impeachment would be for Trump to fire Rod Rosenstein or Robert Mueller. Something Richard Nixon did.

As for Jeff Sessions he can't do squat because he recused himself from the Russian investigation for lying under oath to Congress and he hasn't stopped lying either lol. 3 times now he has been caught lying to Congress.

Go to this link
Attorney General Jeff Sessions may be facing perjury charges.

Trump could order him to, it’s within his power to do so. Why do you think he hasn’t?

Because he’s playing you morons like the dupes you are.

The quickest way to impeachment would be for Trump to fire Robert Mueller or Rod Rosenstein. Personally I would love to see him do it-lol. You Trump tards ready need to study up on Richard Nixon & Watergate history.

Sessions can't fire anyone as he recused himself from the Russian investigation long ago for lying to Congress.

You need to stop listening to fake news. Yes Trump could be impeached, he can be impeached for anything Congress wants. Impeachment doesn’t mean he gets removed from office. You can’t remove him for doing something he has the legal authority to do. Sessions might not be able to fire him but Rosenstein can.

Exactly. The special counsel investigating Clinton was an open ended investigation. Bet you didn't complain about it then.
Of course they didn’t. They never once complained about the cost. They never complained it took too long. They never complained about Starr being connected to the Paula Jones case. They never complained that events investigated over Whitewater occurred decades earlier. They never called it a witch hunt. They never demanded it be shut down.

Yes, the current witch hunt is politically motivated, as you are insinuating.

That is actually why the law granting special powers of appointment were allowed to sunset. We are now openly subverting the Constitution. Happy?
Oh? Who’s subverting the Constitution and what exactly are they subverting?
The Attorney general's office is subverting it. They are subverting the appointments clause of the Constitution (article 2, section 2).
That clause of the U.S. Constitution reads as follows...

He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

... I’ve taken the liberty to highlight the relevant section which can render it Constitutional for a Special Counsel to be appointed by someone other than the president and without the consent of the Senate. That, however, would require the Congress to have passed such a law — which they did...

CFR › Title 28 › Chapter VI › Part 600: § 600.1 - Grounds for appointing a Special Counsel

The Attorney General, or in cases in which the Attorney General is recused, the Acting Attorney General, will appoint a Special Counsel when he or she determines that criminal investigation of a person or matter is warranted and -

(a) That investigation or prosecution of that person or matter by a United States Attorney's Office or litigating Division of the Department of Justice would present a conflict of interest for the Department or other extraordinary circumstances; and

(b) That under the circumstances, it would be in the public interest to appoint an outside Special Counsel to assume responsibility for the matter.

So it appears it was Constitutional for Rosenstein to appoint Mueller as Special Counsel as he did. The only argument against that would be if you could prove that Mueller is a principal officer since the Constitution only allows for the Congress to draft such laws as title 28 chapter VI § 600.1 if they apply to inferior officers.

Steven Calabresi of Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law tried to establish that argument but he failed miserably. Let’s see if you can do any better than a law professor....
The Code of Federal Regulations, which you have cited from (600.1), is not law in itself. It is the codification of law. The question reverts back to you. What law is being codified by CFR 600.1?

At one time a law existed which created the Office of Independent Counsel (Ethics in Government Act), but that was allowed to sunset in 1999.

so Trump calls on Sessions to obstruct the investigation - got it.

For all those who posted that investigations happen all the time with no charges and no evidence of a crime-You Are Wrong
Nope, it is you who are wrong. When agencies like the FBI, SEC, and FEC spot suspicious activity that could be tied to a crime, they investigate.

...That's because Trump is a coward.
Cadet Bone Spurs... Mister Five-Time-Draft-Dodger... doesn't understand the concepts of personal courage and honor.

He is intellectually and ethically and morally unfit for high office.

He is what happens when Spoiled Little Rich Boy meets a Lack of Palatable Alternatives.

Last edited:
...That's because Trump is a coward.
Cadet Bone Spurs... Mister Five-Time-Draft-Dodger... doesn't understand the concepts of personal courage and honor.

He is intellectually and ethically and morally unfit for high office.

He is what happens when Spoiled Little Rich Boy meets a Lack of Palatable Alternatives.

there is that .......

Gosh. Maybe he should have the high moral character of our erstwhile junkie-in-chief.

Trump is in the extreme panic mode!

===============================================
WASHINGTON — President Trump called on Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Wednesday to end the special counsel investigation, an extraordinary appeal to the nation’s top law enforcement official to end an inquiry directly into the president.

Mr. Trump’s lawyers quickly elaborated on the president’s message, saying it was not an order to a member of his cabinet, but merely an opinion.

"Merely an opinion".
Really? If nothing, this will truly ignite the Little Trumpsters.
"Collusion? There was no collusion".
To "collusion isn't a crime." That's panic. :2up:

Sessions has recused himself, thus he cannot remove Mueller.

If Trump wants something done, then fire Sessions.

So if you're so opposed to all those things, then on principle you're opposed to the current costly, lengthy, conflict of interest "investigation, right ? Right ?

...to delude yourself. Good for you.
Pot meet kettle.
Hillary ran a lousy campaign and she lost.
Now she's trying to get even.
So, keep deluding yourself.
You must have a reason.
Are you gay?
Hillary's with you.

Now she's trying to get even.

"She" is not part of the government. :cuckoo:
View attachment 208258
Hillary isn't being paid by the government, but her spies and fixers are everywhere in Washington.

This post is the essence of ignorance and stupidity. Hillary as the all-present demon.

Your economy is being torched in a tariff war. Employment is slowing. The rest of the world is laughing at your stupidity.

And you’re going “but Hillary”.

LOL, you're the idiot who thinks the US is more oppressive than any Islamic Nation. There is no reason to entertain anything you say.

I made no such statement. In fact I didn’t even mention Islamic countries. I said that the USA has the the highest rates of incarceration and fewer personal freedoms than any FIRST WORLD nation. I know of no Islamic first world country.

I love it when idiots launch into their “neener, neener” posts. It shows how much they regret the Trump Presidency. Other than “he’s not Hillary”, you’ve got nothing.

You’ve got an incompetent idiot in the White House who is destroying your economy with his phony trade war and your world standing. He’s helping Russia divide and destroy your nation and its integrity.

It’s all crashing down around you and you’re ever more loudly proclaiming “He’s not Hillary”. No, he’s a batshit crazy idiot in the pocket of the Russians.

The rest of the world is watching America destroy itself with hatred and animus. Weasels in a barrel.

But people are suffering and dying for your entertainment. When Trump is removed from office, your country has been so diminished by him, you may never recover.
1. Is there a doctor in the house ? This might require surgery.

2. Other than “he’s not Hillary”, Trump supporters have a long list of accomplishments from Trump.

Promises Kept | President Donald J. Trump's Accomplishments

3..Economy is booming, with record stock market surges, 4.1% GDP growth, and unemployment down to 3.8%. More jobs being opened to AMERICANS, with increases deportations of illegal aliens.

4. If you think the trade war is phony, then you're clueless about trade. Is giving the rest of the world unrestricted access to our huge/valuable market your idea of good trade policy
(while they fence
us out with high tariffs)? Give me a break.

5. Russia! HA HA HA. Nothing but a ridiculous diversion tactic to deflect attention away from the REAL big story of international interference in our elections > Mexico. (dividing and destroying America)

6. As usual, a liberal globalist is all hopped up bout "the world". God ony knows what "hatred or animus she's referring to. (or what "Weasels in a barrel" means) :confused:

7. And " people are suffering and dying for your entertainment" ? What the hell does THAT mean ? :whatsign:

This post is the essence of ignorance and stupidity. Hillary as the all-present demon.

Your economy is being torched in a tariff war. Employment is slowing. The rest of the world is laughing at your stupidity.

And you’re going “but Hillary”.

You are posting FALSE "information". No, employment is not slowing. In fact if is INCREASING >>

united-states-employment-rate.png

While UNemployment is dropping nicely >>

united-states-unemployment-rate.png

As for "the economy", it is BOOMING.

Its either take the news or fake the news and we know what a lot of libs are doing .

Trump could order him to, it’s within his power to do so. Why do you think he hasn’t?

Because he’s playing you morons like the dupes you are.

The quickest way to impeachment would be for Trump to fire Robert Mueller or Rod Rosenstein. Personally I would love to see him do it-lol. You Trump tards ready need to study up on Richard Nixon & Watergate history.

Sessions can't fire anyone as he recused himself from the Russian investigation long ago for lying to Congress.

You need to stop listening to fake news. Yes Trump could be impeached, he can be impeached for anything Congress wants. Impeachment doesn’t mean he gets removed from office. You can’t remove him for doing something he has the legal authority to do. Sessions might not be able to fire him but Rosenstein can.

Well you have been getting no news or totally contorted news from FOX NEWS. Your FAKE NEWS is really coming from FOX NEWS. Go to this link on this board for the examples.
I feel sorry for anyone that is still watching FOX NEWS. They are the FAKE news.

Believe it or not I used to be you. I was a life long fiscal conservative Republican until you made this Ass Clown the poster boy of the Republican party, and then I changed my party status to Independent and followed the adivce of a long time friend and former staffer of RONALD REAGAN. My all time politcal hero & POTUS, and I have over 17K posts on this thread.since 2008 to prove it.

You've been filled with 3 or more daily hours of reich wing hperbole, half truths, all out lies and misconceptions from these people. Today FOX NEWS is literrally insulting your integritry and intelligence on a daily basis, because they know you watch ONLY THEM and only read their approved reich wing websites, while they've been brainwashing you into believeing that all other news sources are FAKE.

57c08d44b996eb94008b4be1-960-720.png

Donald Trump broke the conservative media
For ANY FOX NEWS watcher, or talk radio listener to the above, I would strongly suggest that you actually spend the next 20 minutes reading the linked article.

Now again for the COLLUSION click this link on this board.
Do You Believe Based on Evidence, Russia Changed Outcome of 2016 Election

And for the BLUE WAVE that is coming at you click this link on this board.
Blue wave coming this November 2018

Last edited:

Forum List

Back