Trump cancels pay raises for federal employees - It's a BAD Economy NOW

Its a dog whistle to his base. They think all federal employees are Black.

That's it play the idiotic race card....and you should pay attention, Trump said the federal budgets can't support raises. But hell budgets don't matter just keep running up debt

So, Trump offers the wealthy 0.001% of individuals a massive tax cut, offers the corporations a massive tax cut, tax receipts go down as a result, and the federal worker loses out.

Glad to see your line of thinking there but I disagree.

Income inequality will continue to widen because of poor planning from those in charge. Check
Most of the federal workers are over paid and lazy and don't deserve a raise. Raised should be earned.
in the PO we were not over paid even though we did have our share of crappy workers.....

My Father was a carrier for nearly a quarter decade & he worked his azz off.

When Reagan took office two thirds of carrier vehicles were effectively 'taken.'

This caused 2/3rds of carriers to carry increased weight loads daily. Some full letter bags weighed over 80 lb. and these were collected at drop boxes three, to four times daily.

Reagan hated labor in America, just like most Republicans hate the average worker in America.

Trump cancels pay raises for federal employees - CNNPolitics

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump told lawmakers on Thursday he was scrapping a planned pay raise for civilian federal workers, saying the nation's budget couldn't support it.

In a letter to House and Senate leaders, Trump described the pay increase as "inappropriate."
"We must maintain efforts to put our Nation on a fiscally sustainable course, and Federal agency budgets cannot sustain such increases," the President wrote.

------ ----------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess if you can't have a $100 million 'military' parade then federal workers will have to pay for the wall.

Make Federal Workers Look for Other Employment, Again.

I heard the labor market is SMOKIN'
Excellent!

Were you as excited when Reagan fired over 11K PATCO controllers in 1981 & effectively killed organized labor in the US?
those guys knew the consequences when they decided to strike....and through out the 80's we heard Reagan was coming for the PO union....they are still around....

That's it play the idiotic race card....and you should pay attention, Trump said the federal budgets can't support raises. But hell budgets don't matter just keep running up debt

So, Trump offers the wealthy 0.001% of individuals a massive tax cut, offers the corporations a massive tax cut, tax receipts go down as a result, and the federal worker loses out.

Income inequality will continue to widen because of poor planning from those in charge. Check
Most of the federal workers are over paid and lazy and don't deserve a raise. Raised should be earned.
in the PO we were not over paid even though we did have our share of crappy workers.....

Post office? I knew a guy who worked for USPS, he hated it, I think he worked for them for about a year and said stuff it
he could not cut it then....with the pay and benefits they pay, the only people who quit after they make probation are the ones who cant cut it or got a better paying job....and there aint many jobs that pay more out there outside of UPS.....

Most federal agencies are a total waste of money to start with.

Last edited:
This is hilarious! Trump refuses to give lazy over paid fed workers a raise and the lib-trolls cry. Too bad. Back in my day raises were merit based, if you deserved a raise you got one, not just because. lol!

Edit! OMG! Did someone just play the race card!?

in reality, all US military ARE federal employees.

Why are you labeling the US military lazy?
Not talking about the military troll.
You are talking about the military if youre talking about federal workers.

The military just got a raise. They are essential.

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump told lawmakers on Thursday he was scrapping a planned pay raise for civilian federal workers, saying the nation's budget couldn't support it.

In a letter to House and Senate leaders, Trump described the pay increase as "inappropriate."
"We must maintain efforts to put our Nation on a fiscally sustainable course, and Federal agency budgets cannot sustain such increases," the President wrote.

------ ----------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess if you can't have a $100 million 'military' parade then federal workers will have to pay for the wall.

Excellent!

Were you as excited when Reagan fired over 11K PATCO controllers in 1981 & effectively killed organized labor in the US?
those guys knew the consequences when they decided to strike....and through out the 80's we heard Reagan was coming for the PO union....they are still around....

the route where I reside is serviced by five different carriers. The PO sent 'bean counters' out on teh routes about two years ago, had them follow carriers around with a stop watch, and after that, my route has turned into s***.
One of the carriers f***ed up two of my Priority deliveries on purpose. I let him slide the first time but the second time I went straight to his station manager. I told him if that guy ever shows up on my property again I will call police, file a trespassing complaint, and ask the cops to arrest the guy. The station manager said I was threatening the carrier. I said ,"No, it's not a threat; it's a legal matter." That carrier doesn't come around here any more.

My regular carrier works his azz off but now, since they f**ed up the route, after the bean counters a couple years ago, carriers will be on this route some times until 7 PM. F***ing crazy.

This is hilarious! Trump refuses to give lazy over paid fed workers a raise and the lib-trolls cry. Too bad. Back in my day raises were merit based, if you deserved a raise you got one, not just because. lol!

The Founding Fathers warned against a standing army; just saying.

Post office? I knew a guy who worked for USPS, he hated it, I think he worked for them for about a year and said stuff it
he could not cut it then....with the pay and benefits they pay, the only people who quit after they make probation are the ones who cant cut it or got a better paying job....and there aint many jobs that pay more out there outside of UPS.....

He retired from AT&T on a buyout took a job with USPS and quit and went to work with Verizon doing what he had been doing at AT&T. He's making about 32 a hour. I was stunned what AT&T bought him out for. Insanity

Excellent!

That was an excellent move.

When Reagan took office two thirds of carrier vehicles were effectively 'taken.'

This caused 2/3rds of carriers to carry increased weight loads daily. Some full letter bags weighed over 80 lb. and these were collected at drop boxes three, to four times daily.

Reagan hated labor in America, just like most Republicans hate the average worker in America.
your dad is fucking with you....bags have a weight limit of around 40 pounds.....and those guys being fired had no effect on postal operations.....

Why don't these federal workers go find a job in the private sector? Companies are hiring. Our government has gotten too big even I'll admit that. And no, I don't think this is about race at all. It never even crossed my mind. That's you being paranoid. And you know I tend to agree with you even if there is a hint of truth to what you are saying.

Republicans don't think government jobs should be good paying jobs. If the person was worth good pay they wouldn't be working for the government. If the position is valuable then fine, pay them a fair wage. But the secretaries that work for the person who's in charge, shouldn't be in unions and shouldn't be getting pay raises automatically across the board. If they don't like it they can go find work in the real world.

Budgets...learn budgets, then comment
That would be good advice for Drumpf. Then he wouldnt have had to cancel his parade if he had simply known about his budget.

Good point! So based on merit, pay raises doe Repubs in Congress should be cancelled. I like it!!

The Founding Fathers warned against a standing army; just saying.

Good idea, but the world became much smaller.

your dad is fucking with you....bags have a weight limit of around 40 pounds.....and those guys being fired had no effect on postal operations.....

Those limits were not in place 35 years ago. You worked for USPS when Reagan's policies so severely effected carriers? Don't tell me you were slugging letter bags 35 years ago. If so, you are doing something wrong now.

Forum List

Back