Trump cancels pay raises for federal employees - It's a BAD Economy NOW

Some days my Dad would lose four, five pounds just from sweating. Being a carrier in a sub tropical climate can kill people.
Ever heard of heat stroke?
I'll take delivering mail in Hawaii over roofing homes in Arizona any day....stop the inner reflections...they cloud your prospective...

Its a dog whistle to his base. They think all federal employees are Black.

That's it play the idiotic race card....and you should pay attention, Trump said the federal budgets can't support raises. But hell budgets don't matter just keep running up debt

So, Trump offers the wealthy 0.001% of individuals a massive tax cut, offers the corporations a massive tax cut, tax receipts go down as a result, and the federal worker loses out.

Glad to see your line of thinking there but I disagree.

Budgets...learn budgets, then comment
That would be good advice for Drumpf. Then he wouldnt have had to cancel his parade if he had simply known about his budget.

The parade wasn't in a budget, dumb ass

That's it play the idiotic race card....and you should pay attention, Trump said the federal budgets can't support raises. But hell budgets don't matter just keep running up debt
Yes. We need more tax cuts for the top 1%. Trump needs that raise, bigly! (Got lawyers to pay for.)

Yes. We need more tax cuts for the top 1%. Trump needs that raise, bigly! (Got lawyers to pay for.)

Tax cuts for the 1% do not actually amount to shit.

But keep spewing the left loon talking point crap, parrot

So, Trump offers the wealthy 0.001% of individuals a massive tax cut, offers the corporations a massive tax cut, tax receipts go down as a result, and the federal worker loses out.

That would be good advice for Drumpf. Then he wouldnt have had to cancel his parade if he had simply known about his budget.

If Trump wanted a parade so bad he could have paid for it but Trump is too damn cheap.

Trump cancels pay raises for federal employees - CNNPolitics

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump told lawmakers on Thursday he was scrapping a planned pay raise for civilian federal workers, saying the nation's budget couldn't support it.

In a letter to House and Senate leaders, Trump described the pay increase as "inappropriate."
"We must maintain efforts to put our Nation on a fiscally sustainable course, and Federal agency budgets cannot sustain such increases," the President wrote.

------ ----------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess if you can't have a $100 million 'military' parade then federal workers will have to pay for the wall.

Make Federal Workers Look for Other Employment, Again.

I heard the labor market is SMOKIN'
Excellent!

Were you as excited when Reagan fired over 11K PATCO controllers in 1981 & effectively killed organized labor in the US?
those guys knew the consequences when they decided to strike....and through out the 80's we heard Reagan was coming for the PO union....they are still around....

the route where I reside is serviced by five different carriers. The PO sent 'bean counters' out on teh routes about two years ago, had them follow carriers around with a stop watch, and after that, my route has turned into s***.
One of the carriers f***ed up two of my Priority deliveries on purpose. I let him slide the first time but the second time I went straight to his station manager. I told him if that guy ever shows up on my property again I will call police, file a trespassing complaint, and ask the cops to arrest the guy. The station manager said I was threatening the carrier. I said ,"No, it's not a threat; it's a legal matter." That carrier doesn't come around here any more.

My regular carrier works his azz off but now, since they f**ed up the route, after the bean counters a couple years ago, carriers will be on this route some times until 7 PM. F***ing crazy.
all routes are timed.....and are supposed to be 8 hours....but some have longer routes because of the amount of deliveries on it....as you get more seniority and the older guys with the good routes retire you can bid on their routes which are usually the better routes...the new people do all the shitty routes that no one wants to do....but thats the way it is...

Why don't these federal workers go find a job in the private sector? Companies are hiring. Our government has gotten too big even I'll admit that. And no, I don't think this is about race at all. It never even crossed my mind. That's you being paranoid. And you know I tend to agree with you even if there is a hint of truth to what you are saying.

Republicans don't think government jobs should be good paying jobs. If the person was worth good pay they wouldn't be working for the government. If the position is valuable then fine, pay them a fair wage. But the secretaries that work for the person who's in charge, shouldn't be in unions and shouldn't be getting pay raises automatically across the board. If they don't like it they can go find work in the real world.
Why dont most people have a business? Its a comfort level. If you have a job then you get stuck there willingly.

You dont have to think its about race and I never said it had to cross your mind. My point is that it is about race to his base. When you use dog whistles like this orange buffoon has done so many times then it becomes apparent that he is using one this time. Its well known that his undereducated base thinks that most federal employees are Black. Thats who he is speaking to.when he uses these terms.

If Trump wanted a parade so bad he could have paid for it but Trump is too damn cheap.

Now you're just being stupid again. Trump cancelled it due to what....wait for it.....THE COST! Your lil racist buddy started something he can't finish because he didn't think ahead

Income inequality will continue to widen because of poor planning from those in charge. Check
Most of the federal workers are over paid and lazy and don't deserve a raise. Raised should be earned.
in the PO we were not over paid even though we did have our share of crappy workers.....

Post office? I knew a guy who worked for USPS, he hated it, I think he worked for them for about a year and said stuff it
he could not cut it then....with the pay and benefits they pay, the only people who quit after they make probation are the ones who cant cut it or got a better paying job....and there aint many jobs that pay more out there outside of UPS.....

He retired from AT&T on a buyout took a job with USPS and quit and went to work with Verizon doing what he had been doing at AT&T. He's making about 32 a hour. I was stunned what AT&T bought him out for. Insanity
32 an hour is good......

My Father was a carrier for nearly a quarter decade & he worked his azz off.
Delivering mail?......I suggest you don't know what working your azz off means.....

Some days my Dad would lose four, five pounds just from sweating. Being a carrier in a sub tropical climate can kill people.
we had a walking route in our office that when you were done you walked 9-10 miles....

Of course it wasnt. Thats why he had to cancel it. His dumb ass didnt know there was no money set aside for a parade.

My Father was a carrier for nearly a quarter decade & he worked his azz off.
Delivering mail?......I suggest you don't know what working your azz off means.....

we had a walking route in our office that when you were done you walked 9-10 miles....

my Dad had the same route for the last 14 years he worked It was 13 miles.

My Dad retired early in the first few weeks of 1988. He said he would rather not get worked to death like an unappreciated slave by a Republican POTUS.

Last edited:

Why don't these federal workers go find a job in the private sector? Companies are hiring. Our government has gotten too big even I'll admit that. And no, I don't think this is about race at all. It never even crossed my mind. That's you being paranoid. And you know I tend to agree with you even if there is a hint of truth to what you are saying.

Republicans don't think government jobs should be good paying jobs. If the person was worth good pay they wouldn't be working for the government. If the position is valuable then fine, pay them a fair wage. But the secretaries that work for the person who's in charge, shouldn't be in unions and shouldn't be getting pay raises automatically across the board. If they don't like it they can go find work in the real world.
Why dont most people have a business? Its a comfort level. If you have a job then you get stuck there willingly.

You dont have to think its about race and I never said it had to cross your mind. My point is that it is about race to his base. When you use dog whistles like this orange buffoon has done so many times then it becomes apparent that he is using one this time. Its well known that his undereducated base thinks that most federal employees are Black. Thats who he is speaking to.when he uses these terms.
I don't think they think most federal employees are black. I think Republicans hate all government employees equally. Doesn't matter to them if they are white or black. They just think the government is too big.

Education department: 4,400 employees and $68 billion budget
Department of Energy 12,944 federal (2014) 93,094 contract (2008). Annual budget, $27.9 billion (2015)

Since blacks only make up 15% of the population, I would assume at most blacks make up 30% of all federal employees. Is that a safe number? So I don't think Republicans care about race on this one.

Now you're just being stupid again. Trump cancelled it due to what....wait for it.....THE COST! Your lil racist buddy started something he can't finish because he didn't think ahead

I didn't bring race into this

I don't think they think most federal employees are black. I think Republicans hate all government employees equally. Doesn't matter to them if they are white or black. They just think the government is too big.

Education department: 4,400 employees and $68 billion budget
Department of Energy 12,944 federal (2014) 93,094 contract (2008). Annual budget, $27.9 billion (2015)

Since blacks only make up 15% of the population, I would assume at most blacks make up 30% of all federal employees. Is that a safe number? So I don't think Republicans care about race on this one.
You arent what I condsider Drumpfs base. I have seen it several times on this forum where these under educated morons claim most federal workers are Blacks due to AA.

Forum List

Back