Trump cancels pay raises for federal employees - It's a BAD Economy NOW

My Father was a carrier for nearly a quarter decade & he worked his azz off.

When Reagan took office two thirds of carrier vehicles were effectively 'taken.'

This caused 2/3rds of carriers to carry increased weight loads daily. Some full letter bags weighed over 80 lb. and these were collected at drop boxes three, to four times daily.

Reagan hated labor in America, just like most Republicans hate the average worker in America.
your dad is fucking with you....bags have a weight limit of around 40 pounds.....and those guys being fired had no effect on postal operations.....

Those limits were not in place 35 years ago. You worked for USPS when Reagan's policies so severely effected carriers? Don't tell me you were slugging letter bags 35 years ago. If so, you are doing something wrong now.
Those limits were not in place 35 years ago
yes they were....there aint no carrier bag that can hold 80 pounds of mail,they aint big enough,some carriers on walkers would use a cart and put 2 bags on the cart so they can deliver more before going back to, at that time their little shitty jeep,to reload and move to the next relay...........and there is no reason to put that much weight in your bag,as most carriers broke down the street into 2 relays if it had a lot of mail that day.....
You worked for USPS when Reagan's policies so severely effected carriers?
i worked all through Reagans time, he had zero effect on carrier operations.....at least in S.Cal.....
Don't tell me you were slugging letter bags 35 years ago. If so, you are doing something wrong now
when you are a new guy, you "slug" letter bags,its called paying your dues....the good mounted routes or the easy shorter walking routes were taken by the older carriers who had the seniority....i carried mail for 33 years not a quarter of a decade....

My Dad was born in 1925, worked a plow behind a mule when he was a scrawny kid to feed a family, went thru the Great Depression, fought in WW II lobbing mortars at the Japanese in the Philippine islands, so, I believe my Dad knew what 80 lbs. was, no matter what mass made up the weight.
M2 mortars weighed OVER 300 lb. I believe my Dad knew what the Hell 80 lb. was.
let me clear things up here.....what years did your pop work and were?....

retired @ age 63 in January, 1988 after 25 years being a carrier; Louisiana

we had a walking route in our office that when you were done you walked 9-10 miles....

my Dad had the same route for the last 14 years he worked It was 13 miles.

My Dad retired early in the first few weeks of 1988. He said he would rather not get worked to death like an unappreciated slave by a Republican POTUS.
you said earlier your dad worked "a quarter of a decade"??......now its 14 years....which is it?....and that 13 miles,was it walking or mounted?........
He said "the last 14 years" I believe.
he said this A....My Father was a carrier for nearly a quarter decade & he worked his azz off.....post no 41....
For some reason I read that as a quarter of a
century
hey it happens to the best of us....

`````````````````````````````````````````````````
Its a dog whistle to his base. They think all federal employees are Black.

LAMO race card attempt.

:lmao:
Touched a nerve I see. :laugh:

Not at all dear heart. The comment you made was as stupid as Jeffrey Toobin claiming we are against Antifa because Antifa is black. How far off the mark can you be?

People have a hard on for federal employees because they are what one consider the one percenters of workers in America and other countries. No private citizen worker gets everything the fed worker does.

And its fucking wrong.

we had a walking route in our office that when you were done you walked 9-10 miles....

my Dad had the same route for the last 14 years he worked It was 13 miles.

My Dad retired early in the first few weeks of 1988. He said he would rather not get worked to death like an unappreciated slave by a Republican POTUS.
you said earlier your dad worked "a quarter of a decade"??......now its 14 years....which is it?....and that 13 miles,was it walking or mounted?........
He said "the last 14 years" I believe.
he said this A....My Father was a carrier for nearly a quarter decade & he worked his azz off.....post no 41....
For some reason I read that as a quarter of a
century

Yep; my bad on the, "decade" thing. Typing too fast & thinking too little.

your dad is fucking with you....bags have a weight limit of around 40 pounds.....and those guys being fired had no effect on postal operations.....

Those limits were not in place 35 years ago. You worked for USPS when Reagan's policies so severely effected carriers? Don't tell me you were slugging letter bags 35 years ago. If so, you are doing something wrong now.
Those limits were not in place 35 years ago
yes they were....there aint no carrier bag that can hold 80 pounds of mail,they aint big enough,some carriers on walkers would use a cart and put 2 bags on the cart so they can deliver more before going back to, at that time their little shitty jeep,to reload and move to the next relay...........and there is no reason to put that much weight in your bag,as most carriers broke down the street into 2 relays if it had a lot of mail that day.....
You worked for USPS when Reagan's policies so severely effected carriers?
i worked all through Reagans time, he had zero effect on carrier operations.....at least in S.Cal.....
Don't tell me you were slugging letter bags 35 years ago. If so, you are doing something wrong now
when you are a new guy, you "slug" letter bags,its called paying your dues....the good mounted routes or the easy shorter walking routes were taken by the older carriers who had the seniority....i carried mail for 33 years not a quarter of a decade....

My Dad was born in 1925, worked a plow behind a mule when he was a scrawny kid to feed a family, went thru the Great Depression, fought in WW II lobbing mortars at the Japanese in the Philippine islands, so, I believe my Dad knew what 80 lbs. was, no matter what mass made up the weight.
M2 mortars weighed OVER 300 lb. I believe my Dad knew what the Hell 80 lb. was.
let me clear things up here.....what years did your pop work and were?....

retired @ age 63 in January, 1988 after 25 years being a carrier; Louisiana

BTW that's awesome. That's a frontline worker than no one I know has an issue with. My postal carriers where I live now face -40 F winds and blizzards to deliver to houses in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Summer heat over 90. But they pound the payment.

And dammit they deserve every freaking penny they get. For me I am talking the upper echelons.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````

LAMO race card attempt.

:lmao:
Touched a nerve I see. :laugh:

Not at all dear heart. The comment you made was as stupid as Jeffrey Toobin claiming we are against Antifa because Antifa is black. How far off the mark can you be?

People have a hard on for federal employees because they are what one consider the one percenters of workers in America and other countries. No private citizen worker gets everything the fed worker does.

And its fucking wrong.
I see nothing wrong with the perks federal workers get. If you are jealous then you should get a job with the government.

apparently you dont know either.....
I know everyone thinks their job is harder than the next guys job.....but it makes it harder if its done while whining....

Trump whines every day on Twitter, many times a day.

It's called venting and bitch slapping liberal assholes into another galaxy. Only a nancy boy liberal could call it whining.

No, it is called whining; Trump has perfected it.

You miss the strategy. You are pretty good and if you took your blinders off, you would understand the shit he pulls and why. And why all the former D's in the heartland, that Hillary classed as the "fly over country" are now voting R.

That's it play the idiotic race card....and you should pay attention, Trump said the federal budgets can't support raises. But hell budgets don't matter just keep running up debt
Why did he want to throw a parade if he really thought that?
If you notice. He isn’t throwing a parade.
Thats because he isnt allowed to.
Jesus

Some days my Dad would lose four, five pounds just from sweating. Being a carrier in a sub tropical climate can kill people.
Ever heard of heat stroke?
I'll take delivering mail in Hawaii over roofing homes in Arizona any day....stop the inner reflections...they cloud your prospective...
This is hilarious! Trump refuses to give lazy over paid fed workers a raise and the lib-trolls cry. Too bad. Back in my day raises were merit based, if you deserved a raise you got one, not just because. lol!

Edit! OMG! Did someone just play the race card!?

in reality, all US military ARE federal employees.

Why are you labeling the US military lazy?
--------------------------------------------- yep , and the VOLUNTEER to get their underpaid or overpaid jobs Caddo .

Yep, most folks volunteer for the employment they scenario they are in.

I keep wondering why Trump keeps whining about his job.
He's not whining about his job liar, he's complaining about all the lying liberals and corruption in DC.

Trump cancels pay raises for federal employees - CNNPolitics

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump told lawmakers on Thursday he was scrapping a planned pay raise for civilian federal workers, saying the nation's budget couldn't support it.

In a letter to House and Senate leaders, Trump described the pay increase as "inappropriate."
"We must maintain efforts to put our Nation on a fiscally sustainable course, and Federal agency budgets cannot sustain such increases," the President wrote.

------ ----------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess if you can't have a $100 million 'military' parade then federal workers will have to pay for the wall.

Make Federal Workers Look for Other Employment, Again.

I heard the labor market is SMOKIN'
Dumb headline. It isn’t a bad economy. Jesus!

What a dick.

He gives the rich a whopping big tax break (which will take TONS of money from the government) and then tries to get that money back by sticking it to federal government employees (except the military).

And the inflation rate is the highest in years...so if there was a time those employees need the raise, it is now.

What a fucking, fat, stupid, manchild dick.

BTW - I am HUGE on balancing the budget. But this is NOT how you do it President Bone Spurs...you do it by cutting spending ACROSS THE BOARD (except life and death things like food stamps/healthcare)...starting with the military.

Knucklehead.

Trump cancels pay raises for federal employees - CNNPolitics

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump told lawmakers on Thursday he was scrapping a planned pay raise for civilian federal workers, saying the nation's budget couldn't support it.

In a letter to House and Senate leaders, Trump described the pay increase as "inappropriate."
"We must maintain efforts to put our Nation on a fiscally sustainable course, and Federal agency budgets cannot sustain such increases," the President wrote.

------ ----------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess if you can't have a $100 million 'military' parade then federal workers will have to pay for the wall.

Make Federal Workers Look for Other Employment, Again.

I heard the labor market is SMOKIN'

Government employees have been receiving raises higher then civilians for decades.

Stopping that is fine.

Oh, and 100 million? Do you know how little that is compared to the Government Payroll?

I know everyone thinks their job is harder than the next guys job.....but it makes it harder if its done while whining....

Trump whines every day on Twitter, many times a day.

It's called venting and bitch slapping liberal assholes into another galaxy. Only a nancy boy liberal could call it whining.

No, it is called whining; Trump has perfected it.

You miss the strategy. You are pretty good and if you took your blinders off, you would understand the shit he pulls and why. And why all the former D's in the heartland, that Hillary classed as the "fly over country" are now voting R.

HRC was a lazy azz bitch; she totally FAILED to campaign like she wanted to win. She believed she was 'ordained' to win & karma kicked her squarely in the azz.
HRC was the worst candidate the DNC could have offered.
Trump was the worst of 16 candidates the GOP offered.
Me; I voted for Gary Johnson.

My Father was a carrier for nearly a quarter decade & he worked his azz off.
Delivering mail?......I suggest you don't know what working your azz off means.....
It doesn't take brains and should not be a high paying job. A mail carrier should make $40K. $50K in California and NY.
thats what they make.....and lets see you get out there and deliver a route in pouring rain or a snowstorm bobo....you would have called in sick on those days....its a lot different than sitting on your ass in an office looking out the window....
No harry! Wrong wrong wrong. That’s manual labor. Anyone can do that. That will never be a high paying job based on how physical it is or that you have to do it in the rain. I was a paperboy once. Had to deliver in the rain. That didn’t pay very well. They overpay postal workers because many are veterans.

I also worked at the post office in college sorting mail by zip code. Never ending. They paid pretty good because it was mostly military.

You could not take your companies aftermarket department from $50k a month to $300k this month. New record. That’s why I make more than everyone else in my office because like you, they’re staring out the window.

You’re making me more conservative. If you want more money go to ups

That's it play the idiotic race card....and you should pay attention, Trump said the federal budgets can't support raises. But hell budgets don't matter just keep running up debt

So, Trump offers the wealthy 0.001% of individuals a massive tax cut, offers the corporations a massive tax cut, tax receipts go down as a result, and the federal worker loses out.

Glad to see your line of thinking there but I disagree.

Income inequality will continue to widen because of poor planning from those in charge. Check
Most of the federal workers are over paid and lazy and don't deserve a raise. Raised should be earned.

Federal employees do not obtain 'merit' increases; the federal system is not set-up as such.

Federal employees are treated like robots. They get a raise, or they don't; that's it.

Yes, I know; they can go somewhere else to get a job.

And some will.
Good. There are too many on the payroll to begin with.

What a dick.

He gives the rich a whopping big tax break (which will take TONS of money from the government) and then tries to get that money back by sticking it to federal government employees (except the military).

And the inflation rate is the highest in years...so if there was a time those employees need the raise, it is now.

You guys keep repeating the same lies daily. You know that won't make them come true right? Raises need to be earned.

What a dick.

Inflation is out pacing any tax cut for Joe Average worker, and any pay increase for Joe Average worker.

Throw in the loss of deductions & credits coming soon; the average Joe is getting screwed.

Most folks don't see the forest for the trees.

But, the economy is GREAT!!! :no_text11:

So, Trump offers the wealthy 0.001% of individuals a massive tax cut, offers the corporations a massive tax cut, tax receipts go down as a result, and the federal worker loses out.

Glad to see your line of thinking there but I disagree.

Budgets...learn budgets, then comment
That would be good advice for Drumpf. Then he wouldnt have had to cancel his parade if he had simply known about his budget.

The parade wasn't in a budget, dumb ass

If Trump wanted a parade so bad he could have paid for it but Trump is too damn cheap.
Jesus Christ you’re stupid

Forum List

Back