Trump cancels pay raises for federal employees - It's a BAD Economy NOW

your dad is fucking with you....bags have a weight limit of around 40 pounds.....and those guys being fired had no effect on postal operations.....

Those limits were not in place 35 years ago. You worked for USPS when Reagan's policies so severely effected carriers? Don't tell me you were slugging letter bags 35 years ago. If so, you are doing something wrong now.
Those limits were not in place 35 years ago
yes they were....there aint no carrier bag that can hold 80 pounds of mail,they aint big enough,some carriers on walkers would use a cart and put 2 bags on the cart so they can deliver more before going back to, at that time their little shitty jeep,to reload and move to the next relay...........and there is no reason to put that much weight in your bag,as most carriers broke down the street into 2 relays if it had a lot of mail that day.....
You worked for USPS when Reagan's policies so severely effected carriers?
i worked all through Reagans time, he had zero effect on carrier operations.....at least in S.Cal.....
Don't tell me you were slugging letter bags 35 years ago. If so, you are doing something wrong now
when you are a new guy, you "slug" letter bags,its called paying your dues....the good mounted routes or the easy shorter walking routes were taken by the older carriers who had the seniority....i carried mail for 33 years not a quarter of a decade....

My Dad was born in 1925, worked a plow behind a mule when he was a scrawny kid to feed a family, went thru the Great Depression, fought in WW II lobbing mortars at the Japanese in the Philippine islands, so, I believe my Dad knew what 80 lbs. was, no matter what mass made up the weight.
M2 mortars weighed OVER 300 lb. I believe my Dad knew what the Hell 80 lb. was.
let me clear things up here.....what years did your pop work and were?....

retired @ age 63 in January, 1988 after 25 years being a carrier; Louisiana
when your dad started in 63 things were different....in 1970 the service went from a government department to a corporation owned by the government.....up until that time,yes your dad may have lugged a way to heavy bag around.....in the 70's when it had new rules and regulations bag sizes started changing,mail volume was always increasing and routes were getting longer so they had to devise a smaller bag that would allow you to go faster to accommodate the longer routes.....

Its a dog whistle to his base. They think all federal employees are Black.

That's it play the idiotic race card....and you should pay attention, Trump said the federal budgets can't support raises. But hell budgets don't matter just keep running up debt
Why did he want to throw a parade if he really thought that?
If you notice. He isn’t throwing a parade.
Thats because he isnt allowed to.
Jesus
Was a Black man. I know.

Why don't these federal workers go find a job in the private sector? Companies are hiring. Our government has gotten too big even I'll admit that. And no, I don't think this is about race at all. It never even crossed my mind. That's you being paranoid. And you know I tend to agree with you even if there is a hint of truth to what you are saying.

Republicans don't think government jobs should be good paying jobs. If the person was worth good pay they wouldn't be working for the government. If the position is valuable then fine, pay them a fair wage. But the secretaries that work for the person who's in charge, shouldn't be in unions and shouldn't be getting pay raises automatically across the board. If they don't like it they can go find work in the real world.
Why dont most people have a business? Its a comfort level. If you have a job then you get stuck there willingly.

You dont have to think its about race and I never said it had to cross your mind. My point is that it is about race to his base. When you use dog whistles like this orange buffoon has done so many times then it becomes apparent that he is using one this time. Its well known that his undereducated base thinks that most federal employees are Black. Thats who he is speaking to.when he uses these terms.
I don't think they think most federal employees are black. I think Republicans hate all government employees equally. Doesn't matter to them if they are white or black. They just think the government is too big.

Education department: 4,400 employees and $68 billion budget
Department of Energy 12,944 federal (2014) 93,094 contract (2008). Annual budget, $27.9 billion (2015)

Since blacks only make up 15% of the population, I would assume at most blacks make up 30% of all federal employees. Is that a safe number? So I don't think Republicans care about race on this one.
You arent what I condsider Drumpfs base. I have seen it several times on this forum where these under educated morons claim most federal workers are Blacks due to AA.
Prove it

That's it play the idiotic race card....and you should pay attention, Trump said the federal budgets can't support raises. But hell budgets don't matter just keep running up debt
Why did he want to throw a parade if he really thought that?
Jesus
Was a Black man. I know.
According to?????

Some days my Dad would lose four, five pounds just from sweating. Being a carrier in a sub tropical climate can kill people.
Ever heard of heat stroke?
I'll take delivering mail in Hawaii over roofing homes in Arizona any day....stop the inner reflections...they cloud your prospective...
This is hilarious! Trump refuses to give lazy over paid fed workers a raise and the lib-trolls cry. Too bad. Back in my day raises were merit based, if you deserved a raise you got one, not just because. lol!

Edit! OMG! Did someone just play the race card!?

in reality, all US military ARE federal employees.

Why are you labeling the US military lazy?
--------------------------------------------- yep , and the VOLUNTEER to get their underpaid or overpaid jobs Caddo .

Yep, most folks volunteer for the employment they scenario they are in.

I keep wondering why Trump keeps whining about his job.
He's not whining about his job liar, he's complaining about all the lying liberals and corruption in DC.
But its his conservative hand picked circle that is getting busted for crimes. He should focus his attention closer to home.

Trump cancels pay raises for federal employees - CNNPolitics

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump told lawmakers on Thursday he was scrapping a planned pay raise for civilian federal workers, saying the nation's budget couldn't support it.

In a letter to House and Senate leaders, Trump described the pay increase as "inappropriate."
"We must maintain efforts to put our Nation on a fiscally sustainable course, and Federal agency budgets cannot sustain such increases," the President wrote.

------ ----------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess if you can't have a $100 million 'military' parade then federal workers will have to pay for the wall.

Make Federal Workers Look for Other Employment, Again.

I heard the labor market is SMOKIN'

Government employees have been receiving raises higher then civilians for decades.

Stopping that is fine.

Oh, and 100 million? Do you know how little that is compared to the Government Payroll?

if you really believe that I have a bridge over the Moon I wanna sale ya.

my Dad had the same route for the last 14 years he worked It was 13 miles.

My Dad retired early in the first few weeks of 1988. He said he would rather not get worked to death like an unappreciated slave by a Republican POTUS.
you said earlier your dad worked "a quarter of a decade"??......now its 14 years....which is it?....and that 13 miles,was it walking or mounted?........
He said "the last 14 years" I believe.
he said this A....My Father was a carrier for nearly a quarter decade & he worked his azz off.....post no 41....
For some reason I read that as a quarter of a
century

Yep; my bad on the, "decade" thing. Typing too fast & thinking too little.
Thinking to little is obvious.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````

LAMO race card attempt.

:lmao:
Touched a nerve I see. :laugh:

Not at all dear heart. The comment you made was as stupid as Jeffrey Toobin claiming we are against Antifa because Antifa is black. How far off the mark can you be?

People have a hard on for federal employees because they are what one consider the one percenters of workers in America and other countries. No private citizen worker gets everything the fed worker does.

And its fucking wrong.
im a 1 percenter?.....i had better recheck my bank account....must have missed something....

Jesus
Was a Black man. I know.
According to?????
The Torah and the OT. Reading is fundamental. ...Even for you.
You morons are hilarious. First you believe in Jesus which is ignorant. Then you want him to be what you want . Click your heels together.

WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AGAIN
the US is in HUGE debt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they should LAY OFF workers
about time---should've done this years ago--

So, Trump offers the wealthy 0.001% of individuals a massive tax cut, offers the corporations a massive tax cut, tax receipts go down as a result, and the federal worker loses out.

Glad to see your line of thinking there but I disagree.

Budgets...learn budgets, then comment
That would be good advice for Drumpf. Then he wouldnt have had to cancel his parade if he had simply known about his budget.

The parade wasn't in a budget, dumb ass

If Trump wanted a parade so bad he could have paid for it but Trump is too damn cheap.
Jesus Christ you’re stupid

No; Trump is stupid. He wanted to be POTUS so bad, now the DOJ, and every investigative entity known will find out about every crime he has ever been involved with. Desire breeds failure.

So, Trump offers the wealthy 0.001% of individuals a massive tax cut, offers the corporations a massive tax cut, tax receipts go down as a result, and the federal worker loses out.

Glad to see your line of thinking there but I disagree.

That would be good advice for Drumpf. Then he wouldnt have had to cancel his parade if he had simply known about his budget.

If Trump wanted a parade so bad he could have paid for it but Trump is too damn cheap.

I hope you are not a Christian. Calling Jesus Christ 'stupid' will not go down well with the big guy (I am guessing).

LAMO race card attempt.

Not at all dear heart. The comment you made was as stupid as Jeffrey Toobin claiming we are against Antifa because Antifa is black. How far off the mark can you be?

People have a hard on for federal employees because they are what one consider the one percenters of workers in America and other countries. No private citizen worker gets everything the fed worker does.

And its fucking wrong.
I see nothing wrong with the perks federal workers get. If you are jealous then you should get a job with the government.

Not jealous at at all. Ran my own business. Music industry. Made more than a good living.:lol: Got rich. Retired early. Blessed with not just money, but with all the wonderful artistic souls I was surrounded with.

I have a hard on for fed workers vs private workers because of the nepotism that exists in the fed worker society. No one else from the outside stands a chance. I would have thought I wouldn't have been more pro worker on you than this.

No; Trump is stupid. He wanted to be POTUS so bad, now the DOJ, and every investigative entity known will find out about every crime he has ever been involved with. Desire breeds failure.
Nope. You’re an idiot.

Jesus
Was a Black man. I know.
According to?????
The Torah and the OT. Reading is fundamental. ...Even for you.
You morons are hilarious. First you believe in Jesus which is ignorant. Then you want him to be what you want . Click your heels together.
Your reasoning is weird. If you dont believe Jesus existed why do you think he was white?

I hope you are not a Christian. Calling Jesus Christ 'stupid' will not go down well with the big guy (I am guessing).
Jesus doesn’t exist

Some days my Dad would lose four, five pounds just from sweating. Being a carrier in a sub tropical climate can kill people.
Ever heard of heat stroke?
I'll take delivering mail in Hawaii over roofing homes in Arizona any day....stop the inner reflections...they cloud your prospective...
This is hilarious! Trump refuses to give lazy over paid fed workers a raise and the lib-trolls cry. Too bad. Back in my day raises were merit based, if you deserved a raise you got one, not just because. lol!

Edit! OMG! Did someone just play the race card!?

in reality, all US military ARE federal employees.

Why are you labeling the US military lazy?
--------------------------------------------- yep , and the VOLUNTEER to get their underpaid or overpaid jobs Caddo .

Yep, most folks volunteer for the employment they scenario they are in.

I keep wondering why Trump keeps whining about his job.
He's not whining about his job liar, he's complaining about all the lying liberals and corruption in DC.
But its his conservative hand picked circle that is getting busted for crimes. He should focus his attention closer to home.
I never knew Trump picked all those scum bags at the FBI.

LAMO race card attempt.

And its fucking wrong.
I see nothing wrong with the perks federal workers get. If you are jealous then you should get a job with the government.

Not jealous at at all. Ran my own business. Music industry. Made more than a good living.:lol: Got rich. Retired early. Blessed with not just money, but with all the wonderful artistic souls I was surrounded with.

I have a hard on for fed workers vs private workers because of the nepotism that exists in the fed worker society. No one else from the outside stands a chance. I would have thought I wouldn't have been more pro worker on you than this.
If all that is true then you wouldnt begrudge other people from having perks. Your viewpoint is based in the mindset of "lack" instead of "plenty" which makes me doubt your claim.

Forum List

Back