Trump can't be stopped unless...

Bern is far more populist than the Donald. The jobs meme is only a part of populsim.

Only because on Tuesday, her totals before superTuesday made her look inevitable. Bernie was winning states that she'd counted on until then. If it'd been a more truthful count, Bernie would have done better.
That's right, everybody's cheating Bernie. You're starting to sound like a Republican.
actually, the super delegate count gives the impression to the average Joe that Bernie is so far behind in the popular vote, he doesn't have a shot....and we all know that when people vote, they take into consideration as to whether or not here vote will count.....so many don't show up when they believe their candidate of choice is losing bad.

With all of the issues the GOP has...and believe me, they are one screwed up group of losers that no longer represent me.....the Democratic party is only fooling its constituents with the way they handle the super delegate situation.

They should revert back to the way it used to be.

Don't forget, they implemented the current use of super delegates out of fear that the public would elect the wrong candidate.....

Think about it.
Superdelegates initially came about after 1968 and 1972 primaries where NO candidate had a 50%plusone majority. Think about it (gop)

Only because on Tuesday, her totals before superTuesday made her look inevitable. Bernie was winning states that she'd counted on until then. If it'd been a more truthful count, Bernie would have done better.
That's right, everybody's cheating Bernie. You're starting to sound like a Republican.
actually, the super delegate count gives the impression to the average Joe that Bernie is so far behind in the popular vote, he doesn't have a shot....and we all know that when people vote, they take into consideration as to whether or not here vote will count.....so many don't show up when they believe their candidate of choice is losing bad.

With all of the issues the GOP has...and believe me, they are one screwed up group of losers that no longer represent me.....the Democratic party is only fooling its constituents with the way they handle the super delegate situation.

Don't forget, they implemented the current use of super delegates out of fear that the public would elect the wrong candidate.....

Think about it.
Superdelegates initially came about after 1968 and 1972 primaries where NO candidate had a 50%plusone majority. Think about it (gop)
Why would they need to use democrat rules? They have their own.

Bern is far more populist than the Donald. The jobs meme is only a part of populsim.
Really? Don't you think the Donald's (and W's) mindless blather of "lets go kick the shite out of the other guys" is populist? Tax cuts for you and filling out your taxes on a post-card? Dirty stinking Mexicans?

I think the Donald took the gop by storm because they've been running elitists since 1988.

Really? Don't you think the Donald's (and W's) mindless blather of "lets go kick the shite out of the other guys" is populist? Tax cuts for you and filling out your taxes on a post-card? Dirty stinking Mexicans?

I think the Donald took the gop by storm because they've been running elitists since 1988.
You don't understand what is populism? OK.

Think about it.
yes...and they certainly did not want the one with the most delegates because it was not the candidate the party "officials" wanted.....even though the people did.

They simply could have let it go to a brokered convention.

But don't get me wrong....I agree......if 50% of the party supporters do not want a candidate...as is the case of Trump....then the party SHOULD step in and control the decision.

I mean....is there something wrong with the party protecting the interest of the MAJORITY of the supporters of the party? In the case of Trump....65% don't want him. The party MUST step in and find a solution.

Nothing wrong with that.

Such is why you must get a certain number of delegates....and not simply be "the one with the most delegates wins"

actually...if Trump said "ISIS is going to kill us if we don't kill them first....that is more in line with Populism.
But his is a populist....plays on the peoples desire to "win"

he did not take the GOP by storm. He grabbed about 35%. It is a minority movement. Bernie grabbed about 35%. He is a minority movement. Ross Perot was a minority movement. Tea party....minority movement.

Trump has 35% of the GOP which translates to 14% of the electorate (barring no independents and no democratic crossovers)......

He took nothing by storm. He stands out because there were 17 candidates who all started to run out of money trying to fight off his ability to get free advertising.

oh now you turn into a bitch. LOL
Populism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bernie may well be a populist in the NE where a majority share his views of what society should be.

he did not take the GOP by storm. He grabbed about 35%. It is a minority movement. Bernie grabbed about 35%. He is a minority movement. Ross Perot was a minority movement. Tea party....minority movement.

Trump has 35% of the GOP which translates to 14% of the electorate (barring no independents and no democratic crossovers)......

He took nothing by storm. He stands out because there were 17 candidates who all started to run out of money trying to fight off his ability to get free advertising.
Yes but none of his opponents can take more than he. And that is shown that as the pie of candidates shrink, his % of the overall vote increases. He's now hitting at 40%. We'll soon see if he can top 50% because Kasich is really a non-factor in upcoming races, so it may be more of a two person race.

Yes but none of his opponents can take more than he. And that is shown that as the pie of candidates shrink, his % of the overall vote increases. He's now hitting at 40%. We'll soon see if he can top 50% because Kasich is really a non-factor in upcoming races, so it may be more of a two person race.
Actually, when you think about it, while 14 candidates fell, he gained less than 10%...and his gains likely came from Carson...the other outsider.....he, the person is not getting the votes as much as the idea of an outsider is getting the votes. But even at 40%, he only has support of 14% of the overall electorate before calculating in independents and democratic crossovers.

We all know that movements increase voter turnout for those that feel attached to the movement....but doe not increase turnout for those that are not interested in the movement.

Like back in 2007 primaries and general elections. Sure, 95% of the black demographic always votes for a democrat.....but back then, many more of the black community voted as it was a movement to see a black candidate elected for the first time. Thus was why Hillary lost....there were many more blacks who normally would not vote in a primary willing to go out to the polls to vote for a black candidate than those that normally did not vote that were willing to go out to stop a black man from getting elected.

Bernie may well be a populist in the NE where a majority share his views of what society should be.
I am a bitch because I made you admit you had it wrong. Yes, both are populists. Thank you.

You are right about watching to see if Trump's percentages grow.

I am a bitch because I made you admit you had it wrong. Yes, both are populists. Thank you.

You are right about watching to see if Trump's percentages grow.
No you're just a bitch because you engage in personal insults instead of discourse. You actually are wrong. Progressivism is the belief that social progress moves from the status quo to a more enlightened position benefitting humankind. Bernie is certainly a progressive. Progressives can be of an elite or minority, and seek to change attitudes in the majority. Harriet Beecher Stowe, for example. Ronald Reagan may be the greatest American progressive ... at least since JFK.

Populism, by contrast, appeals to the hopes and/or fears of a majority in some community. George Wallace was a populist opposing integration.

Difference Between Populism and Progressivism
Progressivism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bernie may well be a populist in Vermont. I wouldn't know because I don't know anything about Vermont's society or politics. But the reason his campaign didn't resonate in the South was that his issues of the banks corrupting Hillary and student loans and funding higher education didn't directly appeal to many blacks, who are concerned with a lack of investment capital in black communities and the lack of teaching kids even the skills to succeed in community colleges.

The Donald is interesting. I think most of us are at best uncertain about how this free trade thing is working out. The hows and whys of free trade would take a new thread. I think most of us agree that we should not be allowing illegal immigrants to come here, find jobs, and give birth to citizens. And, most of us are concerned with muslim fanaticism (they are NOT fundamentalist, btw). But, how the Donald says things is ... uncivil.

You are a narcissistic personality who insults me then cries when you get slapped right back.

You do not understand what is populism. Both Bern and Donald have populist memes in their campaign rhetoric. I find it amazing that a billionaire corporatist is acting like FDR and his second term and TR. Utterly amazing.

Hillary can't be stopped unless she is indicted or the DNC stops cheating the old commie out of his delegates So what else is new?

HenryBHough cuts my post, in violation, out of context to make a cheap attack on me.

He is such a little bitch. No one respect him. He can't act manly in any way shape or form. :lol:

Sad that America has gotten so bad that it needs a Trump to put it back on course.

America should be thankful that somebody like Trump came along!

He is the only one who can stop Hussein Obama's mess.

GO TRUMP!
he is the same as Obama

he is the same as Obama

What is Trumps plan to raise wages for working class Americans?
Then the whole country can fail just like Seattle is.

Forum List

Back