Trump can't bring the Republicans together. How will be bring the country together?

He made enemies of all the republican leadership. He will either have to roll over to them, and break his promise to all his anti establishment supporters, or they will stop everything he wants to do. Do you really think he will keep any of the outrageous promises he made but never said how he intended to do them?

No Republicans are going to stand up to Trump, they don't have the guts. Just like they didn't stand up to him during the Presidential campaign, despite all the horrible things he said.

Democrats may stand up to Trump for awhile, but once Trump starts using the FBI as a political instrument to throw Democrats (and some Republicans) in jail, that won't continue very long, either. He'll also use law enforcement instruments to go after journalists he doesn't like.

Democracy in this country is now over.

Tell me which of the past 3 presidents has brought the country together?
We are and will remain a divided populace because the people want it that way

We do want the country divided, because the ruling class wants us divided.

Hatred is taught. The kind of hatred Americans have for the other side needs to be actively conditioned.

He made enemies of all the republican leadership. He will either have to roll over to them, and break his promise to all his anti establishment supporters, or they will stop everything he wants to do. Do you really think he will keep any of the outrageous promises he made but never said how he intended to do them?

No Republicans are going to stand up to Trump, they don't have the guts. Just like they didn't stand up to him during the Presidential campaign, despite all the horrible things he said.

Democrats may stand up to Trump for awhile, but once Trump starts using the FBI as a political instrument to throw Democrats (and some Republicans) in jail, that won't continue very long, either. He'll also use law enforcement instruments to go after journalists he doesn't like.

Democracy in this country is now over.

If they cave like you predict, you will be right. I still believe sane people have some power. At least I hope so.

He can't bring them together --- he can only make the offer.

Whether they choose to accept the offer is strictly in their bailiwick.

There is no reason to suspect that the Dems will jump on board, since if they do, they will become irrelevant. They are forced to take an adversarial position on all things Trump ...

I think the GOP rank and file will cave under Trump. We'll have to wait for an Elizabeth Warren to run to beat back the power of darkness.

Hatred is taught. The kind of hatred Americans have for the other side needs to be actively conditioned.

Jawohl!!

We need "re-education" camps!!!

you need to look up the term learned helplessness

I think it's more that the majority of people just want to be left alone to live their lives and are just withdrawing from the fray which means that the fringes both right and left have less checks on them than in the past

There is no reason to suspect that the Dems will jump on board, since if they do, they will become irrelevant. They are forced to take an adversarial position on all things Trump ...

I suspect that will be the case, but that decision will be made on each issue. If he has good workable ideas, I'll support him. I just don't expect that.

9 out of 10 Republicans voted for Trump, so he united the rank and file of the Party, and the leadership will go where the votes are. His promises were bold but not at all outrageous. Essentially he is promising to take a fresh look at the globalist philosophy that has dominated the thinking of both parties since WWII, and which has cost Americans more than it has brought to us.

Or maybe Hillary brought them together....

I think it's more that the majority of people just want to be left alone to live their lives and are just withdrawing from the fray

I used to think that too.

People are sheep. The fringe in Germany pushed Hitler to the throne, and several months later most Germans were chanting "Death to Jews!"

I suspect that will be the case, but that decision will be made on each issue. If he has good workable ideas, I'll support him. I just don't expect that.

That would make you decidedly unique among the followers of Clinton.

I think the GOP rank and file will cave under Trump. We'll have to wait for an Elizabeth Warren to run to beat back the power of darkness.

I expect the same thing. That makes him crap on all the promises he made to remove the establishment republicans. He can't do both.

You said he couldn't win, so evidently we shouldn't rely on your judgment on what he might be able to do. So run along and just STFU, and we'll see what happens.

Yes. I said there were't enough crazies to elect him. I was wrong.

I felt the same way in 2012.

9 out of 10 Republicans voted for Trump, so he united the rank and file of the Party, and the leadership will go where the votes are. His promises were bold but not at all outrageous. Essentially he is promising to take a fresh look at the globalist philosophy that has dominated the thinking of both parties since WWII, and which has cost Americans more than it has brought to us.

Not outrageous? Did you listen to any of his speeches? Only third world dictators threaten to imprison their opponents. World wide stock markets already crashed because of the election, The world is shocked and afraid of what that clown might do. He can't handle a twitter account without melting down. Now he will have the nuclear codes.
Obviously you haven't listened to any of his speeches, just Clinton's lies about them.

That would make you decidedly unique among the followers of Clinton.

Not the Clinton supporters I know. What is right and workable is what counts. I don't expect either from that clown.

You said he couldn't win, so evidently we shouldn't rely on your judgment on what he might be able to do. So run along and just STFU, and we'll see what happens.

Yes. I said there were't enough crazies to elect him. I was wrong.

I felt the same way in 2012.

Your party didn't.

I expect the same thing. That makes him crap on all the promises he made to remove the establishment republicans. He can't do both.

I think you're "whistling past the graveyard", and don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Not outrageous? Did you listen to any of his speeches? Only third world dictators threaten to imprison their opponents. World wide stock markets already crashed because of the election, The world is shocked and afraid of what that clown might do. He can't handle a twitter account without melting down. Now he will have the nuclear codes.
markets are fickle and quick ups and downs are nothing to get your panties in a twist over
Markets fall when faced with uncertainty, and Trump's promises to take fresh looks at America's problems leaves investors uncertain about what he will decide what to do. Once his course becomes clear, the markets will recover.

Forum List

Back