trump can't get anyone to post his bond

Does that include National banks like Chase Bank? They are registered by the Comptroller of the Currency, not the State of New York.

It includes banks registered to do business in New York. Trump can go to any bank (foreign or domestic) that isn't registered in New York.

As long as the court appointed monitor permits...

Correct, and the Court Monitor will report to the court but not prevent the liquidation of assets intended to liquidate debt to that same court.

WW

It includes banks registered to do business in New York. Trump can go to any bank (foreign or domestic) that isn't registered in New York.
What does "registered" mean? A business license? Any bank with a branch or office in New York?

Even though they are chartered and regulated by the OCC and Federal Reserve, and the State of New York has no supervisory authority over them?

I dont think its right that he needs to put up that money to launch an appeal. It makes hustice the preserve of people who can afford it..
l know its trump but I still think its wrong.
This law is there just for people like Trump....with a long history of weaseling out of debts and stiffing people for the money he owes them.
The bond is required to ensure that when Trump loses his appeal and it comes time to finally pay up sucker then the funds are there to pay.
The bond has to be in place before the appeal can proceed because otherwise people like Trump would just abuse the court system like Trump is famous for and tie up paying his fines with administrative bullshit and appeals indefinitely.

Correct, and the Court Monitor will report to the court but not prevent the liquidation of assets intended to liquidate debt to that same court.
So you say, but I see that nowhere in the court docs. Show me something authoritative that says Trump can borrow against one of his buildings to post the bond.

His attorneys said he is blocked from doing that. "Registered in New York" doesn't mean crap to me. Can Trump invite Jamie Dimon down to MAL and borrow money from Chase against a NY property?

Trump will soon be heading to bankruptcy court. If he can't post bond, that is his only other option. Given the number of times his businesses have declared bankruptcy, he is undoubtedly familiar with the process.

This law is there just for people like Trump....with a long history of weaseling out of debts and stiffing people for the money he owes them.
The bond is required to ensure that when Trump loses his appeal and it comes time to finally pay up sucker then the funds are there to pay.
The bond has to be in place before the appeal can proceed because otherwise people like Trump would just abuse the court system like Trump is famous for and tie up paying his fines with administrative bullshit and appeals indefinitely.
then why didn't the bank say that under oath?

What does "registered" mean? A business license? Any bank with a branch or office in New York?

Yep

Even though they are chartered and regulated by the OCC and Federal Reserve, and the State of New York has no supervisory authority over them?

Yep, they also will have a business certificate to function in New York. So ya, New York does have supervisory authority over banks that function in - ya know - New York.

WW

Bond providers around DC are reporting visitors
None of the myriad of lawsuits care about winning. They care about smearing Trump front page to sway the weak minded. They know full well that the dismissals and exonerations will be on page 33 five months later and read by 1/100th of those who read the fake headlines,

Forum List

Back