trump claims he told NATO country he would not protect them if Russia attacked them

Nope - they did NOT agree to spend 2% - but agreed to acknowledge the guideline - that "envisages" a defense budget of 2% minimum.

Defense Budget allocation is a national, sovereign decision, but NATO Allies have agreed that at least 20% of defense expenditures should be devoted to major equipment spending, including the associated research and development, perceived as a crucial indicator for the scale and pace of modernization.

Aka - the German government of 2006 agreed to acknowledge the guideline - and the German government of e.g. 2023 agreed to ignore the acknowledgement of the guideline of the e.g. 2006 government. Simply because they don't have the $$ aka Euros available.
Ohh bullshit. They are deadbeats and are not paying their share and expect us to defend them and retards like you applaud their decision.

YVnTJEW.jpg

Last edited:
“As with much foreign policy, the Republican frontrunner radically misunderstood the nature and purpose of this relationship. NATO is not an alliance based on dues: it is the largest military bloc in history, formed to face down the Soviet threat, based on the collective defense that an attack on one is an attack on all – a principle enshrined in Article 5 of NATO’s founding treaty.
[…]
Trump’s comments come at a devastatingly bad time for Europe. The rogue rump of the GOP which supports him is persistently trying to derail vital aid to Ukraine. If the desired $60 billion does not arrive, or is delayed much longer, it will have an irrevocably detrimental impact on Ukraine’s practical defenses at the frontlines, political cohesion in Kyiv, and nationwide morale.

Damage is already being done. And it is Putin who benefits.”

Trump is comprehensively ignorant and wrong when it comes to foreign policy – another Trump term would be a disaster.
You're a collusion cultist CONspriscy theorist. Move along you fascist pig.

There is an old song, about an old saying. God Forbid you have to walk a mile in their shoes.

Poland just spent hundreds of millions to cut a canal through the spit of land to deny Russia canal fees for access. It is going to take Poland a hundred years to pay off that work with the fees they’ll charge.

This upset Russia who demanded Poland abandon the canal. Poland is putting their money up to oppose Russia. Trump is handing Poland to Russia on a silver platter.

What makes you think they aren’t paying? You are the worst sort of friend. The kind that demands an explanation and accounting for any favor asked of you.
Fuckem

Ohh bullshit. They are deadbeats and are not paying their share and expect us to defend them and retards like you applaud their decision.
Not at all - it's simply a fact that most countries simply can't afford (incl. constitutional spending laws) to spend 2% of their GDP onto Defense.

And as stated before, it is the USA that needs NATO to maintain its global hegemonic interests. It is not the European NATO that needs the USA, to fend off a mediocre Russian Army since latest 1990. (but we can talk about paying, to obtain the "nuclear US umbrella" - which e.g. Germany isn't allowed to obtain on it's own).

When European NATO states attacked Libya - it was the USA that refused to give it's support. - don't forget.

And as also stated before; the European NATO alone, already outspends Russia already by a 5:1 - latest since 1990.

There is however certainly no doubt, that NATO is even more powerful with the USA contributing it's Armed Forces in the event of a war with e.g. Russia.
And in order for the USA to reduce it's risk of getting it's own territory involved into a nuclear playground - the USA kindly permitted for Pershing I and II to be stationed in e.g. Germany. - don't forget.

So do feel free to tell me - why Pershing I and II needed to be deployed in Germany - whilst the USA having what? 10000 ICBM's at hand. "to protect us"
As such Trump isn't the first one to bring "doubt" into the USA's factual commitment towards "protecting" Europe or e.g. Germany.
BTW, I had served for around three years in a German operated Pershing unit, during my 20 years service.

Last edited:
Sometimes I swear this man is trying to lose. All he has to do is keep his mouth shut and let Biden drown in the media cycle and instead he just keeps trying to one up him on the insanity scale.

How many times has TRUMP said things that are very eye opening, and are very red meat oriented as a metaphor being thrown to the Trump hater's, and therefore causing them to pounce (like we're seeing AGAIN), only for the hater's to find out or realize that he was being over the top abrasive for good reason and on purpose ????? There is always a method to Trump's madness !!!!!!! He says things in a purposeful controversial way, otherwise in order to let it sink in deep the very true reality of a situation that no one was correcting when it should have been corrected long ago.

Remember the famous one where Trump said "hey Russia, please send us the dirt you have on Hillary if you have it please", but he only said it because so many Americans kept claiming that Russia, Russia, Russia had dirt on Hillary ? Trump just reacts to the bull shite going on for kicks, but is truly a super smart serious man when he is tasked to be that way when the need arrives.

Trump did not say to attack anyone.

“‘You didn’t pay? You’re delinquent?’” Trump recounted saying. “‘No, I would not protect you. In fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want. You gotta pay. You gotta pay your bills.’” - Trump

He did. Not only is Trump a traitor, but he's also the moron of morons. There's no bill. NATO countries don't pay the US like we're some neighborhood gang who protects the neighborhood from other gangs. It's truly shocking why anyone with even half a brain would follow this man or listen to a single thing he has to say and lend any legitimacy to him.

“‘You didn’t pay? You’re delinquent?’” Trump recounted saying. “‘No, I would not protect you. In fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want. You gotta pay. You gotta pay your bills.’” - Trump

He did. Not only is Trump a traitor, but he's also the moron of morons. There's no bill. NATO countries don't pay the US like we're some neighborhood gang who protects the neighborhood from other gangs. It's truly shocking why anyone with even half a brain would follow this man or listen to a single thing he has to say and lend any legitimacy to him.
You just don't get it or you do, and if you do it's because you know about how Trump shocks the world into reality by saying very controversial thing's in order to get ours and the world's attention towards some very important short falls that we've all had concerning such things, but you go on an act dumb about it ok...............................

752 posts off a 1 Liner comment from Trump.

WOW. Oh BTW, Europe is finally spensing more on its own defense. ABOUT TIME.

You mean what he had achieved already, in his first term? What’s the matter with that?
There is NOTHING wrong with that.

Now, all you need is someone who can advance the Trump AGENDA without the Trump
BAGGAGE.

Do that and I'll vote alongside you... as will millions of our fellow countrymen.

Fail to do that - leave your Orange Sociopath at the top of the ticket - and you will lose my vote, and many of those others.

You want what he's selling so badly that you're willing to look the other way.

I want what he's selling but he, himself, is far, far too high a price to pay, to get what I want.

And there's the difference.

You're a collusion cultist CONspriscy theorist. Move along you fascist pig.
‘It is still a mystery as to why Trump feels so inexplicably bound to Putin, and wedded to his flattery, or even success. It is a riddle we may only understand in the fullness of time. Is it a warped attraction to a “bad guy,” a crush on Russia’s deeply patriarchal culture, or something more darkly tied to Trump’s personal history itself?’ ibid

It’s no mystery, Trump is a wannabe despot and dictator, illiberal authoritarian, and an enemy of democracy – as is Putin.

Trump admires ruthless strongmen; he coddles despots and dictators and attacks our long-time allies, consistent with Trump’s willingness to allow Putin to destroy a democratic member of NATO.

There is NOTHING wrong with that.

Now, all you need is someone who can advance the Trump AGENDA without the Trump
BAGGAGE.

Do that and I'll vote alongside you... as will millions of our fellow countrymen.

Fail to do that - leave your Orange Sociopath at the top of the ticket - and you will lose my vote, and many of those others.

You want what he's selling so badly that you're willing to look the other way.

I want what he's selling but he, himself, is far, far too high a price to pay, to get what I want.

And there's the difference.
Nobody believes you’d vote for ANY republican

‘It is still a mystery as to why Trump feels so inexplicably bound to Putin, and wedded to his flattery, or even success. It is a riddle we may only understand in the fullness of time. Is it a warped attraction to a “bad guy,” a crush on Russia’s deeply patriarchal culture, or something more darkly tied to Trump’s personal history itself?’ ibid

It’s no mystery, Trump is a wannabe despot and dictator, illiberal authoritarian, and an enemy of democracy – as is Putin.

Trump admires ruthless strongmen; he coddles despots and dictators and attacks our long-time allies, consistent with Trump’s willingness to allow Putin to destroy a democratic member of NATO.
You speak of democracy as you support destroying rights

Nobody believes you’d vote for ANY republican
Yes... around this MAGA -infected cesspool, I find that to be largely true.

But it doesn't matter what YOU believe... only what I know to be true... such as this.

I find it genuinely comical that you clowns cannot fathom wanting the Trump agenda but despising Trump himself.

The concept is so foreign to your tiny little brains that it doesn't even exist in your alternate reality universe.

Your problem... not mine.

Yes... around this MAGA -infected cesspool, I find that to be largely true.

But it doesn't matter what YOU believe... only what I know to be true... such as this.

I find it genuinely comical that you clowns cannot fathom wanting the Trump agenda but despising Trump himself.

The concept is so foreign to your tiny little brains that it doesn't even exist in your alternate reality universe.

Your problem... not mine.
You voted for Biden

You're an anti rights fascist pig

Forum List

Back