Trump Confesses Just Before Key Classified Docs Hearing

You were given the executive summary of the Hur report and you insist it's all a conspiracy theory.
You gave one or two sentences from the executive summary.

I honestly have no idea what you're referring to as a "conspiracy theory".

The president works for us. If he declassifies information, he needs to tell us.
so many question so little time,,

how would he go about telling us when he did such a thing??

did other POTUSs tell us?? if so when and how??

have the people ever been informed when something was declassified??

and where is that written??

joe biden sure didnt tell us he kept classified documents and showed them to other people,,

You gave one or two sentences from the executive summary.

I honestly have no idea what you're referring to as a "conspiracy theory".

Correct. You were given the executive summary of the Hur report. Explain your conspiracy theory relative to the findings.

so many question so little time,,

how would he go about telling us when he did such a thing??

did other POTUSs tell us?? if so when and how??

have the people ever been informed when something was declassified??

and where is that written??

joe biden sure didnt tell us he kept classified documents and showed them to other people,,
If the president declassifies information, he tells the relevant agency that he is doing so they can systematically remove the declassification for that information throughout the agency.

If the president declassifies information, he tells the relevant agency that he is doing so they can systematically remove the declassification for that information throughout the agency.
I thought for sure you were going to answer my question and put this thing to rest,,

but alas just another response from a braindead useful idiot,,,

If no one knows that the information is declassified, then what's the point?
youre changing the subject,,

where does it say he needs permission or required to inform others of his actions??

why is i=t all these new rules only came up under trump and not any other presidents before him??

and why does joe get a pass when hes kept classified stuff at several locations unsecured when he has no authority to even possess them?? and showed them to other people,,

as I said,, I almost thought you were going to give answers with substance and not just more rantings from a useful idiot,,

youre changing the subject,,
Not at all, just look at the post you were responding to.
where does it say he needs permission or required to inform others of his actions??
Never said he needs permission. If he doesn't inform others, then the idea he declassified information is meaningless. Declassification is done specifically so information can be made publicly.
why is i=t all these new rules only came up under trump and not any other presidents before him??
No new rules.
and why does joe get a pass when hes kept classified stuff at several locations unsecured when he has no authority to even possess them?? and showed them to other people,,
Complicated. See the Hur report. Not relevant here.
as I said,, I almost thought you were going to give answers with substance and not just more rantings from a useful idiot,,
You are an asshole.

Not at all, just look at the post you were responding to.

Never said he needs permission. If he doesn't inform others, then the idea he declassified information is meaningless. Declassification is done specifically so information can be made publicly.

No new rules.

Complicated. See the Hur report. Not relevant here.

You are an asshole.
OK I get it,, your feelings are hurt,,

I DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS,,

I tried and you kept dodging my questions and bringing up stuff that wasnt relevant,,
This is a good primer:

Presidents rarely declassify information, and when they do, it occurs when they announce that information publicly.

The point I'm trying to make is that the only purpose for declassifying information is to make the information public. Secretly declassifying information without telling anyone is meaningless.

You can respond to this intelligently or not. Up to you.

This is a good primer:

Presidents rarely declassify information, and when they do, it occurs when they announce that information publicly.

The point I'm trying to make is that the only purpose for declassifying information is to make the information public. Secretly declassifying information without telling anyone is meaningless.

You can respond to this intelligently or not. Up to you.
I have never once in my 58 yrs heard of a POTUS declassifying anything,,

heres anothher question for you to dodge,,

can a POTUS give a classified document to someone without security clearance and leave it classified??

I have never once in my 58 yrs heard of a POTUS declassifying anything,,

heres anothher question for you to dodge,,

can a POTUS give a classified document to someone without security clearance and leave it classified??
I can't answer your question because I don't know.

POTUS has declassified things.

From the article:
Outside of a deliberate process, a president personally effectuating the declassification of information normally happens just by saying something publicly, or even Tweeting it. Again, on the night of the bin Laden raid, Obama decided in the span of a few hours to declassify the existence of the operation – no special formalities or written orders were required. In the strange era of Twitter under Trump, he declassified information on numerous occasions by simply hitting the “send” button, including the time he published a reportedly classified image of an Iranian missile site. Although it may have been unwise, this action was perfectly lawful, even if no formal process was involved.

Presidents perhaps most commonly make ad hoc information release decisions when engaging with foreign leaders on national security matters. There are formal inter-agency processes in place for clearing classified information for release to foreign governments, which the National Security Council typically follows when preparing presidents for discussions with foreign leaders. Presidents are not bound by this process, however, and can make on the spot decisions that result in sharing additional, uncleared classified information with those leaders. Whether this sharing results in declassification of that information is a complicated, fact-dependent question on what was was shared, with whom, and under what circumstances, but it’s still another example of where the president is not bound by the formal rules that apply to the rest of the Executive Branch.

The point of all this is that instances where the president personally orders the declassification of information are relatively rare. In May 2013, Obama declassified the fact that four Americans were killed in U.S. counterterrorism operations outside of areas of active hostilities, which was then disclosed in a letter to Congress from Attorney General Eric Holder. In April 2015, Obama declassified another U.S. counterterrorism operation that accidentally killed two hostages, one of whom was a U.S. citizen, Warren Weinstein. Ironically, one of the best example of a formal declassification order from a president over the last two decades comes from Trump, who issued a memo declassifying materials from the FBI’s Crossfire Hurricane investigation the day before he left office – Jan. 19, 2021. This order may end up undercutting Trump’s claims that he was declassifying documents in his head at the same time, given the formalities that he followed by issuing the memo.

Forum List

Back