Trump Confesses Just Before Key Classified Docs Hearing

This is a good primer:

Presidents rarely declassify information, and when they do, it occurs when they announce that information publicly.

The point I'm trying to make is that the only purpose for declassifying information is to make the information public. Secretly declassifying information without telling anyone is meaningless.

You can respond to this intelligently or not. Up to you.
dudette, I gave you the expert in this post. Why are you ignoring John Fitzpatrick? He's an expert in classified documents. You ignore him because he doesn't say what you want/ need to hear. LMAO. Here's the post again. You pots are always about the experts until you aren't. hilarious.

post the process! Cause, John Fitzpatrick says otherwise. Here, take a listen to the expert!!!!!!

dudette, I gave you the expert in this post. Why are you ignoring John Fitzpatrick? He's an expert in classified documents. You ignore him because he doesn't say what you want/ need to hear. LMAO. Here's the post again. You pots are always about the experts until you aren't. hilarious.
What does it mean to declassify something?

What does it mean to declassify something?
tell me? I have no idea what you're thinking. I wanted to know why you avoid the experts answers? which you did again in your post. Never honestly exchange in here. You're a fking loser, pot

tell me? I have no idea what you're thinking. I wanted to know why you avoid the experts answers? which you did again in your post. Never honestly exchange in here. You're a fking loser, pot
Classified information is information the government keeps secret for national security purposes.

Declassified information is information that no longer is to be kept secret.

So what does it mean to secretly determine that information is not to be kept secret? It's self contradictory.

I can't answer your question because I don't know.

POTUS has declassified things.

From the article:
Outside of a deliberate process, a president personally effectuating the declassification of information normally happens just by saying something publicly, or even Tweeting it. Again, on the night of the bin Laden raid, Obama decided in the span of a few hours to declassify the existence of the operation – no special formalities or written orders were required. In the strange era of Twitter under Trump, he declassified information on numerous occasions by simply hitting the “send” button, including the time he published a reportedly classified image of an Iranian missile site. Although it may have been unwise, this action was perfectly lawful, even if no formal process was involved.

Presidents perhaps most commonly make ad hoc information release decisions when engaging with foreign leaders on national security matters. There are formal inter-agency processes in place for clearing classified information for release to foreign governments, which the National Security Council typically follows when preparing presidents for discussions with foreign leaders. Presidents are not bound by this process, however, and can make on the spot decisions that result in sharing additional, uncleared classified information with those leaders. Whether this sharing results in declassification of that information is a complicated, fact-dependent question on what was was shared, with whom, and under what circumstances, but it’s still another example of where the president is not bound by the formal rules that apply to the rest of the Executive Branch.

The point of all this is that instances where the president personally orders the declassification of information are relatively rare. In May 2013, Obama declassified the fact that four Americans were killed in U.S. counterterrorism operations outside of areas of active hostilities, which was then disclosed in a letter to Congress from Attorney General Eric Holder. In April 2015, Obama declassified another U.S. counterterrorism operation that accidentally killed two hostages, one of whom was a U.S. citizen, Warren Weinstein. Ironically, one of the best example of a formal declassification order from a president over the last two decades comes from Trump, who issued a memo declassifying materials from the FBI’s Crossfire Hurricane investigation the day before he left office – Jan. 19, 2021. This order may end up undercutting Trump’s claims that he was declassifying documents in his head at the same time, given the formalities that he followed by issuing the memo.
the answer is yes POTUS can,,

he decides what should stay or not stay classified,, and to whom that info can be released too,,

face it drone,, your ignorance and the MSM control you like a puppet,,

So Trump keeps his clothing in boxes with classified documents? He's crazy as an outhouse rat.
Yes .. yes ... just like Biden keeping his classified documents, as a Senator and Vice President, next to his Corvette .. which Hunter Biden loves to drive.

we get it,, youre butthurt that you cant stop trump from being the next POTUS,,

my advice is get over it and stop with the dbl standards,,
Tell me, if I send a FOIA request for information to the government, how are they to determine if that information is classified or not which would very likely have an effect on what information they are legally required to disclose?

Tell me, if I send a FOIA request for information to the government, how are they to determine if that information is classified or not which would very likely have an effect on what information they are legally required to disclose?
you will have to ask them,,

and it doesnt have anything to do with the situation at hand,,

Forum List

Back