Trump Continues to Get Tough on Unfair Trade

"Trump Continues to Get Tough on Unfair Trade"

did he cancel his tie orders with the Chinese and tell Ivanka to back off?
He knows how stupid his supporters are, so lets turn on the canadians, I don't think he believes they can tell the difference, since both China and Canada began with a C

So you're calling all us white, black, latino, and asian people that voted for him stupid, right?

Trump's gonna do just fine, there's gonna be a lotta happy working black men.

They'll probably all be over 30, but whatever.

Them younger cats don't like to work at all.

:badgrin: I don't even consider people under 30 for working with me.

I need somebody that actually knows how to work.

U.S. goods and services trade with Canada totaled an estimated $662.7 billion in 2015. Exports were $337.3 billion; imports were $325.4 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade surplus with Canada was $11.9 billion in 2015.

Canada | United States Trade Representative
Trade deficit of $15 billion. You can't read your own post?

Canada has the trade deficit, NOT THE US.

US Exports to Canada - $337.4 billion
US Imports from Can. - $325.4 billion

There is already a movement taking form to boycott American products. Watch for it.

With regard to the softwood lumber dispute, this is the third time Americans have pulled this shit on the Canadian lumber industry. We took this to court twice, and the US lost both times. We will be litigating this, you can be sure.

As a point of interest, I'm reading that Trump is preparing an EO to pull out of NAFTA. I thought that the President cannot sign an EO to terminate a treaty which has been ratified by Congress, that only Congress can do that.

U.S. goods and services trade with Canada totaled an estimated $662.7 billion in 2015. Exports were $337.3 billion; imports were $325.4 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade surplus with Canada was $11.9 billion in 2015.

There is already a movement taking form to boycott American products. Watch for it.

With regard to the softwood lumber dispute, this is the third time Americans have pulled this shit on the Canadian lumber industry. We took this to court twice, and the US lost both times. We will be litigating this, you can be sure.

As a point of interest, I'm reading that Trump is preparing an EO to pull out of NAFTA. I thought that the President cannot sign an EO to terminate a treaty which has been ratified by Congress, that only Congress can do that.
Wrong. In 2015. Get an update.

Don't be stupid. You're the original poster... You aren't whining about anything but the "trade surplus" of other countries and how it affects American workers. There's a deficit of materials and goods imported but not all trade. Why aren't you willing to acknowledge that? They're selling us raw materials and natural resources and we have 10 times as many consumers as they. You didn't notice the total of good and services is an actual surplus of almost $12 Billion in America's favor? It only matters to you that lumber, oil products, and roofing materials are being imported rather than exported to Canada? How short-sighted are you? American workers benefit greatly from our trade with Canada. Of what do you think we can sell them more? Coal? Shoes? Fish? Hamburgers and donuts? More milk and corn? What is it you make they aren't buying and what do you buy from them now you're willing to pay more for, in order to provide more American jobs?

This is just another red herring to provide a scapegoat for your needy herd. Nothing more.

Don't be stupid. You're the original poster... You aren't whining about anything but the "trade surplus" of other countries and how it affects American workers. There's a deficit of materials and goods imported but not all trade. Why aren't you willing to acknowledge that? They're selling us raw materials and natural resources and we have 10 times as many consumers as they. You didn't notice the total of good and services is an actual surplus of almost $12 Billion in America's favor? It only matters to you that lumber, oil products, and roofing materials are being imported rather than exported to Canada? How short-sighted are you? American workers benefit greatly from our trade with Canada. Of what do you think we can sell them more? Coal? Shoes? Fish? Hamburgers and donuts? More milk and corn? What is it you make they aren't buying and what do you buy from them now you're willing to pay more for, in order to provide more American jobs?

This is just another red herring to provide a scapegoat for your needy herd. Nothing more.
US workers have been betrayed for decades now as a result of Clinton and NAFTA. Don't believe me? How did Trump win Rust Belt?

• The U.S. goods trade deficit with Canada was $15 billion in 2015, a 57.1% decrease ($20 billion) over 2014.

Trump is so tough on trade he just told Mexico and Canada the US is NOT leaving NAFTA

there ya go Drumpeteers, the latest campaign 'promise' right down the crapper, sad

US workers have been betrayed for decades now as a result of Clinton and NAFTA. Don't believe me? How did Trump win Rust Belt?
A non sequitur presumed relevant by employing a begging the question argument?
You know, this is a lot like sticking your fingers in your ears.
The tariff on Canadian lumber will do some things aside from increasing the cost of construction projects, and overall, creating jobs is not likely to be one of them.
Think you could attempt to explain how I'm wrong without dancing around the point?

Forum List

Back