trump cuts McCarthy off at the knees with statement about SS and Medicare cuts

Hell yes. Look at what FL senator Rick Scott said recently about entitlements:

How did these GOP morons get elected? Must live in a very wealthy area....
Scott wants to sunset Medicare now that he can't ripoff the program anymore.

I hope your work was a long time ago. Otherwise, you were *fucked*. Especially for skilled labor.
I retired long ago, quite comfortably. I questioned that SS would be around when I retired in my 20s and did something about it. If our incompetent government cut off my SS, I would still live comfortably. I was taught well.

As FORMER President Trump is no longer in government in any capacity, how did Trump 'cut McCarthy off at the knees'?

Trump, a citizen of the US, expressed his opinion, just like so many do on this chat board? So what? I'm not impressed.

Oh, sorry - I forgot you Trump-obsessed snowflakes still GIVE him control / power / importance in your own little TDS-suffering, Trump-obsessed minds. I forgot he lives there to this day rent free, 24/7.

:itsok:

I look at Trump the same way I look at people who endorse candidates, which so many others put stock into and orgasm over - I don't give a damn.

Trump is not in office. He has as much power and influence over people these days AS THEY GIVE HIM.

Trump has an opinion about SS and medicare cuts. Isn't that special - so does my 70+yo aunt, and I could care less, as well. If either one of them gets elected in the future and is in a position to affect SS or Medicare then I might change my mind.
One of "The Faithful" seems to be edging away here from their Orange Albatross... :badgrin:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day...

So from time-to-time Rump actually gets one right, as he did in this context... :cool:

I retired long ago, quite comfortably. I questioned that SS would be around when I retired in my 20s and did something about it. If our incompetent government cut off my SS, I would still live comfortably. I was taught well.

Good good. If you're working that long, I want you to be well compensated for it.

They did and you get to take it from job to job. It is called an IRA or 401K. Why should anyone else be responsible for you after you played the grasshopper your whole life. I worked nearly my entire life as a skilled employee and it wasn't until the last ten years that my wage exceeded $20. Maybe you should have tried to improve your skills.
I'm retired. Been collecting SS and using Medicare for over 20 years. It's worked great. $20 per hour is a joke in today's america. Not worth busting it for that would be unamerican.

There's a lot of things I like about Trump and this is one of them. He understands what it takes to win and going after 80-100 millions peoples retirement is a sure loser!

This is why he is the leader of the republican party and likely its candidate as he is literally the only one that aint a fool and has the self control to be a leader. Sometimes you have to be the one in the room that says that maybe you shouldn't say this or that and only the leader can do that. Most of the far right of that party doesn't have the sense to ever dream of the self control of this man and that is why they're losers.

This level of loserterianism is a sick joke.

It is also why he goes after blacks, hispanics, asians and gays. He understands that he needs their votes to win.

I'm retired. Been collecting SS and using Medicare for over 20 years. It's worked great. $20 per hour is a joke in today's america. Not worth busting it for that would be unamerican.
$20 today, yeah. But go back far enough and that's a decent wage.

I'm almost always on the side of folks that work for a living.

There's a lot of things I like about Trump and this is one of them. He understands what it takes to win and going after 80-100 millions peoples retirement is a sure loser!

This is why he is the leader of the republican party and likely its candidate as he is literally the only one that aint a fool and has the self control to be a leader. Sometimes you have the be the one in the room that says that maybe you shouldn't say this or that and only the leader can do that. Most of the far right of that party doesn't have the sense to ever dream of the self control of this man and that is why they're losers.

This level of loserterianism is a sick joke.

Trump is the reason the GOP is fucked in 2024. If he's the candidate, he loses. Almost half of the electorate won't vote for Trump under any circumstance.

If he isn't the candidate, he torches who ever is.

You're fucked.

Burger flipper is a high school job, not a career. It should not be a full time job and it damn sure doesn't rate $20/hr. It is clear you've never run a business.

Like 30 years ago yes. Wages have been suppressed in america for a looooong time.

I agree. I have a fairly simple motto I live by:

Never show loyalty to sociopaths.

Most any company, upon reaching a certain size, will begin to behave as a sociopath....assessing its people not as people, but as potential for revenue generation.

I treat those companies the *exact* same way. We workers make a mistake when we try and demonstrate loyalty to organizations that would gladly suppress wages, worsen working conditions, sacrifice safety, or lay us off....if they could make more money doing it.

Trump is the reason the GOP is fucked in 2024. If he's the candidate, he loses. Almost half of the electorate won't vote for Trump under any circumstance.

If he isn't the candidate, he torches who ever is.

You're fucked.
True, but anyone that ran on abolishing the retirement of 100 million Americans and throwing millions of disabled people onto the side of the street would be slaughtered at historic levels. Biden would walk back into the white house with 450+ electoral in 2024.

True, but anyone that ran on abolishing the retirement of 100 million Americans and throwing millions of disabled people onto the side of the street would be slaughtered at historic levels. Biden would walk back into the white house with 450+ electoral in 2024.

The GOP ran on privatizing social security. They *really* want hedge fund managers to have access to those trillions.

Forum List

Back